• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 19th June

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

podkap1970

Emperor
the army management is very slow (since today?), especially when you change it to unattached units, and i'm not talking about the AA map
anyone else have this ?
changing from attached units to unattached units takes 3-4 sec, i never had this before, atleast not that bad

another question, is there still a limit of units you can have/hold, as it was 1-2 years ago ?, where you had to delete units otherwise the player could not play anymore ?

and since 1-2 weeks i have problems to reach the beta forum website, it takes very long to response

Edit: i don't wanna say its unplayable, but its a real pain (doing the GE atm)

Last edited:

DeletedUser5429

the army management is very slow (since today?), especially when you change it to unattached units, and i'm not talking about the AA map
anyone else have this ?
changing from attached units to unattached units takes 3-4 sec, i never had this before, atleast not that bad

another question, is there still a limit of units you can have/hold, as it was 1-2 years ago ?, where you had to delete units otherwise the player could not play anymore ?
For me it has "always" been very long when the filter is either on all or unattached units.
I think it is just due to the number of unattached units you have.
When I had "only" 2000 unattached units it was already quite long. :(

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
Yes today
It's too late
To load the choice of army
I did three times a re-start
to play to map Guild Expedition
after the first battle it's ok ?? **
** it's ok = To change 2 injured military units
I have to wait 39 ''

Last edited:

podkap1970

Emperor
please reverse this, whatever you have done today
yesterday everything was fine with the army management, but now its not anymore

DeletedUser

We are aware of the issue with army management being unresponsive, and it is being worked on to get it resolved.

DeletedUser7779

Sorry for posting here but couldn't reply to the announcement about changelog 1.104
"The Lord's Manor now produces twice the amount of coins when motivated but can also now be plundered by other players."

What does that mean? That it can plundered even if motivated?

Also:
"Under certain circumstances, the game could get unresponsive. We found a reason for that to happen and fixed it. The game performance in some browsers is now better."

Could you please give more details on which browsers you're referring to? I was once advised by support to use Ice Dragon but honestly it's been terrible, way worse than Firefox.

RedRed

Viceroy
I was once advised by support to use Ice Dragon but honestly it's been terrible, way worse than Firefox.
Ice Dragon is based on Firefox, hence if you have performance issues with Firefox most likely you will have the same even with this browser or even with Waterfox.
In my experience graphical performance issues (f.e. lag effects while drag the city) it depends on browser, or better it depends on the drivers that the graphical acceleration set for the browser is forced to use (by the FoE devs or by browser optimization, I don't know for sure).
For example on my laptop currently all Firefox based browsers are smooth like a glow because they use DirectX rendering (apart cache issues and blue shields of death in GvG), while all chromium derived browsers (chrome, opera, vivaldi, maxthon, ...) uses OpenGL and are barely usable. In the same laptop another hdd with same operative system but older video drivers at the opposite worked smooth with chrome/opera and worst with firefox (tested at the same time).

DeletedUser7779

Ice Dragon is based on Firefox, hence if you have performance issues with Firefox most likely you will have the same even with this browser or even with Waterfox.
In my experience graphical performance issues (f.e. lag effects while drag the city) it depends on browser, or better it depends on the drivers that the graphical acceleration set for the browser is forced to use (by the FoE devs or by browser optimization, I don't know for sure).
For example on my laptop currently all Firefox based browsers are smooth like a glow because they use DirectX rendering (apart cache issues and blue shields of death in GvG), while all chromium derived browsers (chrome, opera, vivaldi, maxthon, ...) uses OpenGL and are barely usable. In the same laptop another hdd with same operative system but older video drivers at the opposite worked smooth with chrome/opera and worst with firefox (tested at the same time).
I'm very well aware Ice dragon is a daughter company of Firefox and so is Waterfox. I've tried all of these, and also Opera and Chrome. My problem is that all of a sudden I started lagging like a year ago. I contacted support and they told me to use ice dragon. Funny thing is I really used ice dragon for like a month before that. That's why I am wondering if performance issues have really been improved. Just for the sake of testing i downloaded opera today and played at reset. No improvements regarding lag imo.

RedRed

Viceroy
Sorry for posting here but couldn't reply to the announcement about changelog 1.104
"The Lord's Manor now produces twice the amount of coins when motivated but can also now be plundered by other players."

What does that mean? That it can plundered even if motivated?

Also:
"Under certain circumstances, the game could get unresponsive. We found a reason for that to happen and fixed it. The game performance in some browsers is now better."

Could you please give more details on which browsers you're referring to?
Second to this.

We are testing some new things with our quest overview. Existing players will not notice any changes yet (it will only affect new players right now), and I will have more information on this soon
still waiting :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I think it was that some browsers may now run better than others on some systems, but I do not know of a specific list of browsers.

still waiting :rolleyes:

I will let you all know when we expand the test on this :)

RedRed

Viceroy
I think it was that some browsers may now run better than others on some systems, but I do not know of a specific list of browsers.
Hard to check what is claimed to be fixed/improved if log is so generic :(

I will let you all know when we expand the test on this :)
Thank you.

The Lord's Manor now produces twice the amount of coins when motivated but can also now be plundered by other players.
About Lord's Manor, is this now the only building plunderable when motivated? Or wasn't plunderable before this update? (wiki says it was plunderable when no motivated)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

About Lord's Manor, is this now the only building plunderable when motivated? Or wasn't plunderable before this update? (wiki says it was plunderable when no motivated)

As I understand it they made it so it can be plundered so it could be motivated, but not that it could be plundered while motivated. I will test it to be sure.