• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter 2018

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8903

I will not play this on the live server. I am at the top of my Age but cannot win battles or solve complex negotiations without using Diamonds which, as a disabled Senior, I can't afford. I like the overall game, though!

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I will not play this on the live server. I am at the top of my Age but cannot win battles or solve complex negotiations without using Diamonds which, as a disabled Senior, I can't afford. I like the overall game, though!
You do not need diamonds for negations, if you have bad luck try again. Yes that will cost more goods, but I rarely need that. :)

Sounds like you got spare time that you can spend learning to negotiate better or investing in Offensive GBs to strengthen your units. Or spend it learning alternate ways to getting diamonds.

DeletedUser8887

I got a 2X and the next thing I opened was Show 2. Since the 2X is supposed to double the next prize I assumed I would be shown 4 but I was only shown 2. I selected one of the two prizes shown and only got 1. Is that a glitch or does getting the Show 2 after the 2X void the 2X?

I got a 2X and the next thing I opened was Show 2. Since the 2X is supposed to double the next prize I assumed I would be shown 4 but I was only shown 2. I selected one of the two prizes shown and only got 1. Is that a glitch or does getting the Show 2 after the 2X void the 2X?
I think the 2x just doubles the 3 stars you get from the show 2, but show 4 doesn't sound that OP so not sure why we shouldn't have that.

Yang10

Marquis
Show 4 really is very interesting, I'd really like it.
I don't know if it's me, but the snow not covering the buildings is very disapointing, it should be added, at least for my taste.
I would love it if the Winter event were much snowier. Love the snowy surroundings

DeletedUser

it is intentional
because it is so since the first ever Winter Event in 2012

I think the 2x just doubles the 3 stars you get from the show 2, but show 4 doesn't sound that OP so not sure why we shouldn't have that.
and that is also suggested since the first ever Winter Event in 2012

but they didn't change it in 6 years so you shouldn't expect it soon

NorMags

Baronet
When getting the show two, when hovering over those shown it doesn't say what it is but Mystery present. Is it a bug?

Last edited:

DeletedUser9410

Event completed. 1 Spire at 12 and 1 at 5, i might buy 1 star pack if tomorrows daily prize is something i like.
Overall i enjoyed this event very much, HOWEVER, if i may make a suggestion ( request) for future events, Please make the blueprints player age related, everything else we can win is, so surely they could be as well.
Other than that, thank you very much.

DeletedUser

No interesting daily price today. Last few hours of the last day never have been interesting. So I used up all my stars. Live servers I'll go for sleigh builder (main world) and wishing wells (side worlds where I set up only them for diamonds). Nice not to have to wait for kits for the main building since it is possible without kits from dailies and it won't appear as daily.

Got 5 sleigh builders on beta from dailies. (One with x2.) And I used only about maybe 60 percent of my stars on them. Other stuff I tried was rogue hideout + shrink kit (got this cheap) and some renovation kits I think.

So last quest no additional portrait pictures (avatars). 20 stars (instead of 15.) I have the spire on max level + 1 additional kit (means 40 additional candles) + 3 candles to the next additional kit (37 candles). Meaning 77 additional candles.

No diamonds used. The strategy to use up stars in big bulks is best to generate candles. Gives you more starts. (Better chances on additional stars from +14 price or shuffle because you'll get this more often. Only trying a few gifts ... maybe winning 1 daily early and waiting for next day ... and you'll get less shuffles. I only used the stars in big bulks of about 300-400 on 3 different days. Sleigh builder twice and the last the the remaining 400-500. In between for some small prices only a few to try.)

DeletedUser9403

...last day has come, and of course, no Chapions Retreat this time either :|
One of the worst events so far.

RedRed

Viceroy
Yes it is over. Lost some daily reward but completed all missions, ended up with 1200 stars, got 12 upgrades and the Winter Spire fully upgraded (1 upgrade more than those needed to have a complete winter spire, gained long before ending the candles). Seems to me a very good balancing for a happy new year.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9555

Well, I guess I wasn't paying attention. They could have given us until midnight :( Ended up with lvl 11 Winter Spire only.
A month of going through the event ...

Note:
I have a level 1 spire set. I'd rather have the possibility to win/exchange it for an upgrade kit. Total waste of space. Really disappointed :( :( :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9555

Level 11 Winter Spire is still nice :)
Not really, when you take into account the time spent. :( Discouraging

Unfortunately the event coincided with the introduction of the Vikings balancing act. Too much was happening.

An idea:
An extra reminder could be added. Something indicating that the "LAST 24h" of the event have started.
Or maybe an in-game system message. At least for the beta testers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That's a problem with all the events. I guess the longer the event the more likely people are to forget about the end date. But then again there is a timer. I think even on the main city screen it displays in the last few days (so you won't have to open the special event window or the quest window to see the remaining time).

I always set myself an own reminder to remember it.