• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 2nd September

DeletedUser5439

I am assuming it was this last update that upended years of recognising icons - at least, the coins' icon should vaguely look like a coin (it doesn't) and the ferroconcrete like, well, concrete (it looks exactly like the coin should look). Changes are good, but not just for the sake of change, they should improve the game - and these new icons do NOT. I haven't looked at the rest, I'm almost afraid to - I don't have that sort of time to stop and research every one to see what it is supposed to be....

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
I am assuming it was this last update that upended years of recognising icons - at least, the coins' icon should vaguely look like a coin (it doesn't) and the ferroconcrete like, well, concrete (it looks exactly like the coin should look). Changes are good, but not just for the sake of change, they should improve the game - and these new icons do NOT. I haven't looked at the rest, I'm almost afraid to - I don't have that sort of time to stop and research every one to see what it is supposed to be....
There has been no update of icons. It's possible that a cached version of them is wrong locally as the server assets change with game update. Can you try clearing your browser's cache (see instructions at this linked page - just locate your device/browser), then login to the game again and see if the issue still persists.
An alternative would be running the game in incognito/private browsing mode, but that would only indicate if the problem is cache related, it wouldn't resolve it for your daily use of the browser.

1BFA

Viceroy
There has been no update of icons. It's possible that a cached version of them is wrong locally as the server assets change with game update. Can you try clearing your browser's cache (see instructions at this linked page - just locate your device/browser), then login to the game again and see if the issue still persists.
An alternative would be running the game in incognito/private browsing mode, but that would only indicate if the problem is cache related, it wouldn't resolve it for your daily use of the browser.

cleared cache with no luck. This has been going on for a week or so

DeletedUser10047

:( working in IT for past 25 years :)
Think I know a bit about clearing cache :eek:
You already know, then, that clearing your cache through your browser doesn't always clear everything from your browser's cache. But some of the less technically savvy may not know that.

If this problem persists after asking your browser to clear the cache, it may be necessary to find out where your browser stores its cache files, navigate to that directory, and delete all files. For Chrome, this is located in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\UserData\Default\Cache\.

EDIT: One of the problems with deleting the entire cache is that potentially a lot of web pages will load very slowly until the cache is rebuilt. This can be quite a problem with a slow internet connection. Fortunately, there are other ways to get the game's cache refreshed without causing slowdowns for other web sites.

One method is to bring up DevTools when your game is the active tab (this is for Chrome - perhaps similar features exist in other browsers). Look for the three vertical dots to the far right of the address bar. Click the dots, then More tools, then Developer Tools. This brings up a subpanel (or new window). Select Network on the top row. On the next row, there is a checkbox to Disable cache. Check the box and refresh your game page. This causes Chrome to ignore the cache and reload all files from the server. Then close DevTools. The only extra network traffic were the files necessary to reload the game.

Another method is to bring up DevTools, select the Network section, filter for icons_0.png. One of the columns is size. Then go to the cache directory, and delete the file that is that size. (If there are two or three files that size, you can just delete them all, although there are tricks you can use to determine which one you want).

Any of these methods should suffice to get the in-game icons looking proper again.

Last edited by a moderator:

1BFA

Viceroy
You already know, then, that clearing your cache through your browser doesn't always clear everything from your browser's cache. But some of the less technically savvy may not know that.

If this problem persists after asking your browser to clear the cache, it may be necessary to find out where your browser stores its cache files, navigate to that directory, and delete all files. For Chrome, this is located in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\UserData\Default\Cache\.

EDIT: One of the problems with deleting the entire cache is that potentially a lot of web pages will load very slowly until the cache is rebuilt. This can be quite a problem with a slow internet connection. Fortunately, there are other ways to get the game's cache refreshed without causing slowdowns for other web sites.

One method is to bring up DevTools when your game is the active tab (this is for Chrome - perhaps similar features exist in other browsers). Look for the three vertical dots to the far right of the address bar. Click the dots, then More tools, then Developer Tools. This brings up a subpanel (or new window). Select Network on the top row. On the next row, there is a checkbox to Disable cache. Check the box and refresh your game page. This causes Chrome to ignore the cache and reload all files from the server. Then close DevTools. The only extra network traffic were the files necessary to reload the game.

Another method is to bring up DevTools, select the Network section, filter for icons_0.png. One of the columns is size. Then go to the cache directory, and delete the file that is that size. (If there are two or three files that size, you can just delete them all, although there are tricks you can use to determine which one you want).

Any of these methods should suffice to get the in-game icons looking proper again.

Trying the game on a different browser is another way to check :)

zlobnyj bot

Squire
Please leave any feedback
Please tell me, is it planned to adjust the tips indicating the era of the Great Buildings and event buildings in a separate table of contents titled? On a beta server already in the event epochs, the buildings of the Mars epoch do not fit in a line, on local language servers everything is much, much worse.
upload_2019-9-4_12-30-8.pngupload_2019-9-4_12-30-41.pngupload_2019-9-4_12-31-1.png

SirSmithy

Squire
For the today’s update... what if you increase the FP collection limit to 999?
Anyhow can you provide a reason for the 100 FP limit?

I don’t want to stockpile it... With the 999 limit I am not able to stockpile it neither.
So collecting 700+ FP per day going by 100 FPs is nothing, but user friendly.
Another solution is to provide the collect all button on the app.
With about 900 FP/day I know how you feel.
I just told you the reason, that's what they said on German forums. :(

qaccy

Emperor
@sirsmithy I agree that having the ability to collect from all buildings at once while on mobile would be a nice addition. Since that's a diamond feature, the fact that mobile doesn't have it yet tells me that there might be some technical reason why you have to be on PC to do it.

DeletedUser4282

Another idea would be to use a third party program like CCleaner! Been using it for years and it works just great!
The above way is just a pain for most people!! :)