• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 9th October

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7858

Logged in this morning and the first thing that caught my eye was a "flashing" story Icon on the left side of the screen. Whomever came up with that idea - not a good move. It will NOT force anyone to advance the story-line if they (like myself) choose not to. What it will do is annoy the hell out of players (like myself) specially those who play on multiple servers.

I play on 7 servers not including Beta - trust that if I have to put up with a continuous flash of any icon - I'd delete 6 of the cities. We the player KNOW that the story line is there. We KNOW if we have advanced in it or not. Stop trying to "force" game play under the "guise" of "It's just a reminder". Those icons are big enough to remind us every time we log in without having them flashing.

Thank You.

DeletedUser

The ability to attack other players, as well as to be attacked by other players, will only be accessible after unlocking the ‘Military Tactics’ research in Iron Age
really ?

no more attacking of neighbors until 2nd half of iron age

:rolleyes:

DeletedUser8360

• The ability to attack other players, as well as to be attacked by other players, will only be accessible after unlocking the ‘Military Tactics’ research in Iron Age

Agreed, this sucks (sorry to be inarticulate, but that about sums up my feelings on this feature). Absolutely horrible idea.

For instance, I'm still in Iron Age. I have a daily challenge to win 6 battles. Now the pool of available opponents has been drastically diminished and I may not be able to finish the challenge as a result (as I'm fairly low in my neighborhood). Bad bad bad change!

DeletedUser8277

• The ability to attack other players, as well as to be attacked by other players, will only be accessible after unlocking the ‘Military Tactics’ research in Iron Age
I know I may go against the grain here but I think that is a great change. New players need time to learn the game before getting pushed away from it. IA is a good time to introduce PvP.

I can also understand that DCs and any quest asking people below this tech for attacks and battles should be looked at. DCs should be changed to keep this in mind. With only 3 possible avenues for battle, PvP, GvG and GE, taking another 1 away after the accessibility issues of GvG will only leave GE. Depending on the day of the week a DC triggers GE battles may be no longer possible. A mobile IA player then has no way of completing the task.

DeletedUser7942

I'm wondering why. Why? Why remove BA PvP? I mean it's been there from the start as far as I'm aware. If there's ever a time it would make sense to introduce players to PvP/Plundering it's early as possible which is in BA.

What going to happen with neighborhood merges in IA? Certainly you're not going to mix those who can't PvP with those who can are you?

edit: yes I realize the merges are supposed to work on fp's in the tree but question how well that works anyway.

DeletedUser6489

I think its ridiculous to limmit players from fighting in their hood until later in IA... i agree with you Slayer. this is not a great move...

AND.. the auto feature released today is going to confuse a lot of people. i havent done any GvG on Beta but if this is avaialbel there as well then this is gonna be something that is gonna slow us down because we have to look at where we are clicking to get into the battle field.. not sure what you are thinking with this feature but not a good change in my opinion

DeletedUser8471

I agree that taking away PvP from BA players is a bad idea. A tutorial of how the combat system works would be a much better idea. I see this as a bandaid to fix all the complaints of new players constantly shouting out "someone attacked me and took my stuff!! This is stupid If it happens again I quit!"

A tutorial would be much better. Get them engaged in how to defend properly and how to set up their city to avoid plundering (or minimize it)

To be honest I think it's silly players will gripe about having 1 single Building ransacked when a player decides to plunder. There are countless other games out there that will set you back WEEKS of gameplay if you have a successful attack and loot done on you. This game has the nice feature that they can only take 1 Building every 24 hours. And there's the feature to prevent the looting on buildings that can be motivated.

Teaching new players how to use the system would go much further than blocking them out of PvP entirely, and then when they reach that stage and have a handful of hoodies that are camping with high level attack buildings and endless supply of troops, the player is double-crossed harder because they still have no idea how to use the system at all. Then they get upset and leave the game angrier than the players that were leaving from BA because they invested more time into it.

Please consider coming up with an in game tutorial that explains this much better than how it is already done so now (which really does not do the system justice at all)

Edit: NormaJeane -2017-10-10 - replaced an inappropriate acronym.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8277

• Added a spawn ability to the Black Tower so when you collect it, bats will fly out from it

Sounds very cool. The animation is nice but the bats flying by during the Halloween event really sold it. Looking forward to seeing this when I collect.

DeletedUser8014

Annoucnement said "Improved incident hints when logging in to be more descriptive"
What am I missing?
I didn't see any hints when I logged in

qaccy

Emperor
I don't think the removal of pvp in Bronze is going to really do much harm. It IS a bit odd to now have attacking other players be locked behind tech, but on the other hand in the absence of a thorough 'pvp tutorial'* it's better to delay pvp until the player's had more time to play around with the battle system - compared to previously, players were able to be attacked immediately upon being put into a neighborhood. Now, they'll have the entirety of Bronze to get used to the game's battle system and at that point, the only thing that could possibly be a mystery is how they got attacked, rather than wondering what an attack even is in the first place.

*If there were to be some sort of 'tutorial' for pvp, what would it even look like? There's already a tutorial for battling, which is basically all that needs to be known. I'm not sure if much more could be done beyond that other than highlighting the icons for defending units and for attacking another player. This game doesn't really have true 'pvp' as it is, so I just don't think there's a lot that can be done other than giving players a true grace period to get used to the game before that aspect comes into play.

DeletedUser8511

Agreed, this sucks (sorry to be inarticulate, but that about sums up my feelings on this feature). Absolutely horrible idea.

For instance, I'm still in Iron Age. I have a daily challenge to win 6 battles. Now the pool of available opponents has been drastically diminished and I may not be able to finish the challenge as a result (as I'm fairly low in my neighborhood). Bad bad bad change!

In addition to the daily challenges, how about potential event quests of kill 75 units?

If this is all to prevent new players from getting plundered, it only partially address the problem. As soon as they unlock that tech, they will be ripe for the picking. The other solutions in place, tavern city defense, defense buildings are adequate, to collect on time.

You already have a tutorial system, not sure if placing a full defending army is part of that tutorial or not, perhaps that may help.

DeletedUser7942

If this is all to prevent new players from getting plundered, it only partially address the problem. As soon as they unlock that tech, they will be ripe for the picking.
I do wonder what this change is about myself. If this is about plundering it seems they just can't seem to figure out what to do. They tried with the neighborhood merge change to make things "more fair" I guess which while for the most part does away with age disparity actually made plundering more likely because now you don't have any players below you who would be less likely to attack. And of course that also doesn't account for military GB's e.g. an IA player with level 80 SoZ, CoA, CdM etc. And it doesn't account for the 1/7Rogue tactic relative to the city defense AI. Then they introduced City Shield but that's expensive to first set up tavern for a good income to get in the first place and then even more expensive to try to maintain. If they really want players to not be negatively affected by PvP then they should make non PvP servers or an opt out of PvP option and merge PvP with PvP and non PvP with non PvP players.

For myself it doesn't effect me at all, I'm in OF and I don't PvP anyway but for something to be in the game since its release and now suddenly changed with no explanation makes no sense to me and for those who enjoy PvP in BA and IA I'm sure will be upset by it.

DeletedUser8539

PvP has always been part of the game from the start and this is plain stupid, look on the live forums, there is people moaning about plunder in all ages, personally I don't care about plunder and this is just postponing it... only thing this does is stop players starting this game, either new players or old players on new worlds from advancing, it's a fighting game, the story line has fighting in it including plunder, the events have fighting and now we have daily challenges and thats opened at the start of IA...

I have only been in Beta a couple of weeks so have little attack strength..

I have already had the daily reset because of the tavern and today I have finally made it to day 7 and guess what? 10 battles.... .......2 days till the end of GE, I don't have the strength yet to fight level 3 anyway, the map is getting hard with out attack boost and the limited room for huge amounts of troops...and to top it off, over half the hood I cant attack....
I have managed 5 battles but still have 5 to go, the top 5 in the hood have been around for a long time.. multiple WF and RF and #1 has 11 GB's including a basil... I got no chance with lvl2 zues lol

If they want to remove the fighting from the game in the early ages you best reconfigure the rest of the game to suit. it's been a mission to get to the last day of the dailly for the 1st time and it's going to reset back to day one like last week...it's BS

podkap1970

Emperor
i did update my Firefox to 56.0.1 (64-Bit), i had 56.0 (32-Bit i think), via autoupdate
now i get a blackscreen when i try to login
i have deactivated all my Addons, same result

playing with IE 11.0.46 now,
not gonna downgrade my Firefox again

anyone else have this problem ? newest Firefox giving a blackscreen ?

podkap1970

Emperor
since noone else have this problem seems like,
i will write a solution for my problem
Firefox seems like to change this info (dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled) always to false when you upgrade your Firefox, maybe not always, but this time it did again
so if you have a blackscreen or the game is not loading, or its lagging like hell
- put that in the url: about:config
- after that, search for dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled and double click it, so it do switch to 'true'
- close the TAB, and your FoE should work again

Edit: and don't forget to update your Flash, a hot fix came out today