• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 27th November

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

garazon

Farmer
What were they smoking when they came up with the design for the production menus??! It has to be the most horrific "improvements" I have ever seen here! For the sake of all that is sacred and holy in the land of FoE please don't release this on the live servers!! Not that much feedback has ever been taken seriously, but worth a try. First time I saw it it scared the bejeezus out of me! It may be a little bright but the problem is the size! Dear God I can see it from halfway across the room!

Last edited:

DeletedUser7059

Wmj1.png
I dont like this design.. too big, too awful.

DeletedUser6863

I can't honestly see the problem. You only have the window open for a couple of seconds and then close it. Surely it can't be that bad. I agree I like the old one better but it is not something that you will be looking at for hours. If that was the case then yes it would be a great problem, but a couple of seconds is not a big problem.

DeletedUser7703

If my reading between the lines correctly all these changes to the UI are probably to do with the move to html 5. I would guess there are problems just porting the existing interface to html 5 that causes more work than creating a new interface for all of the existing platforms + html 5. Whatever the case whether I am right or wrong - Inno need suggestions how to improve the new UI not asking to roll back to previous UI.

GidoB

Merchant
If my reading between the lines correctly all these changes to the UI are probably to do with the move to html 5.

Then the INNO should also inform us!
Then you can also make constructive suggestions!

DeletedUser7703

Then the INNO should also inform us!
Then you can also make constructive suggestions!

It doesn't bother me that much - it also has the ability to show you what the current production is, something the old interface didn't. So if I had to choose, I would pick the new interface.

Achaeus

Marquis
Looks like the background was maybe darkened a bit to make it easier to look at, could we maybe go a shade darker, it would really help.

DeletedUser5439

I only play on a browser. And I used to buy diamonds, but since Inno seems to ignore the legitimate complaints of its customers, I am likely not to whip out the plastic for them in the future. Like many FoE players, I'm not a spring chicken anymore, not even a summer one, and for those of us with old eyes, the glare of the production menu is uncomfortable in the very least. The message system is not so bad because we are typing on it and the characters we are using are entirely alphanumeric and black. I think reducing the size of the production menu and ditching the cutesy little graphics (when did FoE decide to merge with Elvenar? It's getting more like a fantasy novel every day...) would help, but certainly toning down the background would be a start. I play 12 worlds in total, and have been playing since Brisgard was a new world. And my old favourite game, prior to FoE, and not an Inno game, is looking better and better all the time. THEY don't constantly play with the graphics.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Looks like the background was maybe darkened a bit to make it easier to look at, could we maybe go a shade darker, it would really help.
The background hasn't been changed much, or at least not in any way drastically. :) There was an issue with the icons where they appeared pixelated, and that has now been corrected.

It appears very subtle (see BEFORE and AFTER) but with multiple icons on a window I think it makes a difference. Personally I also think it points that the background by itself isn't such a big problem (similarly colored backgrounds are used elsewhere), but it's maybe the color of the text and similar which you feel makes thing unappealing to look at. Could be just my own opinion though.

DeletedUser3741

I can't honestly see the problem. You only have the window open for a couple of seconds and then close it. Surely it can't be that bad. I agree I like the old one better but it is not something that you will be looking at for hours. If that was the case then yes it would be a great problem, but a couple of seconds is not a big problem.

Its not have to do with how many time you look the new window.. But with the sudden opening of a brighter area on your screen.. High contrast areas can cause eyes problem.

Part of a web page about CVS (Computer Vision Syndrome)
"Your eyes react to changing images on the screen to create so your brain can process what you’re seeing. All these jobs require a lot of effort from your eye muscles. And to make things worse, unlike a book or piece of paper, the screen adds contrast, flicker, and glare."

DeletedUser7139

If you had macular degeneration like I do, you would experience eye pain every time you open the production window now, X the # of buildings you have, X the number of cities you have. Even squinting it burn an image into the retina that lasts for hours. I can only do 24 hr production now to minimize the pain and if they don't go back to the old screen, I will have to quit this game that I have spend a lot of time and money on. Is anyone from Inno reading these comments? Because I have not seen one positive feedback for this crap, but the BIG BRIGHT BABYISH windows are still here. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE IT.

Andi47

Overlord
If you had macular degeneration like I do, you would experience eye pain every time you open the production window now, X the # of buildings you have, X the number of cities you have. Even squinting it burn an image into the retina that lasts for hours. I can only do 24 hr production now to minimize the pain and if they don't go back to the old screen, I will have to quit this game that I have spend a lot of time and money on. Is anyone from Inno reading these comments? Because I have not seen one positive feedback for this crap, but the BIG BRIGHT BABYISH windows are still here. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE IT.

@innogames @Zarok Dai @Darkstar this is an argument to urgently bring back the old production window with a hotfix!

DeletedUser6863

Thank you El3ctroh3ad and Csernya for explaining the problems. I m sure it helps everyone understand why the change is not a good one for certain players. Although I don't have any visual problems it helps to understand why players complain about certain changes. I hope that Inno take note of this and change it back to the old one. I will now back the change back to the old one.

DeletedUser8150

Thank you El3ctroh3ad and Csernya for explaining the problems. I m sure it helps everyone understand why the change is not a good one for certain players. Although I don't have any visual problems it helps to understand why players complain about certain changes. I hope that Inno take note of this and change it back to the old one. I will now back the change back to the old one.

I do find the 'bright' settings strain my eyes as well. Its quite glary and worse late at night when I can't even turn on 'night mode' like I can with my general web settings.

DeletedUser3741

The background hasn't been changed much, or at least not in any way drastically. :) .................. but it's maybe the color of the text and similar which you feel makes thing unappealing to look at. Could be just my own opinion though.

The background hasn't changed drastically ? Do we play a different game ? o_O

OLD (Local Server)
zmb3is.png

NEW (Beta Server)
111t1qg.png

DeletedUser8150

:(

OLD (Local Server)
zmb3is.png

NEW (Beta Server)
111t1qg.png

A remark someone who doesn't have sight problems can easily make.:(

ZENA

Marquis
Since this new update for the production and barracks i also can't to any thing properly
Since this update i have migraines every time i finish make some production or units.
I's seriously consider not to make any goods or production or units and this will hamper my enjoyment of the game.
MOST OF ALL MY HEALTH IS MORE IMPORTED
and my progress. You will think bah its my problem NO ehhhhhh you wrong
as i can't progress it will have a ripple effect. i can't help my guild, can't help friends.
And think about it if more of us go the more the ripple effect become a tsunami.
How is the saying go
it take more money to attract new customer's
It cost less money to keep the old customer's happy

DeletedUser

Darkstar meant that the background has not changed since we released the new window, not that it had not changed from the old window.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames

OLD (Local Server)
zmb3is.png

NEW (Beta Server)
111t1qg.png
No, but we're apparently reading different things. I have literally included a before / after screenshot version of what I'm talking about in the very same response you've quoted. You could at least read it fully instead of making an assumption as to what I'm talking about. :)