• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Reconstruction Mode

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8406

Suggestion: Placelholder.
E.g: I want to rebuild city to have place for Alcatraz. So I make placeholder 7x10 and place it to my city, after saving there will be empty space.

mbk28

Baronet
very good idea, can you specify on what age it's viable, don't find mathematics

Last edited:

DeletedUser7703

One of the last techs in Iron Age, anyone in EMA+ will have researched it.

DeletedUser8899

Hi !

I tried it on browers, i had a crash on the end, juste before saving... so boring but it worked on my second attempt !

It’s now on mobile, i’ll try it later but it could be better on the bottom untill on right.

Waiting it on french server’s !! :)

DeletedUser

Just wanted to let everyone know that Reconstruction Mode is now available on our app.

DeletedUser8859

True, they must be connected at 2x intervals, not possible at every spot.

DeletedUser8936

I think it's a great start. I'm on mobile version, so it's even more of a pain to move your city around than on browser. This is definitely helpful, I do like the idea mentioned above about having a draft. Also whoever mentioned categorizing by building size, that's also a good idea. Whenever I redesign that's how it's organized, so seeing that reflected in reconstruction mode would be great.

DeletedUser8859

Why is it not possible to store the townhall?

In normal mode you can not delete the Town Hall, every city needs the Town Hall. Probably the intention was to store everything else at the Reconstruction tab, leaving just the Town Hall at the city grid, and then you can start the reconstruction by deciding where to set the Town Hall.

mrbeer

Farmer
Some have said to turn off HTML5 to solve the crash issue, but I had mine on flash , and after getting through halfway reconstruction , the game blacked out . Just to inform , back to the drawing board . If at first you don't succeed , get a bigger hammer. I really like this feature , and , hope they work out the bugs .

DeletedUser8425

A word of warning: don't get too ambitious with your rebuild. I tried to rearrange my entire city, and about 45 minutes into it, the screen blanked and I lost all of my work. I'll try again at some point, but only with small sections at a time.

DeletedUser7059

Hello, could be please possible to add "only contour of buildings" mod for reconstruction?
There are problems to found empty places if you combined tall and small buildings close to.
for example like there:
0ucr.png
And where is hell that empty place on that? well, there:
yslH.png
And with higher and higher era this problem grow. This could hel players with this problem to solve it.
Thanks!

RedRed

Viceroy
Hello, could be please possible to add "only contour of buildings" mod for reconstruction?
There are problems to found empty places if you combined tall and small buildings close to.
for example like there:
0ucr.png
And where is hell that empty place on that? well, there:
yslH.png
And with higher and higher era this problem grow. This could hel players with this problem to solve it.
Thanks!

+1

Definetly better and easier to implement than the 2D top view (no additional assets,same classic view of the ground)

DeletedUser7833

If i try and do a large reconstruction it always blanks out before i get a chance to finish and save the changes
I believe this occurs when one of the buildings i have stored, finishes its process and wants to add the icon above it to say it can be collected

sirblu

Baronet
Please leave any feedback for Reconstruction Mode here.
You can find all the details here.
Love this new Reconstruction Mode! But agree with what has already been said that you need to add a way to add new bldgs and delete or store the ones you don't want. This is really a great new feature. Love it!!

Now if you can give us a way to trade Blue Prints with Guildmates - the Game would be almost perfect!!

DeletedUser7779

I haven't had much time to test this, but the few things I tried worked perfectly. (tested only on app).
Thumbs up Inno for this Feature, it was very much needed! Great Job really, and you dont hear me saying that often :p

A few tips which were already mentioned, but I really find necessary:

Or allow us a 'lock' set button so we can move sets as a whole rather than as peices. I imagine some cities where there are many many sets this will be very annoying atm!
Yes, please add a "lock" set button! I just redid my City on live a few days ago, and it was such a pain to move my winter set which is 16 pieces! i screwed it all up when moving...those pieces are so tiny! :D

A 2D view would be really helpful, I really welcome that proposal

Actually, can't you make it the same as the City planner? With Access to building menu and inventory and ideally being able to delete items with the Del key? That would be absolutely perfect.