• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Quest Overview - A Summary

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8341

The recent chsnge (on the app) certainly makes access and operation of quests quicker.

It is a pity that the story is limited to a small box requiring a press on an arrow to be able to read the full text of almost every quest. Surely the box could be auto-sized to take up as much space, and as little space, as it needs?

Keritan

Squire
I like it. Add the Treasure Hunter to it too, Please. SO much easier to see all the quests with less clicking. Don't have to open then close each quest giver just to see what they say. Now they are all there at once and just one click to move between them. Enough info given on each quest giver's blurb to get the idea of the back story, and if you want you can click/hover over it to get more. Much nicer. THANK YOU!

I also love the fact you made them available on the Research tree, Continental Map, and GE map. So many times something will happen or try something on those screens and don't know if it satisfied a quest or not.

Side note, I do understand why some might find the dark brown(?) wording over the white(ish) background a bit hard to see clearly.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7107

I see they did something about new quests flipping to the bottom of the overview, by having the interface auto scroll to the bottom. this made it a very useable tool and I thank you

shooter

Merchant
Why was the collect button moved from the bottom of the box to the right side? Now you have to actually scroll up to reach it when 2 quests complete at one time. When it was on the bottom you could reach a piece of it to click when the box was on top. While I like this it does not function smoothly. You had it working well then moved the collect button. Now we are scrolling again but instead of down, up?

DeletedUser5160

Why was the collect button moved from the bottom of the box to the right side? Now you have to actually scroll up to reach it when 2 quests complete at one time. When it was on the bottom you could reach a piece of it to click when the box was on top. While I like this it does not function smoothly. You had it working well then moved the collect button. Now we are scrolling again but instead of down, up?

I commented this as well but have yet to hear a response.

DeletedUser7107

yeah, it was perfect. why do the devs want us clicking all over the place.. put the collect button back where it was plz

DeletedUser7109

I don't see an indicator of the quest reward boost from my newly built Chateau. Will this be corrected?

DeletedUser8404

I can't speak for why the devs did it, but I appreciated it, personally. Before, it was easy for the Collect button to be below the edge of the window. Now, with it being on the side, it's a lot harder to miss. Maybe this is a phone vs browser issue?

DeletedUser8404

@Zarok Dai: When will this be hitting the live servers, roughly? (Obviously, if you had a specific date, it'd be an announcement already, but is there any general time the dev team is thinking of, like before 1.10, after the Fall Event...anything along those lines?)

Even with all the suggestions people have made to improve it further, I think this is a significant upgrade from what we've got currently on live. For some reason, I thought it was coming with 1.09 and was really looking forward to it, but only just realized today that the two aren't linked.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8404

Nvm, the main page on the US servers pretty much answers that question, now! Did you do that just for me? :p

DeletedUser7951

Today I had a new recurring quest on my app (android). Being force to click ok in order to proceed to the requirements is unneeded. Please make with the text being possible to expand, and the actual task showing. I'm pretty sure those that reads the text beyond iron age are a lot fewer in numbers than those participating in the treasure hunt.

DeletedUser7107

This whole process was interesting. It was nice to see it get to a satisfactory conclusion, and I was so very disappointed when the devs decided to move the collect button off to the side.. How arbitrary and unprofessional that was. It is obvious that they not only have no reality on gaming in general, they seem to have the misguided idea that they know better what is needed and wanted than we do. such a shame to waste all this time and effort

DeletedUser8404

This whole process was interesting. It was nice to see it get to a satisfactory conclusion, and I was so very disappointed when the devs decided to move the collect button off to the side.. How arbitrary and unprofessional that was. It is obvious that they not only have no reality on gaming in general, they seem to have the misguided idea that they know better what is needed and wanted than we do. such a shame to waste all this time and effort
If you look back through the thread, there was a mixed reaction to moving the Collect button. I suspect it was due to the fact that the Collect button could be "hidden" if you didn't scroll down, so some players were probably missing their collections. Whether that was the reason, or it was something else altogether, I'm quite certain that they had one. Developers don't normally just decide to create more work for themselves for no good reason. So, it's hardly fair to say that it was "arbitrary and unprofessional".

DeletedUser7107

If you look back through the thread, there was a mixed reaction to moving the Collect button. I suspect it was due to the fact that the Collect button could be "hidden" if you didn't scroll down, so some players were probably missing their collections. Whether that was the reason, or it was something else altogether, I'm quite certain that they had one. Developers don't normally just decide to create more work for themselves for no good reason. So, it's hardly fair to say that it was "arbitrary and unprofessional".
Actually it is fair to say so, and yes devs do make arbitrary decisions. The old collect button was in the same position as the abort button, which was clearly visible after they got done tweaking the whole thing. Sometimes devs do things just because they can, or because they have this really "bright" idea it would be a good thing to do. Like I said, they are out of touch with the game itself

DeletedUser7951

I need to steam yet again with the fact I'm being forced to read the rubbish "story" before I can see what the quest is all about. Today I had it on a normal story quest too. Am I supposed to ignore them altogether and just pretend there is no quest?