• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Spring Event 2019 - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

qaccy

Emperor
Many would tell me that beta is a test and things can happen. What they don't know is if things are not fully made available to be tested wholly, then a final grade cannot be determined with just limited availability or full feedback be given (I like to take my time in testing/playing fully, not to be rushed). With that, I give this event a solid D+ and would hope they (Inno) would improve if they want me to spend on either world.

I might be wrong on this, but I believe the mobile version of the game has to go through some sort of approval process before updates are made available for it. This may be why mobile tends to lag behind PC, since it's not entirely under Inno's control. They could flip it the other way around and simply delay the PC update until mobile gets approved, but I think it's clear that their timetable operates based on the PC version so that's probably not going to be changing.

This kinda goes back to the previous discussion about PC vs. mobile - I think PC is still Inno's primary platform for the time being, with mobile being supplemental to it rather than an alternative. Some players do primarily use mobile (it sounds like you're one of them), but I believe the focus is really on PC when it comes to beta testing and mobile kinda takes a backseat because other than the UI looking different and lacking GvG, the game is otherwise the same. Just some time is needed to observe whether there are any mobile-exclusive bugs.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Or, they can do both at the same time with the money they've been getting from all those servers. Wishful thinking, though.

Anyways, not going to delve into that as I had already placed my piece and I think we had a good convo going about with those who chimed in. Now, time to get back to giving feedback which I had nothing to place since I am waiting for the next quest to pop up.

Although, I have to agree with the other player when it comes to spending forge points, one after the other, on every quest. There were at least 5 or 6 that require one to spend 13 forge points, and then there were like 5+ of those that require spending of 26 forge points each. This happens towards the closing parts of the quest line. Again, I do not have a problem with such as I collect nearly 100 FP daily or can buy FP with the 50-something million gold I still have going on (thanks gold based buildings for giving me so much, lol), but it gets expensive or hard (or even both) for those who do not have FP packs or the means to get FP quickly to keep up.

1BFA

Viceroy
Too many animals on the shore.

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-03-10 145719.jpg
    Annotation 2019-03-10 145719.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 25

DeletedUser8351

Hello, I think it's great to have added the spring selection kit. Thank you for this change :D
@Zarok Dai We are currently in 2 kits on special prices throughout the vent, I would like to know if on the main servers, it will stay at 2 or if some special prices (noted before the change) will change to put other kits .
Thank you :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I might be wrong on this, but I believe the mobile version of the game has to go through some sort of approval process before updates are made available for it. This may be why mobile tends to lag behind PC, since it's not entirely under Inno's control. They could flip it the other way around and simply delay the PC update until mobile gets approved, but I think it's clear that their timetable operates based on the PC version so that's probably not going to be changing.

This kinda goes back to the previous discussion about PC vs. mobile - I think PC is still Inno's primary platform for the time being, with mobile being supplemental to it rather than an alternative. Some players do primarily use mobile (it sounds like you're one of them), but I believe the focus is really on PC when it comes to beta testing and mobile kinda takes a backseat because other than the UI looking different and lacking GvG, the game is otherwise the same. Just some time is needed to observe whether there are any mobile-exclusive bugs.
Yep, you are right - it's totally up to devs WHEN it would be released on app. And with latest events they seem to be in such a hurry, that is no surprise app is sooooo delayed. Maybe Inno CEO keeps a hungry tiger in office, I don't know...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9692

Cherry set upgrades yay...

I actually liked the mix/match, non-themed chests, so you had a chance of getting something you might want, so you could do a balance of distance and % reward and still maybe get something. Please do more mixes, not less.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Cherry set upgrades yay...

I actually liked the mix/match, non-themed chests, so you had a chance of getting something you might want, so you could do a balance of distance and % reward and still maybe get something. Please do more mixes, not less.
I don't like the mixed items because with the low odds of getting something wanted versus piles of junk (useless) items, it's a total waste and should not have been put in the first place. There are those of us are focused on getting what we want and the last thing we want is junk that we waste currency on that will clutter our inventories.

Sorry, but no. Keep that mixed junk out.

I just want to mention again, that you wrote "With the Spring Event 2019 the Pagoda makes it's return to form a magnificent centerpiece for your city." so you already know, that the Pagoda RETURNS. That mean, a lot of people could already have a pagoda. But it seams that this means nothing because EVERYONE get one or two new Pagodas with the quest line and after crossing the pond a lot of times. For longtime players on life server it would be great to get a chance to choose (maybe via selection kit) if they want a new pagoda or a pagoda upgrade kit. So you did it with the graveyard and with the apple mill. Just want you to think about it :) Thank you!

Umbrathor

Baronet
As I stated in the original Spring thread: awesome changes. Many thanks for this Inno!

Please do consider replacing the lvl 1 Pagoda with a Pagoda selection kit as the quest line reward and in the pond jump rewards, for people who have one or more pagodas from previous events.

qaccy

Emperor
There's no such thing as a 'Pagoda selection kit' since there doesn't need to be one. The only thing you do with a Pagoda is upgrade it, and the event as a whole does not feature selection kits anywhere; only upgrade kits, which are an entirely different item.

Events are designed with the assumption that nobody initially has the 'main' building, since until the event starts (which makes the building available to players) that's guaranteed to be the case. Hence, the first reward from the questline is the base Pagoda building. This is how prior events have worked, because there's no reason for it to function any differently. Some players may already have a Pagoda (or several) from previous events, but that's not really relevant here and doesn't warrant creating an entirely new item for this edge case.

Thunderdome

Emperor
because there's no reason for it to function any differently
Inno tried with that mixed rewards junk and it took a serious nose dive. Prior events (from what I can see and tell considering I just got back into the game in Oct 2018) had them all organized together where a person can try to get the best prize of the set they wanted and would not be that much disappointed because they wind up getting the low prize of the same group instead. This mix junk is just that: junk. There are things I really wanted to spend my lanterns on in hoping to get and some I can do without as it stays in the inventory. I wish there was no reason to even put that in the first place and shook my head in asking "what the hell they were thinking when they did it?"

Now, I agree with you on the Pogada as I didn't have any when I either first started in 2013 or when I restarted in 2018. However, I feel that it should be a selection kit as I know it becomes monotonous to offer them after the grand prizes have been cycled and not enough upgrade kits to go around.

qaccy

Emperor
To be clear, I'm referring specifically to the rewards from event quests (the progress bar at the bottom) and not the prizes won via spending florins, lanterns, or whatever a given event's currency may be. This is the vehicle in which many players are delivered their first copy of a 'main' prize for a given event, and usually the only one they'll be earning. It makes little sense to offer a selection kit as the first prize here.

DeletedUser9410

I think a selection kit, being able to choose either the base model or an upgrade would be better. This would satisfy the possible needs of both older and newer players. Especially as there is another base model offered in the prizes as well.