• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Reconstruction Mode

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

jtrucker

Baronet
Somebody on UK live server said it should go live for everyone on Sept 4th. Anyone heard anything? Cuz I didn't at all.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
giphy-downsized.gif

Announced on the French server

DeletedUser8022

The announced it is official now....Tuesday, 4th September, the new update about Reconstruction mode will be live on live servers!

DeletedUser8859

Small test on Live this morning,
  • Movement of a GB in and out of Reconstruction mode working well. All contributors and their FPs are present after the reconstruction saved.
  • Buildings and roads moved too, no issues.
Will continue tonight starting with smaller cities, up to my top city (EN4) that has almost all expansions available up to last week, and all space slots packed with:
  • All (100%) GB collection: from BA Tower Babel up to VF Terracota Army.
  • AF residential, military and goods buildings
  • Extended Marajah Palace set and Cherry Garden set, Royal Garden Ruins Set
  • Several special buildings not limited to multiple WW, Fountain of Youth, Shrines, Champs Retreats, Rogue Hideouts,
  • 4x5 Black Tower, 7x3 Pirate Boat and Legendary Graveyard, Mad Scientist Lab, Bontiiful Cider Mill, etc.
  • Ritual Flams, Watch Fires, and Victory Towers.
  • And 1x and 2x roads of course

DeletedUser

Small test on Live this morning,
  • Movement of a GB in and out of Reconstruction mode working well. All contributors and their FPs are present after the reconstruction saved.
  • Buildings and roads moved too, no issues.
What else did you expect?
The Reconstruction Mode is a simulation, nothing else.
No actual building in your city is touched while you are in ReconMode.
The changes are saved when exiting. Simple as that.
And guess what. The timers from sets still work. And, wooooohooooooo, even on VF-cities...

DeletedUser6863

How do you make sure the timers on sets work after using reconstruction mode? I have used it here on Beta and found that all timers reset. I have not tried on live yet though. As soon as I start to add set buildings the timer resets.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
How do you make sure the timers on sets work after using reconstruction mode? I have used it here on Beta and found that all timers reset. I have not tried on live yet though. As soon as I start to add set buildings the timer resets.
The timers won't change, if the Set Building adjacency connection does not change. So if I have a Sakura Rock and a Gong of Wisdom together (no other Spring Set building next to them) and move them somewhere else together (again, no other Spring Set building next to them), then the timer won't change.

As soon as you change the adjacency connection, then the timers will reset because the productions of the buildings will change (as they'll now have more or less level of bonuses than before).

A lot of people have an error when they want to save their changes.
Always prob with people that don't know mathematics tech is necesary to have reconstruction mode (why not have the reconstruction button visible but disabled with a popup saying math tech is necessary ?)

DeletedUser

The timers won't change, if the Set Building adjacency connection does not change. So if I have a Sakura Rock and a Gong of Wisdom together (no other Spring Set building next to them) and move them somewhere else together (again, no other Spring Set building next to them), then the timer won't change.

As soon as you change the adjacency connection, then the timers will reset because the productions of the buildings will change (as they'll now have more or less level of bonuses than before).
what if I have two
move gong1 to sakura2 and gong2 to sakura1

does both reset or will the timer continue
because all still have same productions

DeletedUser6863

@BetaTest03 That was my problem I think. I have 4 Palace sets and 2 Gong sets. When you use reconstruction mode it does not differentiate between each set. You don't know which piece goes with which set so the timer is going to reset each time. At least that is what has happened to me.

DeletedUser4381

You must have sets with extra buildings that aren't connected to their maximum boost requirements. I have several CB sets, and have tested a lot on Beta (and confirmed it on Live) - If the set is complete (i.e. 1 of each building arranged in a 5x5 square), then moving them en-masse is not an issue. I can store all of the buildings from multiple sets, and just put them back where I need them individually as long as they go back into a complete 5x5 set.

However, I also have a set that has an extra Sakura Rock in place of the Nishikigoi Pond. When moving a set like that, it is *required* to keep that set as is because it has a unique count for what buildings are adjacent. If you put one of the buildings from that set into a different set then the count for the adjacent buildings changes and both of the swapped buildings get their count reset. (The rest of the set is usually ok.)

The same goes for other types of set... The building placement itself doesn't need to be exactly the same, but the count of what is beside what needs to match.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
what if I have two
move gong1 to sakura2 and gong2 to sakura1

does both reset or will the timer continue
because all still have same productions
They will continue, because the adjacency connection did not change.

You can easily check this:
- Have gong1 and sakura1, somewhere else gong2 and sakura2
- Store sakura1
- Move sakura2 next to gong1
- Place (from storage) sakura1 next to gong2

The timers will continue, though you've effectively swapped the buildings. The important thing is that the connection # does not change in any way.

DeletedUser4381

@thephantom
Not sure if it's a bug, or by design, but when I place a building I only have one of (or the last one if I have multiples) I'm always sent back to page 1 of the inventory for that tab. If the list could stay on the same page that would be awesome.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
@thephantom
Not sure if it's a bug, or by design, but when I place a building I only have one of (or the last one if I have multiples) I'm always sent back to page 1 of the inventory for that tab. If the list could stay on the same page that would be awesome.
When the number of different entries in the tab changes (you add a new building type for that category, or remove one), the list "refreshes" so it focuses on the first entry again (page 1). So technically not a bug. May be something that can be changed, though. :)

DeletedUser4381

When the number of different entries in the tab changes (you add a new building type for that category, or remove one), the list "refreshes" so it focuses on the first entry again (page 1). So technically not a bug. May be something that can be changed, though. :)

T'would be much appreciated... :)

DeletedUser6863

@Lady Bulgar Yes there are extra buildings but all buildings are connected to get their maximum boost requirements. So what I really need to do is make a note or drawing of where each piece of the set is and providing I replace the set in exactly the same way then the timer will stay the same. If 1 piece is put in a different position it will I assume reset the timers of the set it is connected to. So if you want to change the layout of the set the best time to do it is when you have just collected from it so it is possible to change layout but you only lose the time it takes you to reconstruct the set.

DeletedUser4381

@Lady Bulgar Yes there are extra buildings but all buildings are connected to get their maximum boost requirements. So what I really need to do is make a note or drawing of where each piece of the set is and providing I replace the set in exactly the same way then the timer will stay the same. If 1 piece is put in a different position it will I assume reset the timers of the set it is connected to. So if you want to change the layout of the set the best time to do it is when you have just collected from it so it is possible to change layout but you only lose the time it takes you to reconstruct the set.

Having added a little expansion to my Palace sets today, I've taken the opportunity to test a few things and I've only had a clock reset when the boost changes. Some of my decorations are ignored for max boost so that I can add an extra tower instead, and I just had to make sure I handled the buildings connected to them very carefully.

I even tested swapping a Tower with 2 adjacent buildings for one of the same type with 3... No clock reset.

DeletedUser5095

Could a button be added to show if any building are not connected to a road in construction mode?