• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Reference changelogs Feedback

Andi47

Overlord
I don't fully agree with the announcement, that reference changelogs are of no relevance to beta players.

Well, if a bugfix, which was mentioned in one of the daily changelogs of the past one or two weeks, it is indeed of minor relevance.

But there are also some things, which are indeed relevant to beta players:
  • Every now and then there is a change or bugfix in the reference changelog, which is NOT mentioned in the daily changelogs
  • From time to time there was a little sneak peek in the reference changelogs, something like "in the meantime we are working on..." - which often gave a little bit more info than the changelogs on the live servers
  • When there are no more reference changelogs on beta, will we still get some diamonds on beta with every new version?

qaccy

Emperor
Every now and then there is a change or bugfix in the reference changelog, which is NOT mentioned in the daily changelogs

Can you give an example?

From time to time there was a little sneak peek in the reference changelogs, something like "in the meantime we are working on..." - which often gave a little bit more info than the changelogs on the live servers

I only cross-referenced a couple of them, but I noticed no difference between the reference announcements here and the ones on live servers, besides changing the verbiage slightly to refer directly to the beta server instead of mentioning it indirectly. For example, 'here on beta' being used rather than 'over on the beta server'.

When there are no more reference changelogs on beta, will we still get some diamonds on beta with every new version?

The reference changelogs already don't make any mention of diamonds for beta players. I think you may be getting confused between the reference changelogs and actual new content updates. Why do people here get so hung up about the free diamonds, anyway?

Pafton

Viceroy
The reference changelogs already don't make any mention of diamonds for beta players. I think you may be getting confused between the reference changelogs and actual new content updates...
Let me quote a couple of examples.
Changelog 1.75 said:
All active accounts have been credited with 500 diamonds for your continued support and help in testing the game.
Changelog 1.78 said:
All active accounts have been credited with 500 diamonds for your continued support and help in testing the game.
From the above it is evident that @Andi47 is not wrong in pointing out that reference changelogs used to provide diamonds. Note the tense form here. For a limited amount of time, mainly during the Changelogs of 1.70s, they did provide diamonds, however, gradually they were phased out and by the time our dear @Zarok Dai took over they were completely out-of-sight-out-of-mind. However, this trend wasn't present in CM Sovereign's time.

So, as far as diamonds are concerned, since we haven't received our due for a lot of time, it doesn't really make a difference whether the reference changelogs exist or not.

DeletedUser

So, as far as diamonds are concerned, since we haven't received our due for a lot of time

I paid out diamonds on Summer event and OF3. I didn't pay out on the Quest Overview as it didn't require diamonds to test, and it was also already in limited release on Beta and EN. I didn't pay on Galileo as it was released the same day as OF3. In General players usually receive diamonds about twice a month based on content release, which is about the same frequency everyone received when we paid out by changelogs.

From time to time there was a little sneak peek in the reference changelogs, something like "in the meantime we are working on..."

In the current changelog for 1.106 for the live servers (that I did not post), this time it states:

In the meantime, our development team is working on the Fall Event, you might remember from last year. Check our Beta server to be always up to date!

As I said, if you feel that posting the changelog reference is still of value to Beta, I have no problem with continuing to do it. I can post a poll if you would like, just let me know :)

NormaJeane

Viceroy
The Reference Changelogs are only a summary of the Ongoing Changelogs.
Items that sometimes are not mentioned in the Ongoing Changelogs will always have a separate Announcement, also including a feedback thread.

So: imo these are a waste of the valuable time of our CM since there is no real need for the Reference Changelogs:
but please feel free to counter my opinion :cool:

RedRed

Viceroy
Can you give an example?
The Reference Changelogs are only a summary of the Ongoing Changelogs.
Items that sometimes are not mentioned in the Ongoing Changelogs will always have a separate Announcement, also including a feedback thread.
There wasn't announcements nor specific feedback thread for things mentioned in the reference changelog 1.104, and it contains mostly things not mentioned in the daily changelogs (and I'm almost sure it wasn't the only case, excluding rebalancings).

Also, there is an official announcement (1.106) on the EN server about a new market functionality, no traces here?
We added new functionality in the market, where you can directly select goods from the good-overview. This should increase usability and make it easier for you to trade with your friends, guild mates and neighbours.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7942

It seems some things get mentioned in one area and some things get mentioned in another and sometimes not at all in either. Pretty sure there's been other things that went live that weren't mentioned in either, iirc that was the case with Promethium being added to GE3 negotiations back in mid Feb. Would be nice just to have everything in one spot that will be what's going to be the full changelog for live before it goes live.

Andi47

Overlord
Can you give an example?

YES, current changelog on the .en servers:

changelog 1.106 said:
  • We added new functionality in the market, where you can directly select goods from the good-overview. This should increase usability and make it easier for you to trade with your friends, guild mates and neighbours.
FOE-42335.png
I have never seen this in the daily changelogs. - and I am quite sure - without a notice, it went untested on beta before release to live. (it is a quite hidden feature - how should we have the idea to click the good in the list, when it never did anything?)

Conclusion: the reference changelogs ARE relevant - so @innogames please either bring back the reference changelogs, or make sure to post ALL frontend changes to the daily changelogs.
BTW: If you don't want to spend time for the changelog - please at least give a short note with a link to the changelog on the .en server (and don't forget about the diamonds here on beta)

WillyWuff17

Squire
For me it's ok to drop one, but it would be helpful to see which change is in which Game-Version. So an additional Note "Version xxx released, Everything until here included" or similar ;-) At the moment there is no cross reference between these Daily changes and the Game Versions. Or did I miss something?