• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback The Virgo Project / Stargazer

Feanor II

Baronet
GvG is just bad looking, leaking with horrible fluids corpse :p deal with it :D

Which makes it a much more high-quality product than these SA:M GBs. Heck, we could add an awful odor and zombie virus to it without changing that. SA:M GBs are a special kind of terrible now.

At least in the past when they released horrible a GB, there was a good (or at least decent) one of the same era to offset it. Colosseum is offset by LoA, Lotus Temple is offset by Inno Tower, Gaea Statue is offset by AO, etc. This is the worst GB lineup since ME.

DeletedUser

Which makes it a much more high-quality product than these SA:M GBs. Heck, we could add an awful odor and zombie virus to it without changing that. SA:M GBs are a special kind of terrible now.

At least in the past when they released horrible a GB, there was a good (or at least decent) one of the same era to offset it. Colosseum is offset by LoA, Lotus Temple is offset by Inno Tower, Gaea Statue is offset by AO, etc. This is the worst GB lineup since ME.
That's an idea! Mars Zombie Virus instead of missile launch. Infected attacking army gets 50% of bonus attack and maybe incredible speed...

DeletedUser10044

Fortunately and I am very satisfied the Beta staff reads all the weeks of comments and criticisms, finally they will remedy the error TVP, now the GB does not ruin the balance that has always existed and that MUST exist, ... now just add the second PF bonuses and they're all happy and everyone will build it in the end I'm 100% sure and nobody will complain.
Because the PFs are like money, they are never enough, and since increasing all the GBs are above all PF it is right to propose it, but I am happy anyway, for not having thrown 6 years of defense work, then if one is stronger than me it is right that he defeats me 'citizen army, but at least it is a challenge.

For the second GB in my opinion, if they give the possibility to choose which inferior age to produce goods it would make it soooo interesting.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Fortunately and I am very satisfied the Beta staff reads all the weeks of comments and criticisms, finally they will remedy the error TVP, now the GB does not ruin the balance that has always existed and that MUST exist, ... now just add the second PF bonuses and they're all happy and everyone will build it in the end I'm 100% sure and nobody will complain.
Because the PFs are like money, they are never enough, and since increasing all the GBs are above all PF it is right to propose it, but I am happy anyway, for not having thrown 6 years of defense work, then if one is stronger than me it is right that he defeats me 'citizen army, but at least it is a challenge.

For the second GB in my opinion, if they give the possibility to choose which inferior age to produce goods it would make it soooo interesting.

I'll complain significantly more loudly if they just slap FP on the thing and call it done. The problems with virgo project go well beyond the neighborhood. It is just flat out a poor design and we don't need more useless FP factories. We need things people make choices about, that make one person's strategy different from another's. Granted this might require more than a GB but going further and further down the 'here's a useless building, except it makes FP so eventually it'll pay for itself' road is not healthy.

HossamAly

Merchant
I'll complain significantly more loudly if they just slap FP on the thing and call it done. The problems with virgo project go well beyond the neighborhood. It is just flat out a poor design and we don't need more useless FP factories. We need things people make choices about, that make one person's strategy different from another's. Granted this might require more than a GB but going further and further down the 'here's a useless building, except it makes FP so eventually it'll pay for itself' road is not healthy.

I couldn't agree more! This thread is rich with good and new ideas. Just sticking FPs on top of it will be the laziest decision ever!

DeletedUser10044

in this forum,the ideas are not lacking, but if you consider it poor, don't build it, no obligation, more space in the city...... the worst thing was before when from "useless" as you say, it was "harmful" which is much worse .... to complain are all capable, but what do you need yet? goods, diamonds, coins, materials, FP, attack and defense, what do we still have to invent in this game? .....
the FP have always been the thing that makes everyone agree, they exchange points, if they sell the goods for points, they argue for points, they loot for points, because they NEED with what fill the GB with air? the more advanced they are, the more expensive they are, I believe that at least one of the two GBs needs more points.

We can argue that it is lazy and unoriginal ok true, but we do not tell meaningless things, if the FPs are not fundamental I have played foe for 6 years without having understood anything

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
in this forum,the ideas are not lacking, but if you consider it poor, don't build it, no obligation, more space in the city...... the worst thing was before when from "useless" as you say, it was "harmful" which is much worse .... to complain are all capable, but what do you need yet? goods, diamonds, coins, materials, FP, attack and defense, what do we still have to invent in this game? .....
the FP have always been the thing that makes everyone agree, they exchange points, if they sell the goods for points, they argue for points, they loot for points, because they NEED with what fill the GB with air? the more advanced they are, the more expensive they are, I believe that at least one of the two GBs needs more points.

We can argue that it is lazy and unoriginal ok true, but we do not tell meaningless things, if the FPs are not fundamental I have played foe for 6 years without having understood anything

FP are meaningless now that they're pretty much just being spent to make more FP to spend to make more FP...

There used to be objectives to the game that actually took work to accomplish and FP were needed to fuel the GBs that would serve those aims. But now we've gotten to a point where everything other than FP we already make more than we use. So we don't really need more FP either. But if they give us another building that makes FP of course everyone will build it - and what will we have accomplished?

I agree if it's something I won't use and don't build it it's not so bad. There's many GBs I don't build. Ideally it should appeal to some people but not all people - and without FP I feel this building probably does hit that mark. The moment you slap FP on it though it tips the other way and everyone builds it which is as bad as noone building it. I'd rather it stay as is than see a change from coin to FP. I'd still be irked at the idiocy that resulted in its creation and it'd be on my list of reasons I really should be giving up on this game but I'd be a little less disgusted than a useless piece of crap I'm going to build anyways because it makes FP and therefore will eventually be free.

Bottom line: there is no way to balance 'instantly kill half the opposing army and get a free win'. No amount of rarity in proc chance, restriction to applicable situations, or limitation in daily uses makes this an effect that should exist in the game as it's just too strong. Those 'mitigating' factors may make the building less appealing but they do not make it balanced. Adding FP so people build it anyways even though they don't like how infrequently they get the effect is even worse.

qaccy

Emperor
Virgo could function like the Kraken but for defense instead of offense (of course, in this context it would not have limited charges). Perhaps this isn't good enough to make everyone change their current tune about it, but for me personally that's a lot more interesting than what it currently does.

Another idea is to instead deal damage to all units rather than killing half of them. In this design, variables that could be affected by level are the chance of occurrence, how many battles it could occur in, the damage dealt, and/or the number of enemies affected. Lots of leeway here for Inno to decide what would be best if this was a route they wanted to explore.

For the Star Gazer, I like the idea I just saw that looked at other buildings in your city to determine its production. That post mentioned residential buildings, but since this building is producing goods, I think it's only fitting that it require goods buildings instead. After all, Alcatraz looks at your other barracks because it produces units. Same deal here! Looking at residentials makes it too 'easy' because residentials are something you're always going to have anyway.

This no PvP for TVP has made my diamond buying friends happy now that there won't be a situation of any of their neighbours being able to beat their defence with a lucky roll of the dice killing half their defenders, but simply removing the one actual useful ability it had (that it can beat any neighbours defence) means that nobody I know is intending to build it at all now. I personally wasn't going to anyway even when it could do PvP.
Many of us have suggested changing the kill half to infiltrate (or irradiate as it is a nuke) the enemy. Give it the same chance per level of success as the AO as a passive bonus same as critical hit is (both attack and defence) and make the other bonus a coin boost rather than coin collection (we have 2 supply boost GB's but only one coin boost GB)
These changes would make it a GB that most people want (the fighters for the one point of damage and the farmers for the coins)

Feanor II

Baronet
This no PvP for TVP has made my diamond buying friends happy now that there won't be a situation of any of their neighbours being able to beat their defence with a lucky roll of the dice killing half their defenders,

I actually liked that part. It's like a Mutual Assured Destruction paradigm for FoE. Yes, I realize some players are upset because they want to plunder with impunity, but I felt like it leveled the field a bit. It was literally the only good thing about either SA:M GB. I didn't think it was worth building (especially since I have a 712% atk boost on my main and can get through pretty much any defense i want without it) but I do like the idea of giving the "little guy" a big club that the plunderer has to worry about.

Now it's utterly useless and completely pointless.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
Just chiming in to give you an update on The Virgo Project.
Due to your passionate discussions about neighbourhood attacks, we decided to exclude the missile launch skill from neighbourhood attacks.
Expect an update about this soon (somewhen in the next few weeks). :)

Also, thank you for bringing this up!

Thanks for the info. This is a great decision. :).

I am sure we will have more passionate / heated discussions about which skills the VP should have ;).

For me, I would keep saying that it should NOT give more FPs. As I and others have said already, I find that the game already relies too much on FPs and that there already many sources of those FPs. To those who say there is never enough FPs, I would say: yes but what would be the interest of the game if we had enough ?

For a change, I would suggest that the other skills would bring Guild power which is something that we don't have yet and that would bring benefit to all. On a Guild leader point of view, it would be nice to have the "bigger" players doing something to the benefit of all guilders.

I was also thinking of something that would possibly raise a greater storm. Why not making this GB useful only to the Space Age players? In the past, you could have only GB of your age (or from previous ones) and that was OK. We were even more motivated to go through the TT. The game is about choices to be made: on your style of playing, on your speed for progression and also for your choice in GB.

I would not find unfair or "horrible" that you can get this GB only when reaching SAM. So the new skill would bring more credits or martian ore. And this skill would adapt to the next ages which would probably requires the equivalent of credits and ore.

DeletedUser9982

Thanks for the info. This is a great decision. :).

I am sure we will have more passionate / heated discussions about which skills the VP should have ;).

For me, I would keep saying that it should NOT give more FPs. As I and others have said already, I find that the game already relies too much on FPs and that there already many sources of those FPs. To those who say there is never enough FPs, I would say: yes but what would be the interest of the game if we had enough ?

For a change, I would suggest that the other skills would bring Guild power which is something that we don't have yet and that would bring benefit to all. On a Guild leader point of view, it would be nice to have the "bigger" players doing something to the benefit of all guilders.

I was also thinking of something that would possibly raise a greater storm. Why not making this GB useful only to the Space Age players? In the past, you could have only GB of your age (or from previous ones) and that was OK. We were even more motivated to go through the TT. The game is about choices to be made: on your style of playing, on your speed for progression and also for your choice in GB.

I would not find unfair or "horrible" that you can get this GB only when reaching SAM. So the new skill would bring more credits or martian ore. And this skill would adapt to the next ages which would probably requires the equivalent of credits and ore.
Come on.. Say more FPs please, so i can continue to help you trading goods paying 1FP for every trade :p

DeletedUser8048

That's an idea! Mars Zombie Virus instead of missile launch. Infected attacking army gets 50% of bonus attack and maybe incredible speed...

I LIKE the zombie virus idea ... instead of Inno killing the neighborhood use of the Virgo, change it to this ... if the neigborhood attack use is negated, there is no point in having the Virgo.

DeletedUser9134

Here's a simple idea...

2nd bonus on one of them: Can add and accept x more friends to your friendlist.

Unique and more useful to some than others.

DeletedUser9154

Just chiming in to give you an update on The Virgo Project.
Due to your passionate discussions about neighbourhood attacks, we decided to exclude the missile launch skill from neighbourhood attacks.
Expect an update about this soon (somewhen in the next few weeks). :)
Also, thank you for bringing this up!
I think Virgo should now give unlimited amount of low chances for it's ability,as it is excluded from neighborhood. Give something like max 5% chance, just let it be unlimited amount, otherwise it will become almost truly useless

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
these 2 GB become useful for guild battlefields (if the negations require -1) (announced on .fr and not here?)