• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter 2018

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

sirblu

Baronet
Please leave any feedback on the Winter event in this thread.
You can find all the details here.
How do the prizes get shuffled? I used all my stars yesterday and now today there is still all the same prizes. How do you refresh the screen or does it only refresh once you have gone through all of them. I don't remember it being like this last year.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
How do the prizes get shuffled? I used all my stars yesterday and now today there is still all the same prizes. How do you refresh the screen or does it only refresh once you have gone through all of them. I don't remember it being like this last year.

It shuffles when you find the shuffle (to a different arrangement of the same prizes), or when the daily prize changes (00:00 GMT on beta or about two hours from now) (all the prizes will be revealed prior to you hitting the shuffle button in this case)

DeletedUser9403

Is it to much to ask that at least in ONE of the days of any event to have as reward a ... CHAMPIONS RETREAT?

DeletedUser9537

How about this for a new building idea?

A ♻ "ReGifter" ♻ or ♻ "Recycler" ♻

It would allow us to put all of the items in our inventory that we do not have any use for into it. Then when the "Bin" is full you click a button that randomly chooses an item from a list for that day or week.

I read a lot about folks OCD... One of mine is useless clutter...

DeletedUser9692

There needs to be a way to get a whole new set of gifts if you get the one you want. You shouldn't have to clear all the crap if you happen to get REAL lucky and get the gift you want early. Also, my candles, in 8 rolls, 1x3, 1x2, 6x1 candle... statistically possible, but iffy.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
There needs to be a way to get a whole new set of gifts if you get the one you want. You shouldn't have to clear all the crap if you happen to get REAL lucky and get the gift you want early. Also, my candles, in 8 rolls, 1x3, 1x2, 6x1 candle... statistically possible, but iffy.

It's called finding the shuffle button. It shouldn't usually take you opening the rest of the presents unless you're very unlucky to follow your very lucky early gift.

DeletedUser

you will accept it when you play the games 6 years

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Heavily seems to depend on the chances for 1,2,3 candles. Did anyone check this? (Make a list or someting?) If chances are evenly split between the 3 options ... it does not seem that bad. If 1 appears most often and 3 is pretty rare ... it will be harder. With not enough luck or a bit of bad luck ... you might end up having to use a lot of diamonds.

so far I am only a little bit "above avarage" if we assume an even distribution between 1, 2 and 3 so I guess the chances are even (or at least 1 and 3 are even)... I have seen a lot of 3s, but since I just go into a click-frenzy when using the matches it is not easily observable for me ;D

DeletedUser9691

Update 1.140 on my apple mobile but still no winter event .
I hope it works on 3 december when the event start on the other worlds

DeletedUser9287

Почему мой Зимний Шпиль (Церковь) не издаёт колокольный звон при сборе товаров, а колокольный звук издаёт деревянный коттедж- это неправильно?

Logain Sedai

Baronet
Почему мой Зимний Шпиль (Церковь) не издаёт колокольный звон при сборе товаров, а колокольный звук издаёт деревянный коттедж- это неправильно?

@Warrior73
Please translate. English is the language to be used on this forum.

DeletedUser9287

Why my winter Spire (Church) does not make a bell ring when collecting goods, and the bell sound makes a wooden cottage - is it wrong?

DeletedUser9692

It's called finding the shuffle button. It shouldn't usually take you opening the rest of the presents unless you're very unlucky to follow your very lucky early gift.

That's the current way... Again... you have to open more crap you don't want. I would like the ability to reset the set of 18 when I want to. Like the re-spin button from the pirate event.

Plus the rewards are kinda lame. In the recent events, regardless of age, you had the opportunity to get 5/10/20 FPs, or, at least 2,3.5. You could get One up or reno kits without, on average, 12 attempts (clearing half the board). This event has a preponderance of watchfires and watchfire upgrade kits that (personal discussion on multiple worlds, no-one wants anyway. These , along with ritual flames just accumulate in inventory or are destroyed). Once, first day, SoK. Once, RHo. and we're 20+/31 days in. (I'm not going to get into how lame the new fractional SoKs, and, even worse, WW shrink kits are for the same effort / cost)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
That's the current way... Again... you have to open more crap you don't want. I would like the ability to reset the set of 18 when I want to. Like the re-spin button from the pirate event.

Plus the rewards are kinda lame. In the recent events, regardless of age, you had the opportunity to get 5/10/20 FPs, or, at least 2,3.5. You could get One up or reno kits without, on average, 12 attempts (clearing half the board). This event has a preponderance of watchfires and watchfire upgrade kits that (personal discussion on multiple worlds, no-one wants anyway. These , along with ritual flames just accumulate in inventory or are destroyed). Once, first day, SoK. Once, RHo. and we're 20+/31 days in. (I'm not going to get into how lame the new fractional SoKs, and, even worse, WW shrink kits are for the same effort / cost)

Fractional SoKs are *not* for the same cost. Those aren't the special, they're a side prize on a day when you're chasing a different special.

You are likely to get 8 to 12 things you want on top of a level 12 spire if you complete the event. This is *not* a bad payoff. I got a meager 5 sunken treasures as my other prizes during a summer event where i *spent* diamonds to get a 2nd pirate ship on one of my live worlds with an almost non-stop refreshing wheel to pick between. And 7 sunken treasures on the other live world (again spent diamonds to get a 2nd pirate ship). Now yes I had bad luck on one world and a hood that didn't GAF about the summer event on another so the wheel never refreshed on its own, but i'm 99% certain I will get more out of winter event without spending a cent (can't be 100% because there does exist really bad RNG streaks - but there's really great ones too). You do open a lot more presents total in winter than in many events so the side prizes don't need to be stellar and yet are better than the past couple years.

It doesn't matter how bad the worst daily specials are. You just don't pick any presents if you don't like the special or board. All you need to do is wait for a day you do like and go ham. You can't be chasing *every* daily special anyways.

Overall winter is one of the more strategically interesting events they have and haven't completely gutted. I love the shuffle, the show 2, and the double payout, and the interesting decisions they bring about (such as the one you're complaining about that you win the special early, is it worth continuing to open presents to find the shuffle? or wait for another day?). For new prizes the Charming Cottage is ok if you need it. The Sleigh Builder is pretty great. And the usual *whole* SoKs, Rogue Hideouts, and Reno Kits are there along with bonus fragments sitting on boards that might accidentally complete you a building while you chase something else and bonus prizes with the matches and tree. I'm thrilled that it had a resurgence from last year's struggle-to-complete-anything-worthwhile set-of-mediocrity.

I do think it's a reasonable request to have champ retreat have one day in an event this long. But we were able to win them in fall event so maybe they think it can be an event off for those. They don't seem to put them into every event these days.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
The (new?) snow looks nice in the landscape, but there is no snow anymore on any of the buildings - is that intended?

Logain Sedai

Baronet
Why my winter Spire (Church) does not make a bell ring when collecting goods, and the bell sound makes a wooden cottage - is it wrong?
I noticed the bell sound when collecting this morning but as I collect at the same time the church and the cottage, I did not notice anything wrong. I will pay attention next time and report.