• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Spring Event 2019 - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser9410

really
one thing to get anything from the set that you want

that is awesome

best change ever :D

Agreed, not everyone has all the pieces, so this is the best way to go. At Last.... a step in the right direction.

Snazzle

Merchant
yes great cherry sets as daily prize thank you , will be spending my diamonds on those
But still drummer boys n color guards men in the mixture , get rid of them will ya , Nobody above EMA era wants those in the prize boxes , they are rubbish !!
Its bad enough having them as daily prizes in the normal day to day tasks prizes , champion building or drummer boys and color guard buildings lol , what a terrible mixture of choice for any one above EMA
Sort it out please , the prize box of champion , rogue , drummer boy or color guard is a disaster/tragedy of a prize box .
Age specific please , create a new prize selection for any player over EMA era for that prize box .
Drop the drummer boy n color guard and add random units from age specific eras into it .
Please , new players might want the drummers n color guards but old vets do not !
Cmon be reasonable , Please , as proven listening to the advice of those here in beta forum pays off , give the customers/players want they want and the cash flow will keep on flowing , ignore the advice and your customers/players become unhappy and the cash flow will trickle in .
Think about it. .

Last edited:

DeletedUser9410

Mobile has certainly taken hold, but I'd surmise that in FoE's case many players today still use both versions of the game concurrently, rather than exclusively one or the other. Mobile has a large and growing market share simply because of the convenience factor, not really because it's a better platform for gaming in terms of the user experience or immersion factor.

I agree, i play on both but much prefer the browser version because i find it a lot easier. I only use the mobile version because its convenient to catch up on things while away from home, as i do not have access to a pc during the normal week day.

WhatKnot

Merchant
https://dmarket.com/blog/gaming-trends-2018/
mobile-segment_hu39b35bf4657b70af337d0d163c0d5779_60095_675x460_resize_q75_box.jpg

Soon enough, PC and browser games will go the way of the dinosaur.
I certainly hope the PC doesn't die out ...as that is all I have...no cell phone..or any of the latest gadgets...sorry..old foggie here...too old to figure out every new contraption that comes along...LEAVE MY PC alone... LOL

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
I certainly hope the PC doesn't die out ...as that is all I have...no cell phone..or any of the latest gadgets...sorry..old foggie here...too old to figure out every new contraption that comes along...LEAVE MY PC alone... LOL

No reason to fear that it will disappear anytime soon. It has too many applications that are far more important than gaming (which is what that discussion was about). So, no worries. :)

https://dmarket.com/blog/gaming-trends-2018/
mobile-segment_hu39b35bf4657b70af337d0d163c0d5779_60095_675x460_resize_q75_box.jpg

Soon enough, PC and browser games will go the way of the dinosaur.
I don't know if this additional graph exists (and I'm too lazy to find one) but I'd be curious to have this $ graph compared to hours spent playing pc vs console vs mobile games.
Mobile games are often played in short sprints, have a lot of down time, and get a lot of revenue from selling in game options (micro transactions) where as PC and console games , I believe, are played more often, for longer, and have less micro transactions in comparison. If that theory is correct, then I believe mobile games will never actually kill off pc/console as there will always be someone willing to step up and fill the void. In fact, I believe smart game companies would rather spread into both the mobile and home markets rather than kill off the home market.
That all said your point is certainly valid in regards to this game.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I don't know if this additional graph exists (and I'm too lazy to find one) but I'd be curious to have this $ graph compared to hours spent playing pc vs console vs mobile games.
Mobile games are often played in short sprints, have a lot of down time, and get a lot of revenue from selling in game options (micro transactions) where as PC and console games , I believe, are played more often, for longer, and have less micro transactions in comparison. If that theory is correct, then I believe mobile games will never actually kill off pc/console as there will always be someone willing to step up and fill the void. In fact, I believe smart game companies would rather spread into both the mobile and home markets rather than kill off the home market.

It's also different sorts of games. It's hard to get precise controls in mobile games so the genres of games where that's needed as opposed to fat-fingering some buttons tend to lend themself more to pc.

As for the microtransaction thing - not so much a difference really any more - mobile might've helped it along by normalising it but at this point pretty much all major pc titles have extra DLC or skins or stuff like that as not-so-micro-transactions (another transition - where a few bucks used to get you something in microtransaction games, these days most games are expecting you to drop significantly more for significantly less). The day of 'I buy a game and I have all its features to do with as I please' is pretty much gone (still some exceptions).

Thunderdome

Emperor
Is not broken, the event will, as usual, be activated next Monday :oops:
By then the event on the beta test server will be somewhat over and I'll skip it once it hits the live servers despite its changes towards any favor. The negatives sure outweigh the positives this time around. Ho-hum.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I would ask any Asian developer to find out what they are promoting the most. Sites like IGG.com and 980x.com have mostly mobile games promoted and very little PC (if any are still left) and/or browser games. For them, it's more like "what makes the most money, conveniently". The US, however, is quite balanced as they want to retain much of their PC/Console players while bringing in the mobile (and VR) based players into the zone.

Sites like IGG.com and 980x.com have mostly mobile games promoted and very little PC (if any are still left) and/or browser games.
But you ignored most of my comment, the point that mobile games makes more money was already pointed out by you and I didn't contest that. My comment was about the amount of time spent playing pc/console games vs mobile. Money isn't the only figure to measure demand. Mobile gaming by itself will never kill off pc/console gaming (except handhelds maybe), it's game developers purposely putting out crappy pc/console games hoping people will buy their mobile games instead, that will kill it off. Even then, there's always a hungry developer waiting to fill the void.

No one is pouring thousands of dollars into their phone hardware to fill their gaming addiction, it's PCs.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Ebs,

Freja's right. We should probably throw this interesting convo into a different thread. However, you hit the nail on the head on that last bit: "purposely putting out crappy pc/console games hoping people will buy their mobile games instead" as that's what is happening. I just want to give you props for that one.

DeletedUser8262

Just wondering how big the change was to the hit rate of the daily prize, my happiness at having the cherry kits added quickly evaporated after blowing 4k diamonds on zero hits. It could just be my bad luck but i'll certainly be exercising caution over on live

Thunderdome

Emperor
Just wondering how big the change was to the hit rate of the daily prize, my happiness at having the cherry kits added quickly evaporated after blowing 4k diamonds on zero hits. It could just be my bad luck but i'll certainly be exercising caution over on live
Well, they did say that they were going to @$%# with the % so I guess they've accomplished this by dashing our hopes.

DeletedUser8743

I don't think the daily prize percentage changed much. Happily I hit on my first try. Unfortunately, I only had ~600 lanterns left.

Thunderdome

Emperor
FINALLY!
The event was released onto the app with only 5 days left to either test it out or play... not enough time to make that determination on whether or not I would want to do it on the live server. This would be a huge disadvantage to those who are playing with the app and aren't afforded the luxury of being on a PC to really test and determine.

Another thing I had noticed is when you pass a certain milestone (the 2000 lanterns bit) you get a little bit more lanterns (quest or daily) that looks something like this:

Pre-2k Quest --- 60 Lanterns from Completed Quests, 50 Lanterns Daily
Post-2k Quest --- 100 Lanterns from Completed Quests, 100 Lanterns Daily (and I think I had seen a 50 in there as well, but I will have to wait until the next day to confirm)

Most quests ask for too much:

• Donate 300-560 Goods to the Guild Treasury
• Collect 300-500 Goods from Buildings or by Trading (Good thing I have them Wishing Wells, but imagine someone who doesn't and had to literally go days in producing if they don't have a solid amount beforehand; also, market isn't looking all too good, either)
• Buy Forge Points (I don't have a problem with this since I have buildings that drop like 1-3 million gold a day; yep, at 58.5M; but it could get expensive for the one that isn't that fortunate)
• Spend 15-50 Forge Points (I collect close to 100 daily, but I can feel for the one who doesn't have much that they had to wait days just to complete)

Now, allow me to voice some things from playing the browser bit.

When the animals came into play, I didn't much like it because of the mixed rewards (which were out for a little over 2 weeks before the change happened). I am a guy who is always fixed on certain groups of rewards, but also am I guy that gets turned off for getting so much bad rewards. I still don't know who the @*(#* genius is behind such, but it was really bad to the point I had stopped participating and just let the lanterns stack. With that being said, I didn't mind getting the lowest of the reward group I WANTED to click on because that's the real gamble there. Psychology involved, when the change happened, I went and participated (in the browser because the event wasn't released in the app until just moments back) and managed to get a level 7 Pogada (fire of course) along with the rewards I want.

However, I did not like when they (Inno) messed with the % for daily prizes to make them out of reach for many (it wasn't broken in the first place, so why fix it -- Murphy's Law; 1 step forward, 2 steps back in my opinion; "You had only one job, Carl!").

Many would tell me that beta is a test and things can happen. What they don't know is if things are not fully made available to be tested wholly, then a final grade cannot be determined with just limited availability or full feedback be given (I like to take my time in testing/playing fully, not to be rushed). With that, I give this event a solid D+ and would hope they (Inno) would improve if they want me to spend on either world.

DeletedUser9666

InnoGames - could you like... double the number of cherry trees outside the city while lowering rewards, if needed?
I just find "cherry tree hunting" to be the most enjoyable part of this even. Regardless of rewards. It is like an Easter egg hunt for children...
Also, I would not mind to plunder some of my neighbors cherry tree... I mean - "help" my neighbors with finding them. ;)