• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Soccer Cup

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I don't have time for questing so can't get goods like that.
That sums it up :) I do a lot of questing, hence I need a lot of FPs to build a stockpile of packages so I may "produce" goods that way. CHF on level 80 gives me 30 goods from one quest (not every quest, of course...), so on good day I get even 1000 goods, that's why I said that goods building for me are inefficient waste of space. But - there's some time investment needed, true.

But since high Arc let me much easier build other GBs giving FPs, terrace farms seems also not so efficient way of getting FPs and producing prometium in OF would need 125 goods per day... so I wondered maybe that would be a good solution, producing AF goods in terrace farms when in OF. Not to mention I still would need AF goods for 4 lvl of GE and I won't be producing them through quests anymore.

DeletedUser8150

Lack of time means I have to auto battle mostly, also I don't have insane attack bonuses but I am working on that

Ah Auto is a killler. You don't need insane att to finish GE fighting. 150/90 is more than sufficient.

@Fink AF goods seem scarce in OF so keeping making them is pretty vital (esp if you negot in GE).

This event like most others recently (tholos) is giving more and more refined goods so i wonder if inno intends all the only unrefined GBs to come down...seems the direction of travel.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

@Fink AF goods seem scarce in OF so keeping making them is pretty vital (esp if you negot in GE).
So I've noticed... I get 1:1 OF for AF from my colleagues and I got 10k of it already, not really wanting to :) That's why I started to re-think strategie for obtaining AF goods in OF. Weak point is, I would need a lot of reno kits for painting farms - but I think that would be better usage of them than re-painting Black Tower, Pillar, Kiosk, etc. But still... a lot. So after nerfing contestants estates I think I would go for reno kits rather than for anything else in this event and that would be first big event I would ignore any buildings... Sad.

Ah, edit. Maybe I should mention I have 20 farms (but only 3 in AF, mind you), so that would be perfect 500 AF goods on average per day. But... 17 reno kits seems impossible to obtain, so... a girl can dream, right?

DeletedUser8150

So I've noticed... I get 1:1 OF for AF from my colleagues and I got 10k of it already, not really wanting to :) That's why I started to re-think strategie for obtaining AF goods in OF. Weak point is, I would need a lot of reno kits for painting farms - but I think that would be better usage of them than re-painting Black Tower, Pillar, Kiosk, etc. But still... a lot. So after nerfing contestants estates I think I would go for reno kits rather than for anything else in this event and that would be first big event I would ignore any buildings... Sad.

Ah, edit. Maybe I should mention I have 20 farms (but only 3 in AF, mind you), so that would be perfect 500 AF goods on average per day. But... 17 reno kits seems impossible to obtain, so... a girl can dream, right?

I imagine you'll get renos without trying to get them (seems I do anyway) though I have plenty from GE already ~40) I still think tholos or estates may be the way to go (tholos at least will prob come up again like cherry set so you might not manage a full lvl tholos this event but int he future perhaps.)

DeletedUser

I imagine you'll get renos without trying to get them (seems I do anyway) though I have plenty from GE already ~40) I still think tholos or estates may be the way to go (tholos at least will prob come up again like cherry set so you might not manage a full lvl tholos this event but int he future perhaps.)

I have the same thing with Ikea boxes, but renos I use plenty, on HoFs.

I think again about Tholos when upgrades would be as daily special, maybe. But then they would not be so easy to obtain as goal rewards, I guess, everything has its price. And 15 goods does not excite me much... 500 does :D

DeletedUser7239

i was here putting notes together and i found this notes that i cannot pin point exactly where did i got them(or who write them) but we are wasting our time here and heres why:
i do not know if they follow this type of management but.. and i pass to quote.
"Online game event based systems"

1)Mixing monetizable and non-monetizable sucess conditions
2)Usage of daily triggers and buffer quests to STALL high performers
3)Monetizing indirectly throught event quests has a big potencial to activate NEW payers.
4)Luck based systems work extremely well but will result in negative feedback. (where did i see this? :D)
5)Incentivizing premium sales through event currency works way better then giving out additional premium.
6)Always design events that have no spending ceiling

"Product management"

1)Convert enough payers and you won´t hurt your long-term monetization.
2)Always present events aggressively, participation rates will increase.
3)Events work as premium outlet for end of content players.

Reading this we are wasting our time here :) nothing will ever change, and it seems they are testing our response to the "final product", never with the intention to change it (core mechanics).

jtrucker

Baronet
Sooo, I'm either too dumb and don't understand the league at all, or there is something wrong with the math:
As I understand it, all players on given world are sorted by the amount of scored goals and then the whole amount of players is divided by the %:
top 1% as gold, top 5% in silver (Is it the top 5% minus the very top 1% which is golden league???) , top 20% bronze, top 50% amateur, bottom 50% hobby.
Is that correct?
Well then - in my world Dunarsund the league window reads:
Gold 85 players (that should be the very top 1% of all players then there should be 8500 players on the world, correct ??
Silver 445 players (that is approx. 5x 85 not 4x 85,so those 1% 85 gold are included in the 5% silver? Are they being in two leagues then? Or is that "next" 5% aka 2nd-6th % of the rank?)
Bronze 2939 players
Amateur 1278 players ??? How could top 20% of any ranking list be 2939 and top 50% only 1278? That makes no mathematical sense to me.
And hobby league shows NO NUMBER - error in the code not displaying the amount? No matter how many goals everyone scores, there must be bottom 50% in any and every ranking list, mustn't it? ...

Or is my understanding of the league all wrong, then please, could you explain it to me? Thanks

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Sooo, I'm either too dumb and don't understand the league at all, or there is something wrong with the math:
As I understand it, all players on given world are sorted by the amount of scored goals and then the whole amount of players is divided by the %:
top 1% as gold, top 5% in silver (Is it the top 5% minus the very top 1% which is golden league???) , top 20% bronze, top 50% amateur, bottom 50% hobby.
Is that correct?
Well then - in my world Dunarsund the league window reads:
Gold 85 players (that should be the very top 1% of all players then there should be 8500 players on the world, correct ??
Silver 445 players (that is approx. 5x 85 not 4x 85,so those 1% 85 gold are included in the 5% silver? Are they being in two leagues then? Or is that "next" 5% aka 2nd-6th % of the rank?)
Bronze 2939 players
Amateur 1278 players ??? How could top 20% of any ranking list be 2939 and top 50% only 1278? That makes no mathematical sense to me.
And hobby league shows NO NUMBER - error in the code not displaying the amount? No matter how many goals everyone scores, there must be bottom 50% in any and every ranking list, mustn't it? ...

Or is my understanding of the league all wrong, then please, could you explain it to me? Thanks

Likely rounding artifacts such that 'at least' the top 20% have to ber squished into bronze, and top 50% into amateur but since only whole number of goals are allowed to differentiate it's possible for the nominally 30% in amateur to be smaller than the nominally 15% in bronze. You'd expect as a few more people in bronze get one more goal the bottom number of bronze to shift down to amateur soon.

DeletedUser4446

i was here putting notes together and i found this notes that i cannot pin point exactly where did i got them(or who write them) but we are wasting our time here and heres why:
i do not know if they follow this type of management but.. and i pass to quote.
"Online game event based systems"

1)Mixing monetizable and non-monetizable sucess conditions
2)Usage of daily triggers and buffer quests to STALL high performers
3)Monetizing indirectly throught event quests has a big potencial to activate NEW payers.
4)Luck based systems work extremely well but will result in negative feedback. (where did i see this? :D)
5)Incentivizing premium sales through event currency works way better then giving out additional premium.
6)Always design events that have no spending ceiling

"Product management"

1)Convert enough payers and you won´t hurt your long-term monetization.
2)Always present events aggressively, participation rates will increase.
3)Events work as premium outlet for end of content players.

Reading this we are wasting our time here :) nothing will ever change, and it seems they are testing our response to the "final product", never with the intention to change it (core mechanics).

Your source:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
OK so revised thoughts on the 'final' contestant's estate (and attack from event buildings in general)

HMA values : 80 population, 3% attack, and 1500 coins and 6 medals that one SHOULDN'T care about (though maybe someone does - i've known a handful of people who like shrines of awful) in 7 nominal squares

the population has a value of about 2.5 squares (compared to townhouse's 156 population in 5 squares).

so you're paying 4.5 squares for 3% attack. This will almost certainly get worse in high ages. It is however still superior to using barracks for your additional attack bonus. And while I'd rather have level 2 sakura rocks those were substantially less attainable in large numbers with sufficient supporting pieces.

In comparison to winner's plaza as the other simply spammable building, 2 winners plazas provide 8% attack in the same space as 3 contestant's villages provide 9%. Winner's plazas provide competitive happiness for the space but we've gotten a lot of happiness from event buildings recently so that may not be needed however.

Elephant fountain set as the buildings i did go all-in on on my OF city vs Winners' Plaza:
In a double set layout 11*4.5 = 49.5 squares needed
happiness : 1590+540*2+6930*2 = 16530 happiness
FP : 2 = 10 squares worth of SoK
Attack : 16%
Additional Coin and Supply Boost that aren't of zero value to me. No polish or motivation required.

4 Winners' Plaza
10.5 *4 = 42 squares needed
happiness : 3540*4 = 14160 unpolished happiness
Attack : 16%
More efficient for happiness if you assume you can get it polished but with all the priority aid eaters that may be difficult.

Overall summary for attack value :
Level 2 Sakura rocks are great, they come in a total package where they can be viewed completely as a bonus stat in a layout that provides competitive FP and happiness with a few bonus goods.
Elephant Fountains are a competitive option for high age players that provide nice other benefits, but suffer from scaling where they're nowhere near worthwhile in lower ages.
Winners' Plaza and Contestant's Estate are comparable with Winners' being the obvious choice if you need cultural buildings as it's competitive in that alone, while Contestant's provided population is of at least non-zero value if you don't need cultural buildings. Winners' suffers the same problem as the Elephant fountain in that its attack bonus is worse in low ages.

With this in mind, would i spend this entire event chasing the contestant's estate as my main prize?
OF world : Probably not, i'm at 320% attack boost or so already. adding 10 or so of these for 30% attack boost and getting rid of about 15 SoKs in the process doesn't seem like a trade i need to make at this time - but i don't know what else i'd want. might skip the event.
ME progressing world : A tougher call. I'm sitting at 113% attack boost from 2 level 2 sakura rocks + marble gateway + 3 level 10 combat buildings. 30% more boost could be significant. But 10 more SoKs would be good too. Some reno kits might not be a terrible idea
Diamond mines : are you crazy? wishing wells!
IA camp world : No space for this nonsense. probably skip the event.

DeletedUser7779

@xivarmy Idk if they changed it, but aren't winner plazas age dependent? I'm in indy here on beta and they give me only 3% attack boost. So does the contestants estate. So same attack bonus for 33% less space ?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
@xivarmy Idk if they changed it, but aren't winner plazas age dependent? I'm in indy here on beta and they give me only 3% attack boost. So does the contestants estate. So same attack bonus for 33% less space ?

Winners' Plaza and Contestant's Estate are comparable with Winners' being the obvious choice if you need cultural buildings as it's competitive in that alone, while Contestant's provided population is of at least non-zero value if you don't need cultural buildings. Winners' suffers the same problem as the Elephant fountain in that its attack bonus is worse in low ages.

So yes, in lower ages contestant's estate is just flat out better for attack - but in all ages winners plaza is competitive culture, while contestants estate is never competitive population.

Starting in contemporary era winners' has its full attack bonus. Though it might get 5% in virtual future - if the pattern continues it'd be 'due'.

DeletedUser7779

@xivarmy
Thanks for pointing this out...if winner plazas give 5% in VF, that makes them better than contestant's estates in that Era.
So sadly, for end game players none of the new buildings are worth gambling for.

Guess I'll go for winner plazas in my main world, although I'm not really sure I want them. Really disappointing event for me.

DeletedUser

If you managed to make it work with the Fountain of Youth, then you discovered a bug :). The Shrink Kit is designed to work with Wishing Wells only, so any other building getting shrunk with it is not intended.
We'd like to investigate. Which building did you get as a result of this action?

Honestly I don’t care so much for the fact that kit does not work for the FoY but I’d figured you would.
After all people own many of those in their sub-worlds the more reason to play the event in those sub-worlds more intensively and maybe even invest some to own them in a more efficient fashion.

DeletedUser8150

@xivarmy
Thanks for pointing this out...if winner plazas give 5% in VF, that makes them better than contestant's estates in that Era.
So sadly, for end game players none of the new buildings are worth gambling for.

Guess I'll go for winner plazas in my main world, although I'm not really sure I want them. Really disappointing event for me.

yeah but we'll have to collect them b4 we know if its 5%....natch:(

Unless VF hits beta before Soccer finishes on live (go on inno you know you want to!)

DeletedUser7239

yeah but we'll have to collect them b4 we know if its 5%....natch:(

Unless VF hits beta before Soccer finishes on live (go on inno you know you want to!)

They wont and i tell you why.
If new age enters AFTER the event, they will profit more in reno kits ;)
If the new age enters BEFORE the event end, no more cash cow can be milked.