• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 27th November

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

vesgouo

Baronet
Personally I don't think it's that big of an issue. Does it require players to actually look at and read the new window layout? Of course it does. However just because a game function changes and players have to use different motions to click in different places in no way implies that the feature was designed to be accidentally clicked.
I will pass your feelings about it along and we'll see what the devs think.
Thanks.

I disagree.
Its similar to the discussion about button distribution on auto-battle function.
A button that induces to misleads clicks is a layout fail. And I suppose it's something simple to fix
Place the diamond use button at the top of the window instead of being at bottom. And. it´s done.
There will be no accidental clicks and the button will remain available if someone wants to use it.
Spending diamonds WITHOUT WANTING (accidentally) is something that very demotivates a player.
Remember that not everyone has activated the function of confirming the use of diamonds.

qaccy

Emperor
@Andi47
You completely ignored my post which pointed out that the button location isn't as big a deal as you're making it out to be. There are plenty of indicators in the window that can show you what you're clicking on before any 'mistakes' are made.

EDIT:
As described by others and I nvr had the bug until the kraken boosts started. I can't sware it happens only when you get the kill though it might be more general.[I wonder does any1 have the bug who doesn't have a kraken?]

Nah, the bug definitely only happens in battles where the Kraken activates. However, it doesn't ALWAYS happen which clues me in to the likelihood that there's more to the bug than just the Kraken. Some battles it happens, some it doesn't. It most likely has to do with which units you're using, and possibly even which units the enemy is using. But that introduces so many possible unit combinations that it may be quite difficult to pin down what specific factors (beyond the Kraken going off) cause the bug.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8277

Recommendation to all players:
1.) look carefully, and take a second look before you click!!
2.) activate the diamond use confirmation in your settings!!!!
I noticed this for the first time and I am quite happy I have my conformation settings set as I would have been out. Unfortunately I cannot see why this would be made to look like this if not to confuse people into spending premium currency.

I would be inclined to think it wouldn't be a big deal if diamond confirmation was on for everyone and couldn't be turned off but for anyone who has it shut off, (which makes me think they would be a huge diamond spender) how could it be worth trying to trick or confuse them into spending small amounts and risk their trust? The supply building window is ugly and now more time consuming due to it's size-time to process and mouse movements- but this is just wrong.

As far as 'judicial' I think you'd have a hard time with that. Technically we buy diamonds, we received the diamonds. If we could make a click in deceit that deducted 10 cents from our back accounts you might be correct but here we lose diamonds. The middle man of exchanging actual currency for game currency protects them in many ways.

Morally however I think it's wrong to attempt to profit from purposely created confusion. If it was not done on purpose but merely an oversight/ another example of a lack of awareness on playing their own game I imagine it would be corrected before moving to live. They earned a good deal of goodwill merit when they fixed the GB fiasco on live by giving more than they took. I doubt they'd want to cash it in so soon for something so petty.

DeletedUser8150

@Andi47
You completely ignored my post which pointed out that the button location isn't as big a deal as you're making it out to be. There are plenty of indicators in the window that can show you what you're clicking on before any 'mistakes' are made.

EDIT:

Nah, the bug definitely only happens in battles where the Kraken activates. However, it doesn't ALWAYS happen which clues me in to the likelihood that there's more to the bug than just the Kraken. Some battles it happens, some it doesn't. It most likely has to do with which units you're using, and possibly even which units the enemy is using. But that introduces so many possible unit combinations that it may be quite difficult to pin down what specific factors (beyond the Kraken going off) cause the bug.

@Qac @Darkstar

Fwiw on live this morning every kraken boost GE saw only 7 units in bar showing of my 8 but only one of them did the unit with 0 health show up.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
@Qac @Darkstar

Fwiw on live this morning every kraken boost GE saw only 7 units in bar showing of my 8 but only one of them did the unit with 0 health show up.
The issue with the 0 health has been found, and while the First Strike ability is involved it's not the only trigger. We'll be working on a fix for it. It is however a visual only problem with the "next units" portion of the battle bar at the bottom of the screen. The unit is still there and it's health is correct on the battlefield. :)

If there's an additional issue you're experiencing there please let us know.

Achaeus

Marquis
The background hasn't been changed much, or at least not in any way drastically. :) There was an issue with the icons where they appeared pixelated, and that has now been corrected.

It appears very subtle (see BEFORE and AFTER) but with multiple icons on a window I think it makes a difference. Personally I also think it points that the background by itself isn't such a big problem (similarly colored backgrounds are used elsewhere), but it's maybe the color of the text and similar which you feel makes thing unappealing to look at. Could be just my own opinion though.

I think the problem is there is too much white space. It makes everything blend together, hard to look at, and oddly annoying. With the background color in the bubble being almost the same color as the background of each box it all washes out. It also seems the information that is important, such as the duration of the production and what you get for that production blends into the information that has little relevance ... i.e. In the Bountiful Cider Mill I really don't care that I am producing apples slices, but I do care that it takes 5 minutes and I get supplies.

I just spent some time popping back and forth between Live and Beta production windows and the darker colors in live are calming while the brighter colors in Beta are agitating. It is the best way I can think to explain my dislike of the Beta Production windows ... it is like an advertisement that is meant to catch your attention by being irritating . Sorry, the production box is simply not pleasant to use. :(

DeletedUser

I just wanted to share a quick update with you all.
We have seen all of your comments and ideas for changes to the new UI, and improvements to it are being worked on. I don't know all the details yet but when I do I will pass it along.
You see, we do listen ;)

DeletedUser7703

I just wanted to share a quick update with you all.
We have seen all of your comments and ideas for changes to the new UI, and improvements to it are being worked on. I don't know all the details yet but when I do I will pass it along.

Is there any chance to get the new window to not close when you cancel a production. I think most of the time people cancel a production to start a different production.

Have Inno thought about having 2 different colour themes for the whole UI? (selected from options)

DeletedUser

Is there any chance to get the new window to not close when you cancel a production. I think most of the time people cancel a production to start a different production.

Have Inno thought about having 2 different colour themes for the whole UI? (selected from options)

This is all being discussed.

DeletedUser8511

Feedback on new unit production:

If the intent is to reduce clicks, Inno you have failed, instead there are now many more opportunities to make more clicks. When users accidentally have pressed the heal button and spend diamonds instead of the train button, and then a confirmation button comes up asking if you really want to spend diamonds. Its more clicks, isnt it better to avoid the situation all together?

Possible solutions:
- Based on images, looks like each unit slot is separate and a darker background can be applied to slot that have not been opened, so why can't you apply a darker background for slots that need healing. Matter of fact, why is the last slot (diamond slot) and other slots in bright color while the other slot has a dark background? Proof that Inno intent is trying trick players into clicking on diamonds?

OR

- Move the location of the diamond heal button, perhaps where it says heal? As player we want to quickly see and differentiate options, not have to examine details to make decisions.

2017-12-07 12_12_56-Forge of Empires.png

DeletedUser

[...]Have Inno thought about having 2 different colour themes for the whole UI? (selected from options)

This is all being discussed.

An option between FoE classic and FoE mobile style (or similar named) would be great.
classic = traditional colors AND style
mobile = new color and design ideas

I doubt it would be a problem to include new features into the windows we are used to.

DeletedUser7779

Funny that the window does not close when you cancel production on app...

DeletedUser8652

Some of the changes were not as horrible, and yes I'm a browser player for the most part, as some have found them.
I agree with:
feedback: just decrease the size of the icons in the speech bubbles for both goods and supply windows, please. 70% would look okay.
also, maybe add the hint that you can produce goods at full rate back (the thing that was on the top).

Darkening the background and reducing the apparent brightness of the windows would be a good idea. Having the productions show up when you click on a building to see if you want to change something IE: cancel and start another production, is actually handy.

For those of you who find INNO so unresponsive, perhaps you've not heard of the softer approach. Being in the customer service business, I'm more likely when busy to help the nice customer who may be spending less, than the grouchy one with a big wallet.

DeletedUser5439

What would also help is if we had separate threads in the feedback for each of the issues....

The lighter background would be less jarring to the eye (particularly older ones, or ones with issues) if it weren't so flaming BIG. The graphics also come across as tawdry, probably because they work nicely in a much smaller size but not blown up to fit the oversize box. Putting "diamond buy" options at the far end of the row would also help us to not accidentally spend what we don't want to spend... particularly since it appears a whole lot of us intend to vote against the change with our wallets.

Why, oh why, does Inno spend so much time fixing what wasn't broken in the first place?

DeletedUser7139

As if the BIG, BRIGHT PRODUCTION WINDOWS weren't already frying my retinas, now you added A FULL SCREEN OF BLINDING BRIGHTNESS AT THE OPENING OF THE WORLD. HOW CAN YOU SAY YOU ARE LISTENING TO THE FEEDBACK ABOUT HOW PAINFUL THE NEW SCREENS ARE, WHEN YOU JUST COMPOUNDED THE PROBLEM?????????????????

DeletedUser6105

Just wanted to agree again with above posts - I am continuing to hate the new production windows.
Having enjoyed setting up my daily productions on live servers I am still shocked every time I load up on Beta and it's really putting me off doing it. All thre reasons have been said - size, colour, amateurish images. It's horrible. Please dont implement!