• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 6th November

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

qaccy

Emperor
@Zarok Dai
With the recent adjustment to the Oracle of Delphi's level up cost, I'd like to ask if it's possible to do the same for Postmodern, Contemporary, Tomorrow, and Future Era GBs. They similarly have a lower cost to level than what should actually be. Since it's been like this for years I always imagined that it was intended, but now that outliers are apparently an issue concerning game balance, I think for that purpose these GBs should be given a look as well. My proposed changes:

Modern Era: 880 FP to level from 9 to 10 (unchanged)
Postmodern Era: 920 FP to level from 9 to 10 (+40 over current)
Contemporary Era: 970 FP to level from 9 to 10 (+90 over current)
Tomorrow Era: 1020 FP to level from 9 to 10 (+90 over current)
Future Era: 1060 FP to level from 9 to 10 (+90 over current)

Because the cost to level a GB does not increase in the Postmodern and Contemporary Eras, this throws GB rewards for the above 4 Eras out of line with the rest of the game, until it gets fixed again in Arctic Future with the 'massive' cost increase compared to FE. If my suggested changes were implemented, Arctic GBs would not cost 140 more FP going from 9 to 10 than FE GBs, but merely 50 which would bring everything in line with the GB progression from Bronze all the way up to Modern (GBs typically cost an extra 40 or 50 FP to go from 9 to 10 than a GB from the age immediately below).

Of course, perhaps this was never seen as a problem because the above GBs have a much higher raw FP cost to level than the Oracle does, in spite of the fact that they have similarly imbalanced reward % payouts? I'm merely bringing this up because there were allegedly 'quite a large number of reports' of 'exploiting' with the Oracle which led to its adjustment, whereas this has technically already been happening for years with the above listed GBs with no action taken. Why is the situation different in this instance?

DeletedUser

@Zarok Dai
With the recent adjustment to the Oracle of Delphi's level up cost, I'd like to ask if it's possible to do the same for Postmodern, Contemporary, Tomorrow, and Future Era GBs.

I can pass it on for consideration. However, this balancing change to the Oracle was to address a specific issue where it could be exploited by players with high level Arcs, which in turn could have created an issue with unbalancing the game.

qaccy

Emperor
I can pass it on for consideration. However, this balancing change to the Oracle was to address a specific issue where it could be exploited by players with high level Arcs, which in turn could have created an issue with unbalancing the game.

After reading more on the issue (especially after what it led to on the US servers), it would seem that the Oracle was indeed a pretty extreme example of what happens when the Arc is combined with high-level GB rewards, even moreso than I originally thought (having not personally seen it myself). Perhaps the basically zero cost to rebuild (no goods and high payouts even for the low levels) was a significant factor in this change, however I still think merely changing the rewards would have been a better solution than increasing the cost of levelling it up, as the latter also hurts players who were never intending to exploit the building and merely wanted to level it up for the bonuses it provides. Would it be possible to...adjust the adjustment? lol

DeletedUser7942

Anything is possible. How likely it is I can't be sure of at this time though.
Do you know why the "fix" to get fp's back was applied to other servers whose players were not powerleveling Oracle? Manda the first figured out and we can see from off site stats that no one has an Oracle above level 10 on the U.S. Server so it seems no one was doing it there(probably the International server as well) yet IG applied the "fix" to get fp's back that broke everyone's GB's. It seem only the French and German Servers were the ones powerleveling Oracle as many players on those servers have high level Oracles;

U.S. has none over level 10
http://foestats.com/us/combined/gbs/

French server was updated a few hours later November 08, 2017 02:20 (EST);
Has hundreds above level 10
Oracle de Delphes
http://foestats.com/fr/combined/gbs/

Beta November 07, 2017 16:18 (EST)
Only one player has an Oracle above level 10, it's a level 11
http://foestats.com/zz/zz1/gbs/?server=zz1&world=Dunarsund

Germany November 07, 2017 23:59 (EST)
Has hundreds above level 10
Orakel von Delphi
http://foestats.com/de/combined/gbs/

SirSmithy

Squire
Huge amount of GB levels are lost on live servers due to the Delphoi GB corrections. Even on servers where the highest Delphoi GB is only lvl 12 and there was no exploit.
GBs unrelated to this lame GB lost levels as well. We lost 1 month worth of FP production. In my case it is a value around 840.000 diamonds.

@Zarok Dai or @Darkstar I ask for your help to clarify this, as our Hungarian support cannot handle this issue. Please! Thanks!

DeletedUser

I am not going to go into details anymore than saying we are working to resolve what occurred yesterday. As soon as I know more on it today, I will let you all know, thanks :)

DeletedUser

Thanks, at least I got a feedback, that you are still working on this.
No answer from our support though...

Please be patient with your local support teams. They are working very hard to address everyone's concerns, but may be reluctant to confirm any details until they themselves have received more information on the progress of what is being worked on.
While we all want to keep everyone as informed as possible, one thing we do not want is to misinform the community by trying to confirm things prematurely.
Thanks all :)

DeletedUser8277

The frustrating issue with this GB fiasco is many people said during the 4 days between when Oracle was released to beta and then to live that it was a bad idea to release a GB next to no one in beta could test. The questline and GB should have been made available to all beta players.

On top of that this patch that has decimated the live servers was also not tested on beta where the damage could have been contained and where mistakes are expected to happen. When Beta is the only server that is not currently broken... there's something wrong there.

The beta server is a wonderful source that is already set up why is it not being utilized to it's potential? Why has live become the new testing ground making the live game unfair for all? (DCs)

If limited usage of the beta server is to blame then send an in game message on live asking for people to sign up. When I mention beta in game most people have no idea what I'm talking about. More casual players don't know it exists and don't know they can and if so how, to play here.

DeletedUser

The beta server is a wonderful source that is already set up why is it not being utilized to it's potential?

When I mention beta in game most people have no idea what I'm talking about. More casual players don't know it exists and don't know they can and if so how, to play here.

These two statements are interconnected in my opinion.
To an extent Beta is being used to it's potential, given it's current state at the time. What limits Beta with some testing is we are a small market, so some things can't be tested here as accurately because we do not have enough players to mimic larger live market conditions.
This is something I would like to improve upon. I would like to see more players from the live servers not only more aware of Beta, but actively playing here and helping us test. Only then will Beta truly mirror the conditions on the live servers, and in turn our bug testing will be more accurate and productive.
As this is not directly related to this thread I am going to take it to a new thread.
So if anyone is interested in discussing ways we can improve Beta's visibility to the live communities, and encourage more players to join us here, then please come to this discussion thread.
As always, thanks all :)

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
Sorry
but I can not write in the bug section
is not saved
if anyone can transport it

1 the problem has re-emerged
with the size of the military units during the battle
I start a fight on the map ....
in the beginning all military units have the same size
2 after the first movement, the military units have a different size
https://prnt.sc/h892sp
this is done
only when they change
the Rogue
https://prnt.sc/h8bk59
https://prnt.sc/h8bked

Last edited:

Andi47

Overlord
"Back end content"
"more back end content"

@Zarok Dai

I hope lots of this is work for porting FoE to HTML 5?

Is there any plan yet, when we can expect the first HTML version (FoE version 2.0?) here on beta?

(BTW: If all the back end content is work for yet another historical event: Please stop this and concentrate on fixing of bugs which have been reported months and years ago)

DeletedUser

I hope lots of this is work for porting FoE to HTML 5?

Some of it is, yes, but not all.
As to events versus bug fixes. These things are worked on by different teams. So one team working on events does not take away from the team working on bugs. In regard to older reported bugs I can't say specifically why some may not yet be resolved. Some of it has to do with their priority, what actually caused it, and how implementing a fix may affect other parts of the game.

DeletedUser8471

Some of it is, yes, but not all.
As to events versus bug fixes. These things are worked on by different teams. So one team working on events does not take away from the team working on bugs. In regard to older reported bugs I can't say specifically why some may not yet be resolved. Some of it has to do with their priority, what actually caused it, and how implementing a fix may affect other parts of the game.

I think what @Andi47 is suggesting is to HALT development of events until all or most game problems are sorted out.

If you have a team of 10 working on Events and a team of 10 working on bugs and fixing problems, then wouldn’t it only make sense to take the 10 from Events team and put them temporarily on Bugs team to DOUBLE the efforts put into it and potentially HALF the time it takes to fix the problems?

Possibly having more input on how to address the issues and fix them would work best having fresh eyes on the scene.

To a player who has to deal with constant bugs that have been present for such a long time, and to see more and more events being released, it gets quit frustrating and makes you want to break your phone/computer.

I think at the very least we could do away with Historical Quests for a while so those team members could help fix the broken aspects of the game when not focusing on Seasonal events.

DeletedUser8471

I would at least like to be able
o read my messages from
members without having to ta
ke a course in deciphering bro
ken messages where sometimes
disappear for no reason.

Deciphered:
I would at least like to be able to read my messages from guild members without having to take a course in deciphering broken messages where sometimes words disappear for no reason.

Its been going on for a month now. At first it was confusing. Then it was funny to see others discover this bug and be confused. Now it’s just plain annoying.

This was supposed to be fixed on the last update for the Apps. It’s still happening.