• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Province Buildings (Battlegrounds)

kaymedic

Marquis
Very good changes. Although its maybe too easy now. Would have made current AND previous era goods necessary as it is with guild expedition.

DeletedUser10047

Very good changes. Although its maybe too easy now. Would have made current AND previous era goods necessary as it is with guild expedition.
Guild expedition doesn't have buildings. If you are referring to negotiations, then nothing has changed in the regard for Battlegrounds.

Natalia1

Squire
The display error where the last digit of building cost does not show has not been fixed. Please see below where the palace cost in gold shows as 1 k instead of 11k .Palace cost.png

DeletedUser10320

many players say that, we have a lot of unusefull goods, but when innogames propose somethings to use this goods, the same players cry because it's too hard to have goods in each era. forge of empire was a strategy game but now, the game become more easy after each update.

I think that the province building at the begining was a good idea because, each guild need to find a real strategy for find the goods. now, with the next update, the arc in last era are enought for build without count goods.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
many players say that, we have a lot of unusefull goods, but when innogames propose somethings to use this goods, the same players cry because it's too hard to have goods in each era. forge of empire was a strategy game but now, the game become more easy after each update.

I think that the province building at the begining was a good idea because, each guild need to find a real strategy for find the goods. now, with the next update, the arc in last era are enought for build without count goods.
It will not be easier because all guilds can build more defenses.
It will be more difficult to conquer provinces.

If it is too expensive to build defenses and guilds do not build them, they are useless.

And yes, the Arctic goods and the following will finally be used.

Dan 77

Squire
My suggestion:
The higher league, the higher prizes to build province buildings.
Respectively actual prizes preserve for diamond league and for the rest of leagues lower the prizes to build province buildings. So the diamond league will be the most demanding (number of fights/negotiations to acquire a province and goods needed for province buildings) as well as the most rewarding.

And the prizes are unballanced, for example unnecessarily expensive and unprofitable Palace vs. cheap Decoys. But let's call it a strategy of choosing which to build or which not...

Last edited:

sirblu

Baronet
No need to change the game. Tell your leaders not to use the GBG buildings. If they can't follow instructions they shouldn't be leaders.
True, but it only takes one error/ mistake in a new feature to wipe out an entire treasury especially in the smaller Guilds. And I did say "Initially", Just until folks get used to it. I don't think the feature should be automatic for anyone. If the founders want to assign the role to themselves and whomever else let them do that. Just do not make it automatic.

Dan 77

Squire

You didn't get it.
It was me for example. And I think that prizes are still very low (250/500 random goods) or fine (1500/3000 random goods), only the palace is a bit expensive.
Not many guilds have hunderds of thousands or event milions of IA/EMA goods in their treasuries... is it even possible? In 99,99% guilds not, I think.

Emberguard

Emperor
If we would get 50% back for deleting a building, that might help with some of the goods costs.
I can just imagine it now. Take a enemy province with a building. Delete it to take the enemies goods :D Mwahaha

If province buildings affect provinces in GBG, why Observatories can't? :) :)
My guess is because (1) there's no goods (treasury) cost in GBG unless you use province buildings (2) your opponent is already limited by attrition.

If Observatories effected provinces at all then personally I think it'd make sense to effect the cost of placing those province buildings. Logically Observatory/Atom/Arc provides an effect on a province through providing the goods necessary to buy the buildings. So following that train of thought it'd make sense for the Support Pool to translate into reduced goods cost (with a max cap on the reduction like how GvG has a max cap on applying the support pool as defence bonus)

Last edited:

Dan 77

Squire
Good point and good idea by extrapolation. But prizes seems low to me already.
I think that actual bonuses of Observatory would't somehow be eliminated by the concept of GBG and province buildings, they could maybe coexist and work simultaneously.
I hope that developpers will read it because implementation of GBG will definitely reduce the number of players participating in GvG, so the Observatories will become unnecessary.

My guess is because (1) there's no goods (treasury) cost in GBG unless you use province buildings
Logically Observatory/Atom/Arc provides an effect on a province through providing the goods necessary to buy the buildings.
The only difference between Observatories and the province buildings is that Observatory doesn't cost almost no goods, but FPs and a space 3x3 in our cities and then it supplies a little goods to guild's treasury - and in that way GvG and GBG by Observatories are already affected.
(2) your opponent is already limited by attrition.
Yes, so the Observatory can provide some higher attrition level from the beginning - or some defensive bonus on top of the attrition (two sides of the same coin, right?). Or some another bonus to Observatory should be added (the Support Pool for GvG, another for GBG), for example and best as Watchtower and Siege Camp have (if members of the owning guild of this province advance into adjacent provinces, they have a 8/24% chance not to increase their attrition level). It'd also make sense (with a max cap on the bonus aplying to each sector as maximal bonuses in GvG or as attrition 1750% and 20 goods per try in GBG).

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
(with a max cap on the bonus aplying to each sector as a maximal bonuses in GvG or as attrition 1750% and 20 goods per try in GBG).
Whatever happens with Support Pool Bonus would indeed need a max cap as
(1) Observatory isn’t the only source of support pool. You also get it from Guild Lvl, St Basil and Deal Castle.
(2) everything with a cost in GBG is a repeat cost. GBs are a once off cost. The province buildings won’t be able to compete with GBs without a cap on what those GBs are doing. It’d be nice if they did something but if they did too much there’d be no need for province buildings

The only difference between Observatories and the province buildings is that Observatory doesn't cost almost no goods, but FPs and a space 3x3 in our cities and then it supplies a little goods to guild's treasury - and in that way GvG and GBG by Observatories are already affected.
yes and no. All depends on whether a player is prepared to lvl it high for whether it’s a small amount of goods.

It’s only the first 10 lvls that make it look small. After that it’s not only cheaper to lvl then the Arc but it’s gains are the same as the Arc per lvl. Get both the Arc and the Observatory to lvl 80 and you’ve almost doubled your treasury goods

GBLvlGoodsFPs to Lvl
Arc80162 (x5)5,462
Obs80148 (x5)3,661

Last edited:

Dan 77

Squire
(1) I know, the Support Pool bonus is contained of it too. (2) It's true - and that's why to implement a max cap.

Good remark of how the bonus increases. But how many players build the Observatory as high as the Arc? Even for GvG it's unnecessary Support Pool and unncessary are also goods if Arcs produce these goods already (especially AF-SAM goods useless in GvG, useful in GBG and a bit in GE) - I mean in advanced guilds with many members who built both buildings in their cities.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
Good remark of how the bonus increases. But how many players build the Observatory as high as the Arc? Even for GvG it's unnecessary Support Pool and unncessary are also goods if Arcs produce these goods already (especially AF-SAM goods useless in GvG, useful in GBG and a bit in GE) - I mean in advanced guilds with many members who built both buildings in their cities.
Bit of a catch 22 isn’t it?

If the goods are unnecessary then you can afford the province buildings without the Observatory. If the goods are necessary then you have reason to lvl the Observatory. Multiple streams of income will always be more effective then just one.

That being said it all takes time to build up so that in itself would be a limiting factor when there’s other aspects needed to be built up in a city. And as you pointed out GvG doesn’t use AF+ goods so GBG would need to be high priority to spend time lvling the Observatory if it’s just for goods.

Though the statue of honour is about a lvl 31 Observatory output when fully lvl’d, so for new players the same time lvling up a Arc will be as though they’d also been lvling another treasury GB if they are active in GBG. I estimate 7 months for the final lvl based on the average mentioned early in this thread to get the fragments for statue of honour. That’ll certainly have a impact on guild treasury in the long run without having to lvl the Observatory. [was mistaken about how much the statue produces]

Which brings us back to your point of wanting the observatory to do something more in GBG xD

Last edited:

Dan 77

Squire
In our guild every member of 77 has the Arc at some level, which means that on avarage 60,000 goods can be donated to guild treasury daily (by estimation avarage is lower than lvl 80 of the Arc + some goods from Observatory), which means that our guild can for example build up to 20 fortresses/traps/siege camps or 5 palaces daily (is it enough or not?) without loosing anything from our huge stock.
Multiple streams of income will always be more effective then just one.
Always, are you sure?? Not always, only if you don't have so much that you can use it anywhere... as like as medals, supplies, blueprints, completely all post-Future goods in treasury before GBG implementation etc.

The reason for us to have Observatories is that it's the best way how to get Support Pool bonus for our GvG territories, whereas low levels are more than enough. And why I would like the Observatories to affect GBG? Most of guilds don't play GvG already and even more players also won't after GBG implementation, so what will then be the purpose of Observatories for us all? The Observatory will probably also become a useless building.

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
If - and I repeat if - there is a perk added to the Observatory it should be in line with the system in place.

It could just give one or more of the bonuses given through the province buildings:
1) chance to not increase the attrition level when winning an encounter
2) chance to double attrition when opponent attacks an owned province
3) increase VP /hour by X%

3) would be the easiest to implement as there are no big balancing issues
2) and 1) are more tricky to implement in regard of number and level of all the observatories in the guild...