• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Reconstruction Mode Improvements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

1BFA

Viceroy
nice!!

I like that any buildings that you add/delete are automatically reflected in recon draft mode.

I'd add that in the go live announcement.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Now all we need is a delete option and a put back to storage.

Delete for roads or other things u might not need, and put back to storage for something u wanna keep but dont fit in after a rebuild.

Gindi4711

Steward
The draft mode solves all the delete problems. You can put the stuff you want to delete in your inventory, exit draft mode and then return to finish it.

Also the store all is really nice.

What still needs improvement is the sorting/grouping of the buildings in inventory. They should be grouped like in the build menu.

Also we need reconstruction mode for viking settlements as well.

Another big issue when building a new layout every new age is that you cant replace residental buildings with higher ones without spare population because building the new houses takes time. Maybe there is a solution for that as well like "you can delete your house, but your goods/army buildings will not produce anything until this is fixed the same way you can disconnect buildings from a road temporarily.

DeletedUser

Probabably the cleanest city. :D
tqufExf.jpg

Andi47

Overlord
Seems we need a "save draft" functionality. I just had the following situation:

1.) entered reconstruction mode on my laptop
2.) placed everything into temporary storage via the respective button
3.) started to reconstruct my city (placed some roads, GBs, buildings, ...)
4.) got push message on my mobile phone that my tavern is full.
5.) approximately at the same time as 4.) a timer, which I had set on the "timer" app of my phone was ringing and reminding me to collect/restart Viking production
6.) clicked back to city
7.) clicked the Viking boat

.... neverending loading....

8.) after a minute I decided to reload the game
9.) entered Viking village
10.) collected and restarted Viking production
11.) back to city
12.) emptied my tavern
13.) entered reconstruction mode

--> everything what I did until step 5 was gone; instead I was seeing my whole city as it was before starting reconstruction mode in step 1.

qaccy

Emperor
@Andi47 Sounds like a bug? The announcement specifically mentions that any changes you make between starting and finishing with editing should be automatically saved.

Maybe what happened is the saving isn't quite instantaneous, and it got stuck during your attempt to enter the Vikings settlement; hence the 'neverending loading'. And when you reloaded the game, it interrupted the saving process and deleted it? Kind of like those messages that appear when saving or updating something about 'not turning off the power' or 'not removing the device while updating'. I'm just guessing here, but maybe something like that happened.

Andi47

Overlord
You can put the stuff you want to delete in your inventory, exit draft mode and then return to finish it.

this doesn't work for me (game is freezing, reloading reverts all changes, just filed a bug)

Also the store all is really nice.

also nice to get statistics about our buildings (to answer questions like "how many Shrines do I have?")

What still needs improvement is the sorting/grouping of the buildings in inventory. They should be grouped like in the build menu.
+1!!!
And please don't jump back to page one when taking a building from the storage! Example: I have got Shrines from Future, AF, OF and VF. Wanting to place my shrines, so I take e.g. my last "Future"-shrine, want to take the next shrine (this time from AF) - and need to search for them again because it jumped back to page 1

Also we need reconstruction mode for viking settlements as well.
+1!!
[/QUOTE]

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Seems we need a "save draft" functionality. I just had the following situation:
All the changes you make in your city (placing, selling buildings) are automatically applied to the draft, and all the changes you make in reconstruction mode (placing, storing, moving buildings) are saved to the draft when using 'back to city' if you're connected to the game server. The changes are stored on the game server, so without a connection when applying those, there is nothing to be saved.

So if I take the following steps:
1. Enter reconstruction mode
2. Turn off internet connection
3. Store All buildings
4. Place and move around some buildings
5. Go back to city
6. Try to enter Viking Settlement
7. Reconnect the internet and reload the game

I will end up with no changes to the draft. When I repeat the same steps without turning off/losing connection (step 2), then all my changes are saved and present on reload. So the 'back to city' button already acts as the 'save draft' button.

Last edited:

Andi47

Overlord
All the changes you make in your city (placing, selling buildings) are automatically applied to the draft, and all the changes you make in reconstruction mode (placing, storing, moving buildings) are saved to the draft when using 'back to city' if you're connected to the game server. The changes are stored on the game server, so without a connection when applying those, there is nothing to be saved.

So if I take the following steps:
1. Enter reconstruction mode
2. Turn off internet connection
3. Store All buildings
4. Place and move around some buildings
5. Go back to city
6. Try to enter Viking Settlement
7. Reconnect the internet and reload the game

I will end up with no changes to the draft. When I repeat the same steps without turning off/losing connection (step 2), then all my changes are saved and present on reload. So the 'back to city' button already acts as the 'save draft' button.

Well, I did not do your step two (turning off internet connection) on purpose, but it seems to happen from time to time when the connection is not 100% stable. And I can never know if it happens after 1 minute or after half an hour in reconstruction mode. And after

* experiencing "neverending loading" after a few seconds in reconstruction mode
* losing every reconstruction attempt due to "neverending loading" all the time
* losing everything when attempting to reconstruct without the "back to city" at all

I GIVE UP

If the connection is not 1000% stable ALL THE TIME while reconstructing (takes maybe one and a half hours), then EVERYTHING is lost.

is there anything the developers can to that we players have a chance to restore a lost internet connection without losing everything?

Edit:
BTW: When I stay connected and just sit there and take care for my Viking village from time to time I don't lose connection that often (maybe one time per day or so, but not every time when I do a few clicks in reconstruction mode. Is there an "auto-disconnection" when I enter reconstruction mode?)

Last edited:

Andi47

Overlord
I did a last try, and this happened:

1.) entered reconstruction mode
2.) placed everything to storage
3.) placed a few roads (just a few clicks)
4.) back to city
5.) click to Viking village

.... neverending loading ...

so again lost connection?

NOPE - while it is (still) loading I see "Player xy sat down in your Tavern" popping up. So I did NOT lose connection - something else is preventing me to load whatever I click!

Edit: and while I was definitely STILL connected when I returned to city (the "player sat down in my tavern" popped up while I was already back to my city), it again did NOT save my changes. Or do I need a super-fast umpteen gigabit connection to save my changes?

qaccy

Emperor
@Andi47 It does sound like something odd is happening with your browser/settings to cause the game to lock up like that. I'm curious to hear what others' experiences are with the new reconstruction mode to see if maybe something broke or if it's a more isolated issue.

Okamiris

Baronet
Since the reconstruction mode is there (3 days) I had started the replacement to lay the temple of relics and since my backup remained the same. The problem certainly comes from your connection (lost sync or micro cut) or your browser @Andi47

Check your connection with a "tracert" on CMD console (replace fr3 with your world, Don't work with beta server)
2qkuixw.png

If you have some "MS " Not good your problem is there, from your box to connection, from the connection to the different nodes that lead to the server FOE. (in my exemple, old issue, line 12 problem with a 80ms. It was not a problem at home but a concern on a node at the access provider)

Andi47

Overlord
So if there are some micro-outages (such as in lines 4 and 5) my only chance to reconstruct my city would be the old-fashiond way? Deleting one of my (e.g. military) buildings and a few roads and playing sliding puzzle until I am happy with the result?

Tracert_FoE_Beta.jpg

qaccy

Emperor
@Andi47 Have you been able to use reconstruction mode before? Or have you always had to 'sliding puzzle' when rearranging your city?