• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 27th November

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

"Released the new Production Window"

There are a few postings already on last week's Feedback thread (#14 - #17)

New color scheme is horrible for productions - the light background makes it extremely hard to read anything and with the layout changing slightly as well it makes it very hard to see the available options and what it is I'm going to be producing. [..]

I agree strongly with this comment. This is not an improvement!

I agree completely!
Sadly it seems it's intended to redesign all possible windows? In the menu window for units it's the same.

We had well designed clear arranged menu windows for productions, goods, units. The new menu windows are not only not an improvement, I think this design is a big retrograde step, oversized with too large Icons, confusing, imo plain crude and ugly.

Horrible change to the production menu windows, they're now difficult to read despite the huge size.... why waste time and effort fixing things that aren't broken when the things that really do need fixing are ignored

Yes, horrible, nothing to add.

DeletedUser8277

The new production window is quite bad. Because of it's pointlessly huge size it now takes twice as long to process, read and make a choice. I'm all for aesthetic changes but when an aesthetic change not only looks worse than what was there before but also is harder to visually process it is in no way an improvement.

vesgouo

Baronet
I also hated.
They clearly highlighted the DIAMOND button in a ridiculous way. Now I have to be very careful not to accidentally click on this big sized DIAMOND button.
And the remaining time to complete production, which isone of the most important information, was the smallest thing in the window.
So far only complaints. Nobody liked it.
but we know that our opinions will not matter and change will be implemented anyway...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You want an idea?
Here's one:

AUTO RECICLE production
(Like houses, just colect, no need to re-select every time the same production):

8aO2TdT.jpg

Just for the record:
This has been suggested for more than 2 years on this topic:
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...ral-suggestions-for-the-game.4066/#post-23610

And linked again here:

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/things-to-change-in-the-game.6648/

Let´s decrease unnecessary clicks?
Make that change and let's see the players' opinions.

Last edited:

ZENA

Marquis
But again what u expect from company that does not understand the meaning of
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Do i need to spell it out for you how it works

RedRed

Viceroy
I've had to log twice to notice where the descriptions of production buildings were moved, totally missed at first glance... too small, bad color choice :confused:

OlKTUzs.png

As positive thing, now you can access barracks while training units, that makes easier to evaluate in any moment the attached units status... but if there is one unit in training you can't heal the damaged ones (by design? You can do it from the army window, though).

DeletedUser6484

I don't like the change to the production window. It's extremely bad. It's like someone planned to visually assault me with intent to burn the retinas out of my eyes. It should be against the law to create something so offensive.

BTW, what was wrong with the old window which was much easier on the eyes?

DeletedUser7139

I agree with all comments on the new production window - it is HORRIBLE, PAINFUL, CHILDISH, STUPID!!! I have AMD and the huge window with the HORRIBLY BRIGHT BACKGROUND is so painful to my eyes I had to close one eye and squint with the other one to get through resetting productions. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT IMPLEMENT THIS!!!! IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!! The old one was much easier to read and had all the info needed to collect and reset productions. If I have to look at this new screen on 5 cities that are heavy on production, it will be the end of FoE for me. If the programmers want to monkey with a window, put a 5 FP option on the GB FP donation screen - there is plenty of room to reduce the size of the 1 and 10 FP buttons to make room for a very useful 5 FP button.

qaccy

Emperor
Looks like the next part of the slow-moving UI update, if you ask me. First it was messages, then it was quests, then it was GBs, now it's productions. The old, dark, 'wooden' look is slowly being abandoned in favor of the newer, lighter, 'parchment' look one window at a time. I don't think this is something that's going to be reverted based on the fact that it's been coming to the game in pieces for over a year now, and it's most likely going to continue with the trader, inventory, and probably army management windows eventually being updated as well.

With that being said, I think the developers would be looking for feedback on how to improve this new look, but specifically NOT going back to the old window.

RKinG

Squire
There must be a distinction between the game button (new Production Window) and the premium button. Use for both a same button is commercial fraud, because it induces the consumer to make the mistake. Gaming companies were sentenced for these practices.

I had a 500 dia damage on this game because of amisleading button. The French administrator refused me reimbursement of the damage. Two weeks later due to other complaints and return the diamonds.

Ask the Innogame lawyers concerning german jurisprudence

and give feedback !

Last edited:

sirblu

Baronet
"Released the new Production Window"

There are a few postings already on last week's Feedback thread (#14 - #17)

I agree completely!
Sadly it seems it's intended to redesign all possible windows? In the menu window for units it's the same.

We had well designed clear arranged menu windows for productions, goods, units. The new menu windows are not only not an improvement, I think this design is a big retrograde step, oversized with too large Icons, confusing, imo plain crude and ugly.

Yes, horrible, nothing to add.
Absolutely Horrible and Juvenile! The prior windows were much better, smaller, easier to read. Why on earth is INNO wasting valuable time and resources changing things that are just fine in lieu of fixing the existing problems in the game? Please put the windows back the way they used to be. This change is SO bad.

DeletedUser6105

Completely agree with all that's been said. The dark background is restful to read and classy. The pale is dreadful.
And the change in size is bad. All makes it harder.
just change for change's sake - brings no advantages.

DeletedUser

my eyes is suffering and with this rate you will loos more players and that means lesssssss INCOME
can you maybe calm down a bit?

are you familiar with the message center? have you ever written a message before? the colors in the message center are brighter:
lolmyeyes.jpg

feedback: just decrease the size of the icons in the speech bubbles for both goods and supply windows, please. 70% would look okay.
also, maybe add the hint that you can produce goods at full rate back (the thing that was on the top).

agramer66

Steward
Why on earth is INNO wasting valuable time and resources changing things that are just fine in lieu of fixing the existing problems in the game?

Probably because it can be better seen on phones and tablets...
It seems that Inno thinks that browser-players are a species on the brink of extinction and the future lies in app-players.
Inno, app-players can play wherever they can, but FoE is much too demanding to be played on a small display 5 minutes at a time for a longer period of time. There are many apps which, while perhaps not as complex, offer much funnier 5 minutes of your time and can be played occasionally. With FoE, you have to play regularly if you don't want all your productions to be collected by other players;), and I don't think that app-players have a stamina for that.
I also have a smartphone, but I played FoE on it just once! It may be OK for collecting your productions (I find it too time consuming and much too difficult to collect everything in a controlled manner, you're pressing something wrong all too often), but only as a help when you're not at home.

So, feedback...
Awful, my predecessors said it already, it is too bright, too big and it looks cheap (although I'm sure it costed enough to develop).