• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 11th December

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8150

I've said this before but just occasionally it might be interesting to just have a hint of what some of the back end is - prep work for html5?

OT: Having a v tight GE race among the guilds selected last week I did wonder are we ever going to get anything new in GE (a lvl 5 has been asked before) or anything new to build or buy on the tavern.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I've said this before but just occasionally it might be interesting to just have a hint of what some of the back end is - prep work for html5?

Back end content is a rather broad term to refer to many different types of things.
Yes it can be things related to the HTML5 transition, but can also be assets and content for future release, technical improvements in the code, data handling improvements and so on.
As many of these things can be difficult to explain to the community, and you will never notice any impact on the player side of the game, it is often simpler to just refer to back end content.

DeletedUser7858

***Diamond and victory expansions now also have a counter to show you how many you are able to place.***

The game was released on April 17, 2012. For 5 years "we" have gotten along without a counter. Now it's a good idea and just a quick little fix in the "Building Menu" would have done it. But no, not good enough, now we get a little fence graphic showing us where we can place an expansion, (Guess we're just to stupid to know any better) AND as a topper we get one of those Big White Ugly Pop-Up screen showing us what's in the Building Menu. Redundant, Redundant, Redundant. Just like the Pop-Ups when using the "AID" button. When we use the "AID" we don;t care if we're Motivating or Polishing and the person's name is right there in front of us right where the "AID" button is.... Redundant, Redundant, Redundant,

We are NOT a bunch of 8 year old kiddies. Stop trying to non enhance the game by walking it backwards. If your that bored, work on new ages for players to shoot for.

DeletedUser

next on the 5 year old ideas list:
show from which barrack the units are

DeletedUser5429

Undocumented change :

When aborting recurring quest, the new recurring quest takes some time to appear.
Before, there was an empty space, and the new quest appeared in that space.
Consequently, the buttons were not always at the same place vertically.

Now, the empty space left by the previous quest first disappears, then the new quest appears.
Consequences :
  1. the buttons stay almost at the same place vertically => good !
  2. you have the impression of a "blink" because all the quests block move down then up => not so good...

DeletedUser

But no, not good enough, now we get a little fence graphic showing us where we can place an expansion, (Guess we're just to stupid to know any better)

Not everything is added for the benefit of end tech players. It's possible some changes are made for the sake of new players as well.

DeletedUser7858

So if I understand you correctly, for 5 years players were bright, intelligent and leaned from the tutorial on how and when to place an expansion. That new players... Not so much?

I'm being a bit mean with those last words, but for good reason. You have been around long enough to know that instead of enhancing game play - address certain long term bugs, etc... they seem to be dumbing down the game. Players (old and new) no longer have the intelligence to figure out the simplest things. That double even triple redundancies are now required specially on some useless/pointless things.

Once this "We Need to Spoon Feed All Everything" is actually the downfall of most games. It won't matter how much TV advertising "they" do, when someone new logs on FoE and sees that it is nothing nothing like the ads, with all these silly things the devs are dropping in, over time, it will become nothing more than a "kiddie" game.

I like FoE - I am here in Beta for a reason - I could list the names of at least 7 MMORPG's that have fallen by the way side for some very reasons I have listed. Over time you'll see people start to leave and new ones just drop out. Keep the common sense aspect alive, stop this "spoon feeding" most folk can figure things out for themselves. Treat them like 8 year olds and that's what you will end up with.

DeletedUser

I appreciate your points and am happy to pass them along.
Personally I like the little for sale signs on the expansions, but I am easily amused sometimes ;)

Lighthouse197

Farmer
Pathfinder
I have to agree with SamLatoo - I think the sale signs on the expansion grid are cartoonish and childish. It has been my experience in the 2 years I have been playing this game that most players are adults, not kids. We really don't need this type of graphic - do something that improves the game.

DeletedUser4381

I appreciate your points and am happy to pass them along.
Personally I like the little for sale signs on the expansions, but I am easily amused sometimes ;)

Why have a for sale sign on each "plot"? If I click one of them, supposedly to buy it, I'm still prompted where to place the expansion once I choose the payment method.