• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Recent Survey Design

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Having just received a survey on recent events on my main world, i thought i'd throw some comments on it here... The questions were often misleading. For example

"Do you like set buildings (like the winter village?)"

Actual answer : I like set buildings, but didn't like the winter village as a specific example - It wasn't sufficiently powerful for how attainable pieces were and consequently i pretty much skipped the event on my main world. I answered 'neither agree/disagree'.

"Do you like upgradable buildings (the 7 level pillar and grand bridge given as examples)"

Well I like the examples... but conceptually they don't thrill me and I'd get rather sick of them if they became the norm or watered down. It's also certainly not "because they were upgradable" that i liked them. They did at least somewhat address the all-or-nothing aspect by creating breakpoints where you might build them despite not completing them (Level 5 Pillar... Level anything bridge IF you needed the happiness)

"What prizes do you most like to see in events?"

The categories were rather terrible. i.e. "Shrines and Luck-based buildings" - There is 1 shrine I like to see. and 2 shrines and a wishing well that i can think of in the category that I don't care if I see - so should i have selected the category, or not? I went with not. I mostly took the opportunity to stress that space-efficiency was the relevant criteria in the "other" box supplied on this question as any building category COULD be of interest "if it's good".

A few agree/disagree statements wrt randomness nature of events :

They danced around the issue of all-or-nothing. I don't mind there being an element of randomness - it's nice to have some aspect of the event to analyze and choose a path. I do mind low odds of reaching a point I consider worthwhile coupled with the consolation prizes being lumps of coal and smelly socks.

Overall the survey seemed to be looking for perspectives on grand-design questions while ignoring the nuances that have made some recent events feel less worthwhile and more skippable than others in the past.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
And a followup comment to how i feel it probably could've been written better:

"______ is an exciting event prize" A/D, "The effort to obtain ______ seemed acceptable" A/D : where ______ is each of the grand prizes from the events for the past year.

This would better allow you to distill out the answers of what people liked/didn't like without confusing them with what feels like two combined questions that leave them feeling they both agree and disagree. It would also distill out whether they felt the prize was worth having from being able to actually win it.

Example of my answers in such a scheme:
Cherry Blossom : exciting: strongly agree, acceptable effort: agree
Palace : exciting: agree, acceptable effort: strongly agree (it was actually too easy probably)
Fountain : exciting: agree, acceptable effort: strongly agree (it was actually too easy probably)
Cider Mill Upgrades : exciting: disagree, acceptable effort: neither agree/disagree
Winter Village : exciting: neither agree/disagree, acceptable effort: strongly disagree
Pillar of Heroes : exciting: strongly agree, acceptable effort: strongly agree (in a just-right sort of way)
Grand Bridge : exciting: agree, acceptable effort: disagree
Cherry Blossom Upgrades : exciting: agree, acceptable effort: agree