• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Province Buildings (Battlegrounds)

Dan 77

Squire
Nice!
And a special guild role instead of the "trustworthy" again is much better.
How high the costs are? How does the distribution among 3 types of goods exactly work?

Last edited:

Natalia1

Squire
Feedback on province buildings themselves. Traps and decoys seem to be the most popular in our BG (platinum one), and in my opinion the most effective. Palaces are effective but on the costly side. Wachtower and siege camp are a bit underused as they require very strategic placement.

I have seen all of the buildings used, so I think different guilds have slightly different strategies. I still feel that the cost of the more expensive buildings needs to be brought down a bit for them to be used long term.

DeletedUser10039

If we would get 50% back for deleting a building, that might help with some of the goods costs.

sirblu

Baronet
I have thought long and hard about this but I DO NOT like the idea of all Leaders automatically having the new function of being able to construct BgB Buildings. I think this new option should only be given to the founders and let them decide who should also have it as it is a very powerful option and in smaller Guilds could wipe out the entire treasury! I like my leaders being able to set sieges and open new levels of the GE. But just beginning on this new GbG I do not want anyone but me being able to use the treasury goods for these ridiculously expensive buildings and I do not want to begin taking leadership roles away from folks.
Please, Please just limit the building of the GbG bldgs to only the founders - at least initially until folks get more comfortable with the GbG as a whole.

sirblu

Baronet
In the buildings menu, I´d like a pop-up for mouse-overs. Both on the buildings themselves and the Goods needed.
It´s a lot easier to instruct guildies what to build, if we can call the building for what it is instead of "The white tower thingy which resembles a rook in chess"
And some icons for goods a quite a similar Textile / Asbestos and a few more.
I agree with the mouse over goods concept - it would be very helpful to know which goods are actually needed as some do look quite similar and not everyone has the goods icons committed to memory.

DeletedUser10047

I agree with the mouse over goods concept - it would be very helpful to know which goods are actually needed as some do look quite similar and not everyone has the goods icons committed to memory.
Or just include the names of the goods (since mouseover doesn't work on mobile).

justMDZ

Farmer
During the construction of a building, a territory should be blocked against attacks. This would make them more interesting, and their cost would make sense

DeletedUser8743

I have thought long and hard about this but I DO NOT like the idea of all Leaders automatically having the new function of being able to construct BgB Buildings. I think this new option should only be given to the founders and let them decide who should also have it as it is a very powerful option and in smaller Guilds could wipe out the entire treasury! I like my leaders being able to set sieges and open new levels of the GE. But just beginning on this new GbG I do not want anyone but me being able to use the treasury goods for these ridiculously expensive buildings and I do not want to begin taking leadership roles away from folks.
Please, Please just limit the building of the GbG bldgs to only the founders - at least initially until folks get more comfortable with the GbG as a whole.
No need to change the game. Tell your leaders not to use the GBG buildings. If they can't follow instructions they shouldn't be leaders.

DeletedUser8743

During the construction of a building, a territory should be blocked against attacks. This would make them more interesting, and their cost would make sense
Very much disagree. The 4 hour locks are plenty. Plus your proposal could easily be abused. Just keep building and deleting one of the cheap buildings and you'd lock the province for the whole battle ground.

Natalia1

Squire
Anyone has an opinion on which province buildings are useful and which are not? Some you like, some you don't like?

aragon82

Merchant
Anyone has an opinion on which province buildings are useful and which are not? Some you like, some you don't like?

victory points and (I guess) slots for buildings on each province are random, so others will find other usefull spots then our GBG offers

after getting used to the buildings:
- forcing people to spend diamonds(most of the time) to construct the better buildings(construction time > 4h protection) is ok
- but NOT in combination with this abnormal costs(Palace), even 3K is pretty high because:
- complete randomnes which goods are used is garbage, leading into a good amount of low-age goods on almost every option
- shift it more towards the higher ages, getting even more punished for going up an age(in terms of guild-treasury) is not very funny meanwhile

the idea of the stargazer is fine, an (very) expensive option to get a low amount of previous age goods
but why is this the one and only usage of this building? it cant serve your needs all alone
give it charges with a usefull effect or a passive effect that make people think about ramping it up >lvl10

DeletedUser10047

If the only member of a guild in a certain age, say LMA, ages up during a season, how does that affect the possible cost of buildings?

DeletedUser9523

If the only member of a guild in a certain age, say LMA, ages up during a season, how does that affect the possible cost of buildings?

It won't affect the costs, as we basically "remember" the ages of all members the moment a season starts, and use that data as a means to determine costs.*
We wanted to avoid situations where costs suddenly change because of someone's action outside of the battlegrounds feature itself.

*One detailed side note to this one: Members in Bronze Age will be counted as if they are in Iron Age. Because the moment they get to unlock the feature and are able to join, they will be in Iron Age anyways.

DeletedUser10047

*One detailed side note to this one: Members in Bronze Age will be counted as if they are in Iron Age. Because the moment they get to unlock the feature and are able to join, they will be in Iron Age anyways.
So if a guild has Bronze Age members but no Iron Age members, will Iron Age goods be required before any Bronze Age members age up and unlock the feature?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9523

So if a guild has Bronze Age members but no Iron Age members, will Iron Age goods be required before any Bronze Age members unlock the feature?

That is correct. However, from the moment that a Bronze age player is able to join a guild, until the moment he/she can be in Iron Age (and therefore help contributing with said goods), it's just a matter of a few days.

DeletedUser10047

One more clarification. The ages of the goods requested for a building are proportional to the ages of the members in the guild at the start of the season. Are the amounts of requested goods also proportional? Or are the amounts just random?

That is, with 2 LMA members and 1 EMA member, it is twice as likely that LMA goods will be requested. But is it just as likely to request a huge amount of an EMA good as it is to request a huge amount of an LMA good?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9523

One more clarification. The ages of the goods requested for a building are proportional to the ages of the members in the guild at the start of the season. Are the amounts of requested goods also proportional? Or are the amounts just random?

That is, with 2 LMA members and 1 EMA member, it is twice as likely that LMA goods will be requested. But is it just as likely to request a huge amount of an EMA good as it is to request a huge amount of an LMA good?

The amounts are independent, they are completely random.
Statistically speaking, weighing the type of resources by era will be enough of a "mechanism" to make sure that the overall amount of goods is weighted by the eras of a guild's members.