• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 8th January

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8652

I"m not sure if this is a result of changes made on Friday or even if this is the place to post this.... but I've noticed and anomaly that started about 24 hours ago.
If I am in the game, I get notices of new messages posted in the threads I subscribe to, but if I log out and come back later my message cue does not blink.
This started on Sunday, EST, and I also had an issue whenever I posted in a thread, the background would change on all of the messages of that thread, and it would scroll to the top of the thread. This seems to have cleared up today.
I know the message cue not working is not limited to one computer, as I used two different systems at two different locations (home and work) to login and the result was the same. I also had my wife check hers, and she got the same results.

Achaeus

Marquis
Forgot to mention this earlier, but hats off to whoever made the changes to make aiding a "little" bit faster! It is actually a whole lot faster and the social bar at the bottom snaps so fast you can't really see the transition! Nice job and thank you!

Were changes made to Tavern Visits too? Those seem to be much faster too :D

Andi47

Overlord
@Zarok Dai when do you fix or build new GvG engine? The game is IMPOSSIBLE to play past 8pm...

+1!!

The following things make playing GvG a pain in the a**:
  • The still-not-fixed display bug: At some point the GvG map falls out of sync, so one sees neither newly placed sieges, nor the "blimps" when battles are done - and if a besieged sector is open, one won't see when the siege is killed (thus the bug can make it impossible to quickly replace a siege, or to quickly replenish defending armies)
  • around 8 p.m. server time the performance is bloody awful and really SUCKS (especially when the map is still in sync, see the aforementioned bug). When you click something (e.g. attempting to open a sector, attempting to select units, attempting to start a battle) It takes SEVERAL seconds until the click actually DOES something. At some days I see blimps floating upwards with a frame rate of only one or two per minute!!

BTW: I am playing GvG (almost) only on the .de servers. Here on beta the performance is generally lower than on .de (and as far as I know the .de servers are located in the same city as beta, so I assume it is not due the location). Example: When donating many FP to a GB by clicking the "spend 10 FP" button repeatedly, I can spend ~30 FP per second on .de and only 10 FP per second on beta. For this reason I guess that GvG on beta will be even worse than the almost umplayable situation on .de.

qaccy

Emperor
@jakidziadzia @Andi47 To be blunt, I'm kind of surprised that people forgot that Inno essentially shelved GvG when they released the AA map. The steady degradation in its functionality over time is strong evidence of this. It's a feature not available on mobile, so keeping it running is not a high priority (I suspect since the release of the mobile version, there are more users logging in and playing the game that way rather than via PC).

That being said, it's entirely possible that the lack of visible focus on GvG doesn't mean it isn't being worked on. We're getting closer to a release of the HTML5 version of the game, and perhaps GvG is being worked on/improved for that version of the game when it's released, at the 'expense' of the current version slowly sliding backwards. Essentially, there's only so much development time and if you've got two products with one on the verge of being phased out, it makes sense to focus more resources on the one that's intended to replace it, especially since GvG is still functional despite being a bit of an unpleasant experience at times (pretty much only when there are multiple sectors on the map being attacked at once).