• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback The Virgo Project / Stargazer

DeletedUser

You can never be too thin or have too much FPs. I gather seven hundreds a day and I crave for more.

But if you, Inno team, only do as much as simply add FPs to Virgo, that would be epic fail. The bonus needs to be changed (for me, personally, for completely other bonus...) and not just pimped by glitter of FPs.

1BFA

Viceroy
With new age some folks like to have barracks from multiple ages, why not add population bonus to stargaze GB? Was it Innovation Tower the last gb that gave population?

TVP: Instead of killing the army just injure them by 1-4 points and make it like AO so it works both ways.

With new age some folks like to have barracks from multiple ages, why not add population bonus to stargaze GB? Was it Innovation Tower the last gb that gave population?

TVP: Instead of killing the army just injure them by 1-4 points and make it like AO so it works both ways.

ehm, with all the event buildings nowadays, why would we need extra population if these event buildings also give loads of them? on live, i have a city with 25k free population while no houses are present anymore :p

DeletedUser9154

My apologies if somebody already mentioned this, but it looks like almost only highest era players complain about Virgo Project, not the lower era ones. Okay, we know that they complain because their hopes of never being breached will be broken for good, but, why to prevent lower era players from building it as defence in lower eras truly has definition of being useless?

iPenguinPat

Squire
ehm, with all the event buildings nowadays, why would we need extra population if these event buildings also give loads of them? on live, i have a city with 25k free population while no houses are present anymore :p

There are actually several reasons why population makes sense.

First, There are plenty of casual/mid-tier players that don't complete all of the events, so they would not have the same excess that a daily player would have. Those players tend to rely on normal goods buildings and supply buildings, etc, so the population would help them along. A GB that's useful for a wide range of players is good.

Second, there is a niche of high volume GvGers that run dozens of racks. I have 177k population, and it's all used. Once SAM comes out, that demand for population is going to be even higher. While the majority just use Traz only to fund their GvG fighting, those that need the population -really- need it. For TVP, it would give the most hardcore gvg'ers a reason to build it since the other effect nearly pointless with so few charges.

Third, It does force players of all ages to consider how much the GB is worth to them. Especially in earlier ages, getting enough happiness to offset the population might be tough. with 177k population, I've dealt with city happiness issues regularly. Just 1 building not polished could drop back down to 100%. It's not make or break, but it definitely forces early age player to decide between inno or the more advanced GB. Either way, they would have more population than they could ever use.

Finally, it's not a "no-brainer" type bonus like FPs. If you put FP on either of these GB's they'll become popular. As one of the most prolific goods sellers on my server, it'd make me filthy rich. I'm not opposed to that idea! :)
It would definitely give all of the defense stacking players a real reason to complain because a much much higher % of players would build it (if we're talking TVP). That alone tends to deter me from wanting FP on TVP. The bonus should be something that isn't a no-brainer but is still useful (coins/supplies are more token bonus than actually useful).

Logain Sedai

Baronet
This topic has been going for a while and that gave time for more consideration of the Virgo Project. And I must say that I have changed my mind about it.
If we consider that FOE is a war game, then we should have the possibility to attack and defend our cities. The Virgo Project makes this possibility disappear, as there is no way you can win with half your army vanished into thin air. Of course, you can always prevent the plundering by collecting on time, but this is not very warrior-like...
As someone has said, we cannot discard the fact that some players will use the Virgo Project to group attack some players, either in revenge or just for the "fun" of it.
As suggested by other players, one way to modify the GB would be that instead of killing half the army, it would only reduce the "lifepoints" (I can't remember the word in english...) of the units.
Another way to modify would be that it could not be used in the hood, but only on the continent map, GvG, EG and Mars Expedition. But in this case, I wonder how many will want to have it for such a limited use.

What I would NOT like is that it gives FP not because we already get many FPs but because it would encourage people to have this GB, and once they have it, they will use it for its main purpose and make the hood full of unhappy people.

DeletedUser9982

This topic has been going for a while and that gave time for more consideration of the Virgo Project. And I must say that I have changed my mind about it.
If we consider that FOE is a war game, then we should have the possibility to attack and defend our cities. The Virgo Project makes this possibility disappear, as there is no way you can win with half your army vanished into thin air. Of course, you can always prevent the plundering by collecting on time, but this is not very warrior-like...
As someone has said, we cannot discard the fact that some players will use the Virgo Project to group attack some players, either in revenge or just for the "fun" of it.
As suggested by other players, one way to modify the GB would be that instead of killing half the army, it would only reduce the "lifepoints" (I can't remember the word in english...) of the units.
Another way to modify would be that it could not be used in the hood, but only on the continent map, GvG, EG and Mars Expedition. But in this case, I wonder how many will want to have it for such a limited use.

What I would NOT like is that it gives FP not because we already get many FPs but because it would encourage people to have this GB, and once they have it, they will use it for its main purpose and make the hood full of unhappy people.
WE NEED MORE FORGE POINTS :D

Virgo:

Change the coins to fps and change the kill 4 to HP damage and increase the likelihood of it hitting and the number of battles it can be used on.

Why FPs? Many people are commenting that we have so many fps at this point. It is true the game was originally balanced between a need for coins, supplies, goods, medals, and fps. The issue is is that by the time a player gets to SAM the only one of these that they do not have an essential unlimited amount of is fps. FPs are needed to level up great buildings and that is mostly what SAM players would be doing (also basically anyone after FE). So even if your city was making 3k fps a day you would still need more bc the cost of the Great Buildings keep going up.

Stargazer:

Change the prior age goods to a prior age goods that you choose. ie instead of giving VF goods, it would give the player the same amount of goods of whatever prior age they choose. Setting the age of the goods would be a setting within the Great Building. A passive bonus of some kind also wouldn't hurt.

Why this change? It's simple. People do need goods from ages prior but they usually don't need them from the immediate preceding age. Add to that the fact that since you don't need goods for GvG after FE goods after FE are worth less. This is because even if you need goods for a great building you only need the goods until the building is built. Once it is built you don't need any more. GvG has a consistent draw on goods. Until inno fixes the GvG problem this building would be useless unless it could provide a variety of ages of goods

I don't think that anyone doesn't want fp bonuses for their actual play. They are just sick of every building needing to have them. For that to change, though, there would need to be a fundamental shift in the resources that are required to play.

DeletedUser6764

My apologies if somebody already mentioned this, but it looks like almost only highest era players complain about Virgo Project, not the lower era ones. Okay, we know that they complain because their hopes of never being breached will be broken for good, but, why to prevent lower era players from building it as defence in lower eras truly has definition of being useless?

Would not the complaint be because the advanced players asked for a large building according to the era? If less advanced players want to build Virgo, ask them to attach Virgo as the third G.B. of industrial age!

DeletedUser9761

Virgo with FPs and Stargazer without them and that works for me. Thank you.