• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 4th June

DeletedUser7942

hmm, seem to be missing the abort quest shortcut;)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
another that would be nice

while in goods/supply/barracks production buildings :
1 2 3 4 5 6 (select production option - maybe combine with tab behavior?)
tab/shift-tab (select next/previous (idle?) building)

Mostly imagining a situation where you have a whole lot of buildings in your city and have your regular maintenance tasks in front of you. it'd be nice to be able to quickly cycle through and set them all to 8 hr or 24 hr productions or queue the next empty barracks slot. It'd also be nice to be able to use it for those moments when you want to cancel all your productions and change them to something else but perhaps that's a less common task and i'm not sure how to define a sensible order if it has to go through all the buildings whether they're idle or not). At least if it's idle buildings only you should be able to make quick decisions seeing the screen of what you want to do with the building.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
That's already there. :) It's 1-6 for production windows, 1-4 for goods and military windows.

huh - nifty, so it is. i'd still like to be able to open my 50 or 100 buildings in succession without having to click into each one :)

edit : having just done a run of 25 hatters on live it seems even just using the production short keys does cut off a ton of time since i don't have to wait for the window to load. and taking into account i'm not sure of what the most useful method for 'cycling' through buildings is without clicking each one, i'll rest my request for now :)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It would be good if somewhere there was a (complete) list of the keyboard shortcuts - not prominent or anything, just somewhere actually in game that we could tell people 'oh just click on this and that and there's a list'. And on that topic of interface features that aren't really documented, click and drag to collect could use to be in the stone age tutorial. It's not at all infrequent to see someone around colonial age have a eureka moment that they don't have to collect their houses by clicking on each one individually :p

DeletedUser7779

Thumbs up on the shortcuts, I guess it'd save us some time when we get used to them.
Another suggestion from me: when in battle a shortcut to end a unit's turn. Would be useful in manual fights - it happens quite often that you don't want to move your rogues forward and wait for the defending units to come closer. So you have to click each rogue to end its turn - would be way faster if we could do that on key press, so we don't move the mouse every time.
I've seen that in other games and I find it very nice.

RedRed

Viceroy
Thumb up for the keyboard shortcuts!

t0kLc0c.gif

In addition to the suggestions above, please add zoom -/+ shortcuts, since your recent updates zoom setup it is needed at every login in every world :)

DeletedUser

Nice to see things fixed that most likely was on the "can wait until later" list :) sign of progress..

DeletedUser8150

It would be great :)

I'd quite like finish battle and exit:

ie at present part way in battle i have to finish via:

auto-> result-> ok

1 key to end would be nice...(no auto b4 fight starts is no use as many battle AI does silly things if you don't take the first few shots or stop an original unit from moving when with rogues)

In the general buildings: 'Repeat' would be a godsend. Inventory -> click for 3 pages to find a building -> place building. Then Inventory -> click for 3 pages to find a building -> place building.

Gets tiresome when you want to place a load from inventory. Single key 'r' to keep replacing the same building from stock again?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8262

+1 for the keyboard shortcuts
-1 for the reversion to slower aiding ... hopefully it was just teething problems and faster aiding will be re-installed

Yep, fast aiding has to come back!
As someone who started out with computer in the 80s when I could correctly write my age in DEC or HEX oblivious of this fact ^^ AAAND has done his very fair share of programming in delays so users are forced to watch my pretty animations ;-) -- AAAND has grown out of this nonsense -- I will never stop calling out this nonsense, wherever I may find it.
I am repeating myself, but so are others ...apparently: There is no good reason for programmed delays.

Now, the biggest praise I have been dealing out for a looong time, also as an IT fundamentalist:
Keyboard control! YESSS! Back are the times when you were able to hack in several commands per second instead of literally pushing and prodding about a material representation of a virtual hand without almost all of the 3D functions and degrees of freedom that make hands great.
Gimme more, more, more of that! ^^

DeletedUser16

Heya :). Fast aiding was never an intentional change. It was a side effect of a bug which resulted in the possibility to execute an action without the previous one being completed. This is of course not ideal and also resulted in tons of "can not polish" error messages being displayed, which - I am sure - everyone saw at least a few times :).
If we ever go for a "fast aiding" improvement, it will be done properly ;).

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'd quite like finish battle and exit:

ie at present part way in battle i have to finish via:

auto-> result-> ok

1 key to end would be nice...(no auto b4 fight starts is no use as many battle AI does silly things if you don't take the first few shots or stop an original unit from moving when with rogues)

In the general buildings: 'Repeat' would be a godsend. Inventory -> click for 3 pages to find a building -> place building. Then Inventory -> click for 3 pages to find a building -> place building.

Gets tiresome when you want to place a load from inventory. Single key 'r' to keep replacing the same building from stock again?

Holding ctrl or shift while placing a building to be able to keep placing more would be a behavior consistent with many games.

DeletedUser8150

Holding ctrl or shift while placing a building to be able to keep placing more would be a behavior consistent with many games.

Yeah whatever works....method less important than function !

Keyboard Shortcut: Unless I missed it a direct to GB donations list would be nice

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8316

Heya :). Fast aiding was never an intentional change. It was a side effect of a bug which resulted in the possibility to execute an action without the previous one being completed. This is of course not ideal and also resulted in tons of "can not polish" error messages being displayed, which - I am sure - everyone saw at least a few times :).
If we ever go for a "fast aiding" improvement, it will be done properly ;).

I would gladly sacrifice the chance of getting a blueprint for a "mass aid" button. Clicking 80 times for guild and up to 140 more times for friends (plus up to another 140 clicks for taverns (times 2 since you have to close that window every time))... that's absurd for a game in 2018. Get rid of the Tavern pop up window as well.. I don't think anyone cares where they are sitting in a tavern.
The hotkey changes are nice as are the reward spots showing for GBs.