• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected blueprint flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artubar

Baronet
Situation: While blueprints were something valuable and rare when I started playing FoE back in 2014.
Getting blueprints, especially for the Observatory, was a demanding task, and most players I know even used diamonds to buy the last missing one (including me).

Nowadays, this thrill is gone. While being convenient for players starting a new city, it's quite annoying for everyone else* (*I know).

You get blueprints by
  • aiding other players icons_only_available.png
  • contributing to Great Buildings icons_only_available.png
  • Shrine of Inspiration icons_only_available.png
  • completing quests icons_only_available.png
    and...
  • Treasure Hunt
  • Guild Expedition chests
  • Relics
  • event rewards
As for the last four of them, BPs are more often a penalty than a reward (although I even prefer a treasure hunt blueprint over that lampooning medal packages, but that's another topic)

Some ideas to resolve or at least moderate the situation:
  1. Reduce the overall output of 'reward' blueprints, especially for (ex-)special GBs
  2. Make it possible to trade in BPs not only 2:1 for the same GB but also at a higher rate (eg. 5:1) for a different one
  3. Make it possible to sell BPs for diamonds (eg. 20 diamonds - buying one costs 200, and 1:10 seems to be a valid ratio concluding from the NPC goods vendors)
  4. Improve the 'random BP generator' with priorities:
    1. incomplete sets where you haven't built the GB yet
    2. incomplete sets where the GB is already built to max level
    3. pseudo-random as usual

Most of those suggestions have already been made - but never got approval or were dismissed (by other means than simply ignoring it). The oldest one I've found is dated March 2013 - ignoring a demand that long is quite.. impressive.

After getting 14 Observatory blueprints in a row yesterday in the apple event (8 baskets, 7x BPs and one lonely rogue... -.- ) my new avatar was born :confused:
- wonder if I ever get the reasons to change it into a 'I ♥ Inno' ;)

FoE_Obs_Madness.jpg

/edit: as a funny side note: In German there's a common idiom, 'jemanden veräppeln' - literally(!) 'to apple somebody', which equals 'to make fun of somebody'. Casts a new light on the Fall Event somehow *g*

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Artubar

Baronet
Thanks @babsy57 :D
... anyone else, or am I the only one (except for babsy ^^) who needs to get some fresh air after 'winning' half a dozen of useless BPs..?

DeletedUser4381

Thanks @babsy57 :D
... anyone else, or am I the only one (except for babsy ^^) who needs to get some fresh air after 'winning' half a dozen of useless BPs..?

The Obs BP is the most useless out there for me... (I got a fair few of them myself.)
Pretty much everyone has one now, so they aren't hard to find if you want them.

DeletedUser5882

As for the last four of them, BPs are more often a penalty than a reward

Couldn't agree more. I'm afraid I even developed a phobia sorts of thing about this BPs constantly blocking the screen. But the abundance of BPs is not the only problem. It is the age of the BPs that makes them seem worthless. Being in Arctic era and having built all the early, middle aged, modern buildings long time ago and then receiving for tower of Babel and similar buildings but nothing from the future or arctic future... that feels really like punishment! It is almost like the BPs were arranged for players up to modern.

I agree that it should be reduced but my alternative suggestion is to award it depending on the era the player is in.
For example the chances of getting;
Same era BP: %40
1 Era below: %30
2 eras below: %20
3 eras befor: %10

Or maybe award a ticket instead of BPs and a roulette with age options (including premiums like observatory). 10 tickets for 1 random BP from selected era!

This method could actually return the excitement for the BPs and be fun too.

Status
Not open for further replies.