• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 27th November

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser3741

No, but we're apparently reading different things. I have literally included a before / after screenshot version of what I'm talking about in the very same response you've quoted. You could at least read it fully instead of making an assumption as to what I'm talking about. :)

I think the same too.. We all was speaking and complain about the background color and not the icons size/look
I always reading completly what you write

DeletedUser8150

is something planned on being being done about the 'friendly unit shows no health' bug when the Kraken boost is used.?

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
is something planned on being being done about the 'friendly unit shows no health' bug when the Kraken boost is used.?
Could you please give us more information as to what precisely goes wrong? Then we would be able to look into it. :)

RedRed

Viceroy
Could you please give us more information as to what precisely goes wrong? Then we would be able to look into it. :)
In some battle happens that a unit is shown without health (0); not sure it is related to the kraken but it might indeed.

KanO4gJ.png

qaccy

Emperor
@Pevsner @redred @Darkstar I've noticed this too. It also seems to mess up the turn order overall by 'hiding' one of my own units at times, making it seem like I have less turns than I actually do. Beyond that, I haven't paid much attention to what causes it since it's only a visual bug with the turn display; the battle still proceeds as it should with no other adverse effects. The problem with identifying this bug is that it doesn't always happen in those battles where the Kraken's effect activates, so it may involve more factors than simply the Kraken itself.

If you had macular degeneration like I do, you would experience eye pain every time you open the production window now, X the # of buildings you have, X the number of cities you have. Even squinting it burn an image into the retina that lasts for hours. I can only do 24 hr production now to minimize the pain and if they don't go back to the old screen, I will have to quit this game that I have spend a lot of time and money on. Is anyone from Inno reading these comments? Because I have not seen one positive feedback for this crap, but the BIG BRIGHT BABYISH windows are still here. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE IT.

I'm sorry, but how is this the change that's going to make you quit the game? Messages, quests, and even the GB window have similar appearances and messaging in particular should be a frequently-used feature. What makes the production window 'worse' than any of these?

While I'm rather dismissive of your plight, I can offer a solution in that if you can't tolerate looking at the screen, it's possible to use the numbers 1-6 on your keyboard in order to set productions on buildings without needing to click on the icons. I'm assuming you know which timers you want to run on your buildings, so there's no need to really look at the window when doing it if you're using the number hotkeys instead of your mouse. You do still have to click on the building, but you could simply close your eyes or look away for the brief instant the window's open if it's a serious problem for you.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Thank you for the visual and the info, both. At least we know what to look for, although at first sight it may not be clear what's causing it (and it may indeed not be related to the Kraken). :)

DeletedUser

it is related to the kraken

it only happens in battles when the kraken kills an unit

vesgouo

Baronet
The general complaint is from the white background.
They made the change to test, but the players did not like it.
Why not modify to a dark color again?

Seriously... this white color hurt the eyes and makes reading difficult. Just Compare.
Why insist?

zmb3is.png

111t1qg.png

DeletedUser

The general complaint is from the white background.
They made the change to test, but the players did not like it.
Why not modify to a dark color again?

Seriously... this white color hurt the eyes and makes reading difficult. Just Compare.
Why insist?
[...]

Good question!
It’s not only the color, there is much more.
Compare the same production. The screenshots are taken from my main world on live and my beta world.

Marmor neu.jpg
Marmor.jpg

Both worlds have advanced marble production. The original layout has a well balanced clear design easy on the eyes including all needed informations. The new Windows imo look like a tentative draft, rough and incomplete, just done in a few minutes. The info about advanced production is missing. It’s not the first time I see a lack of infos. At the new quest window the quest giver’s names are missing, formerly in the headlines and sometimes important i.e. for side and bonus quests.

Btw, on german feedback forum were a lot of complaints about the animations in the quest window, confusing and hard to handle, not eye friendly at all, worst is the recurring quest line. Several players asked to switch that off or give a player option for this, but nothing happened. Not sure whether it was the same here, I was not on beta at this time.

The production windows are the reason for this thread, but there are currently more windows involved like units windows and the like. Lately included new infos at units window are kind of needless, we had them in the context already. Also, all of these additional infos and Features (like highlighting a production) could be done in the traditional design too.

Today I switched to the tavern shop while a boost was running. The sub-window giving me infos about the active boost was in the bright color while the requester about diamonds for a second boost had the original style. The left sub-window looked like a foreign object, not matching design-wise. So will tavern be the next?

I assume, Inno is working on a new design, regardless what players like or not. The Change started with Town Hall (boosts, profile, attachments). Zarok Dai is sometimes working hard to convince beta players how important feedback is and how many times Inno was listening. Well, I’m afraid, in this topic someone made a lonesome decision …

I don’t have problems with diamond buttons. There is a confirmation button in case I hit such a button accidentally and I can cancel. Inno isn’t the Salvation Army, they want and need to make money. In RL I pay for services, so I’d do here when it is worth for me to do so. Unfortunately I didn’t see something except a few GE encounters (5th turn) to use diamonds lately.

When I started in this game a bit more than a year ago (browser version), the well balanced filigree and harmonic design - starting at front page, leading to the town and up to the last tiny window - was one of the reasons to do so, and to stay. There are a lot of games out there with a mix of Comic, Disney, Flintstones and such in juvenile handy style. Believe me, if I’d wanted such a game, I’d chosen one.

It’s the same as in RL, if I want to go to a steak house I do so. When it’s shifting to a veggie restaurant, I change the location.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andi47

Overlord
I don’t have problems with diamond buttons. There is a confirmation button in case I hit such a button accidentally and I can cancel. Inno isn’t the Salvation Army, they want and need to make money. In RL I pay for services, so I’d do here when it is worth for me to do so. Unfortunately I didn’t see something except a few GE encounters (5th turn) to use diamonds lately.

There IS a problem with the diamond buttons in the military buildings:
They are located in the same place as normally the "train unit" buttons are - and they have similar colors as the "train unit" buttons

--> so it looks like they are designed to be accidentally hit (and I think there are still players around with the diamond warning off)

@Zarok Dai @Darkstar @Robert @innogames
No answer to this so far? This practice might even be questionable from a juristic point of view!
I think there is not a problem with the diamond button itself, but there IS a problem with the arrangement, so PLEASE place the diamond button in a way that it does not "impose" the gratis "train" button, but can be clearly distinguished from the "train" button on first glance!!

qaccy

Emperor
There IS a problem with the diamond buttons in the military buildings:
They are located in the same place as normally the "train unit" buttons are - and they have similar colors as the "train unit" buttons

--> so it looks like they are designed to be accidentally hit (and I think there are still players around with the diamond warning off)

No answer to this so far? This practice might even be questionable from a juristic point of view!
I think there is not a problem with the diamond button itself, but there IS a problem with the arrangement, so PLEASE place the diamond button in a way that it does not "impose" the gratis "train" button, but can be clearly distinguished from the "train" button on first glance!!

I don't think it's really that big a deal. The diamond button may be in the same location as the Train button, but an open training slot also has no health bar and has a resource cost displayed. I think those are pretty big indicators of which is which, don't you?

And this part I'm not sure of, but if the 1-5 hotkeys only work to train units and not to heal them, then this could also be used in order to avoid misclicks.

DeletedUser8150

As described by others and I nvr had the bug until the kraken boosts started. I can't sware it happens only when you get the kill though it might be more general.[I wonder does any1 have the bug who doesn't have a kraken?]

Thank you for the visual and the info, both. At least we know what to look for, although at first sight it may not be clear what's causing it (and it may indeed not be related to the Kraken). :)

As qaccy said there is also a linked 'missing' unit bug (seems rarer) where one of your own units disappears from the bar but then reappears on its turn but its a pain/confusing to deal with as you misjudge what you have to fight with.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Personally I don't think it's that big of an issue. Does it require players to actually look at and read the new window layout? Of course it does. However just because a game function changes and players have to use different motions to click in different places in no way implies that the feature was designed to be accidentally clicked.
I will pass your feelings about it along and we'll see what the devs think.
Thanks.

Andi47

Overlord
Personally I don't think it's that big of an issue. Does it require players to actually look at and read the new window layout? Of course it does. However just because a game function changes and players have to use different motions to click in different places in no way implies that the feature was designed to be accidentally clicked.
I will pass your feelings about it along and we'll see what the devs think.
Thanks.

Well - even worse, you don't even need to hit the diamond button for spending diamonds - if you click somewhere on the unit, and it is a unit to be healed where the player might expect a unit to be trained, the player is tricked into spending diamonds. (good that I have activated my diamond use confirmation)

click anywhere around or above the blue arrows for accidentally spending diamonds (if you have the diamond use confirmation off)
Inno_tricking_us_to_spend_diamonds.jpg

Recommendation to all players:
1.) look carefully, and take a second look before you click!!
2.) activate the diamond use confirmation in your settings!!!!

DeletedUser

Well - even worse, you don't even need to hit the diamond button for spending diamonds - if you click somewhere on the unit, and it is a unit to be healed where the player might expect a unit to be trained, the player is tricked into spending diamonds. (good that I have activated my diamond use confirmation)

click anywhere around or above the blue arrows for accidentally spending diamonds (if you have the diamond use confirmation off)
[...]

You are right, that's definitely not ok. Was mentioned somewhere the units window works like that? I didn't know it. The diamond button's effect has to be limited to the area where it is displayed and not to be active elsewhere.

DeletedUser8774

Hi.. the new windows are just terrible.. trust me when i tell you that you are going to have a lot of very angry players if you keep it this way.. im already thinking of finally quitting this game.. the windows hurt my eyes so bad and its hard to see what i need to do. the old one was amazing and does not need to be changed at all.. the new windows look ugly and also will give players a chance to hit the diamond button by mistake.. no need to add that button in the production windows like that.. if you are going to keep the changes then i will have to stop playing this game because my eyes can not deal with it.. please put it back.. thanks.

DeletedUser8774

I don't like the change to the production window. It's extremely bad. It's like someone planned to visually assault me with intent to burn the retinas out of my eyes. It should be against the law to create something so offensive.

BTW, what was wrong with the old window which was much easier on the eyes?
lol.. that was great!! just how i feel!! its horrible!! i dont even want to play in this world anymore.. i hope they put it back right away!

DeletedUser8774

That is definitely an issue and I will let them know tomorrow, thanks.
When will we know if they are keeping the windows this way.. i can hardly do much anymore.. im afraid to even click on any of my buildings because it hurts my eyes and it confuses me.