• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 14th January

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

New graphics for Notre Dame hehe
Graphics workers are bored coz the programmers aint making any progress in game developing, most likely due to HTML5 problems though.

DeletedUser9570

I think I prefer the old layout for the babel tower. There was no need at all to change the graphics.

DeletedUser7959

Lmao, I thought that the new Babel is an overgrowth lvl2 Victory tower.
I like the new version of St. Mark and CdM. Not sure if that was really necessary to do.
// Pictures need to be updated. That was a challenge to find a Notre Dame in someone's city.

Andi47

Overlord
Babel, CdM, Dresden, St. Mark's and Notre Dame :)

Notre Dame should not just be graphically redesigned, it should be rebalanced (i.e. a HUGE increase of its bonus). As of now it is by far the worst GB in the game - completely useless above EMA. (a motivated or St.Mark's boosted production building plus a polished cultural building give more benefit at the same (or less) area. Do not waste any FP for leveling up Notre Dame - the FP are by far better used in (almost*) any other GB.

* exception: Colloseum (a few Medals? ridiculous, a few victory towers are by far better and just need a tiny spot), Atomium (one can / should demolish it as soon as reaching the Arctic Future)

DeletedUser

Atomium (one can / should demolish it as soon as reaching the Arctic Future)

Wouldnt that be a bad idea "if" new GvG maps pops up soon ;-)
Edit: I demolished mine, but i wouldnt advice others to do so, without telling them that new maps may or may not come to the game.

Andi47

Overlord
Wouldnt that be a bad idea "if" new GvG maps pops up soon ;-)

That's a very big IF. I haven't seen any update to GvG since years.... (and even bugfixes* are veeeery slow, if any)

* for at least a dozen bugs, most of them known since 2016 or 2017. Is GvG dying?

DeletedUser

Is GvG dying?

My gues is:
Back when we got the AA map in GvG they said that it would be the last map.
Back then they knew that they had to remake everything into HTML5 and no more GvG maps (promist) would make sense at that point.
They didnt know back then if they could make it work better in HTML, so saying "no more" insted of maybe in 2-3 years would be the right thing to go out with even "if" they had plans for more.

When they added the viking stuff to beta there was a file with "GvG free for all" or something like that, and there has been hint about it too, but vage hint, and it might only be that GvG will be on mobile too, we dont know for sure if its one thing or the other.

DeletedUser

The GvG bugs not fixed might also be coz of HTML, GvG is a big part of the programming, so they might have said, lets fix the map so it works, but lets wait until HTML with the minor bugs, its to big a job to do twice.

kaymedic

Marquis
I hate the new design for the tower of babel. The old one was iconic looking. The new one looks like a modernish tower. Some little changes like for the other GBs would have been enough. Luckily I do not have one in my main city, but I would consider changing it again to be more in line with the others.

Andi47

Overlord
Two points:
* no updates (yet?) in the GB icons (global ranking list of GBs) and in the blueprint graphics
* why can't i search for a certain GB in the global ranking list of GBs? It is not so easy to find e.g. a Notre Dame on the server (this one is only built by newbies who don't know about its uselessness, by aestetic builders and by GB collerctors who want to have them all). And - it would be interesting to look what is the highest GB of a certain type on the server.