• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Oceanic Future Part 4

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8471

Why didn't we get a new Def% GB anytime recently? I know we have the Ritual Flames and stuff but wouldn't it make sense to have 3 Att% and 3 Def% GBs?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Why didn't we get a new Def% GB anytime recently? I know we have the Ritual Flames and stuff but wouldn't it make sense to have 3 Att% and 3 Def% GBs?

A couple thoughts:
1) they might want to overall give advantage to the attacker as people who do attack make the game interactive - stacking watchfires is not the same thing as hitting like a truck with maxed defense GBs.
2) most players don't go for the defense GBs anyways - they take space, few people attack anyways except for early age hoods where you have more eager players, and you can protect your stuff by collecting on time (edit: or now by using tavern buff)

DeletedUser8273

A couple thoughts:
1) they might want to overall give advantage to the attacker as people who do attack make the game interactive - stacking watchfires is not the same thing as hitting like a truck with maxed defense GBs.
2) most players don't go for the defense GBs anyways - they take space, few people attack anyways except for early age hoods where you have more eager players, and you can protect your stuff by collecting on time (edit: or now by using tavern buff)
exually, people build defence GBs. but... BUT from the CE balance completly shift to attacker. As a result players try to build ONLY buildings that can not be plundered.
i use this math 10% attack = 50% defence. and this formula:) works perfectly for me (in all situations:D).
new GB make almost entire defence useless. Attacker wins at any cost. good job, Inno:mad:

qaccy

Emperor
new GB make almost entire defence useless. Attacker wins at any cost. good job, Inno:mad:

I don't really follow how the Kraken suddenly makes defense irrelevant, or at least makes defending any worse than how it already is. Until you reach Oceanic Future and unlock Turturrets, any attacker using rogues is essentially guaranteed a victory no matter what defense they're going up against, even with an age disadvantage. It has to be something extremely lopsided like an attacker using hover tanks and you using rail guns for defense but even that requires a pretty hefty defensive bonus. The Kraken may make it marginally easier for attackers in the neighborhood, provided they're actually using the Kraken's bonus for that purpose, but in my opinion defending is kind of already a lost cause until something's done about rogues so it's barely a blip on the radar.

DeletedUser8150

I don't really follow how the Kraken suddenly makes defense irrelevant, or at least makes defending any worse than how it already is. Until you reach Oceanic Future and unlock Turturrets, any attacker using rogues is essentially guaranteed a victory no matter what defense they're going up against, even with an age disadvantage. It has to be something extremely lopsided like an attacker using hover tanks and you using rail guns for defense but even that requires a pretty hefty defensive bonus. The Kraken may make it marginally easier for attackers in the neighborhood, provided they're actually using the Kraken's bonus for that purpose, but in my opinion defending is kind of already a lost cause until something's done about rogues so it's barely a blip on the radar.

Certainly in OF now its far more attritional on units for high numbers of attacks without the rogues.

Lionhead

Baronet
I´m sure a lot of OF3-players rushed through tech of OF4. Well, I was one of them, anyway.
A few days after, I got a side-quest of spending 300 orichalcum (should probably have been spelled with a capitol "o").
I know it´s only a side quest and can be aborted. I know it only gives 765 Medals (with a lvl 11 CF). And Medals seems to be hated by all Beta-players, since IG was convinced to change Kraken.
Nevertheless, though having been done with OF3 for a long time, I must be the only one still in need of Medals, thus wanting to complete this side quest. Btw. I like to complete all quest, not really taking into account if it´s worth the trouble or not.
I also like to fight my way though the continent map.
So that leaves me negotiating i GE in order to spend my 300 Orichalcum.

Is my only option to get through this, to wait 4 months untill OF5 gets released so I can spend 300 doing tech, is it IG´s intention to have me abort this side quest, or do they want me to go against my beliefs and negotiate on the continent map?
Or would it be possible to have this side quest appear earlier, so it´s guaranteed to come while I still had techs in OF4 to research, or possibly just change the side quest to Collect 300 Orichalcum (or an even higher number - 600?).

qaccy

Emperor
I´m sure a lot of OF3-players rushed through tech of OF4. Well, I was one of them, anyway.
A few days after, I got a side-quest of spending 300 orichalcum (should probably have been spelled with a capitol "o").
I know it´s only a side quest and can be aborted. I know it only gives 765 Medals (with a lvl 11 CF). And Medals seems to be hated by all Beta-players, since IG was convinced to change Kraken.
Nevertheless, though having been done with OF3 for a long time, I must be the only one still in need of Medals, thus wanting to complete this side quest. Btw. I like to complete all quest, not really taking into account if it´s worth the trouble or not.

Is my only option to get through this, to wait 4 months untill OF5 gets released so I can spend 300 doing tech, is it IG´s intention to have me abort this side quest, or do they want me to go against my beliefs and negotiate on the continent map?
Or would it be possible to have this side quest appear earlier, so it´s guaranteed to come while I still had techs in OF4 to research, or possibly just change the side quest to Collect 300 Orichalcum (or an even higher number - 600?).

I'd actually take issue with the reward itself, though you have valid concerns over the placement of the quest as well. 765 medals is a paltry amount in OF, even compared to random rewards. That means a 300 base reward, while a random reward quest can award 1300 and is generally much cheaper or even free to complete in order to try winning them (and is much more impacted by the Chateau bonus). My question for @Darkstar or @Robert or any of the other Inno posters who visit these threads is: Why are one-time medal rewards from quests so significantly low even in the later ages? It could be argued that since you're not paying the resources into the quest itself that the reward is essentially 'free', but when a quest provides such a low reward it's not very appealing to complete it, even if it can be done in the course of normal play with no special considerations made. Adding a 0 to some of these rewards is probably excessive in some cases, but I think some quest rewards could definitely use further evaluation.

DeletedUser5902

Do Rail-guns ignore Nautilus Force field as they do Reactive Armour?

DeletedUser8150

Maybe talk to support they might take pity on you :)

Any1 found a use for th new ranged unit yet? I can't see whn i'd use it atm?

qaccy

Emperor
Maybe talk to support they might take pity on you :)

Any1 found a use for th new ranged unit yet? I can't see whn i'd use it atm?

My insight tells me the Nautilus is probably intended to be an 'upgrade' to subs against both artillery and light units. The Manta matchup is the most dubious case, but against artillery units and Dragon Drones the Contact ability of the sub is not very useful compared to the Nautilus knocking 2 damage off of each hit. This is going to have applications not only when using them but also (perhaps more importantly) when facing them as opponents. For example, while it's sometimes possible to brute force your way past an army containing a few subs using turtles, it's going to be much harder to do so against the Nautilus because you're probably only going to be hitting them for 1-3 damage in places like GE.

EDIT: After more consideration, I have to add in that I still think the Nautilus' terrain bonuses are very lackluster because of how rare those terrain types are, so paired with the subs' much better bonuses and the fact that it has dug in the Nautilus may not have that much defensive advantage after all. Would it be possible to have these re-evaluated or at least make those terrain types slightly more common so that they're actually usable? Other units would benefit from this as well!

Last edited:

You try beating 8 CE or TE champs with 500%+ def bonus with same age units, and then tell us how it went

qaccy

Emperor
You try beating 8 CE or TE champs with 500%+ def bonus with same age units, and then tell us how it went

You didn't really dispute my point, you know. See that part where I said 'something extremely lopsided' is still possible to defend? Yeah, that. Maybe you missed it when you decided to pipe up?

It's also worth mentioning that the Kraken still has no impact in those situations either because even 7 units in such a lopsided battle are probably going to beat you.

maxbergheim

Squire
it was right to improve the kraken. but now I think it's too powerful, I'm 2 super bonuses! maybe you can keep the same bonus types but less powerful. there are GB too little powerful while this is too much, you should balance things

DeletedUser8071

it was right to improve the kraken. but now I think it's too powerful, I'm 2 super bonuses! maybe you can keep the same bonus types but less powerful. there are GB too little powerful while this is too much, you should balance things
What you wrote makes no sense at all because getting fp is nice but is not 1 per level and the gbs are high in most worlds so we need the fp income more than ever. Fighters love new boost so its a win win for us all. People that cant push gbs always want to rebalance something to a lesser value. Get serious!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
What you wrote makes no sense at all because getting fp is nice but is not 1 per level and the gbs are high in most worlds so we need the fp income more than ever. Fighters love new boost so its a win win for us all. People that cant push gbs always want to rebalance something to a lesser value. Get serious!

Quite to the contrary, people who do have their buildings high need the FP less than ever - generating a few hundred daily from collections, and sometimes thousands more from using their arc aggressively. All having FP on the Kraken does for people who are playing the GB game is make it easier to justify levelling high.

For overall popularity though, FP will make everyone want one - which is good for OF goods value. But it is a little sad that it comes to this to create that popularity.

DeletedUser8150

My insight tells me the Nautilus is probably intended to be an 'upgrade' to subs against both artillery and light units. The Manta matchup is the most dubious case, but against artillery units and Dragon Drones the Contact ability of the sub is not very useful compared to the Nautilus knocking 2 damage off of each hit. This is going to have applications not only when using them but also (perhaps more importantly) when facing them as opponents. For example, while it's sometimes possible to brute force your way past an army containing a few subs using turtles, it's going to be much harder to do so against the Nautilus because you're probably only going to be hitting them for 1-3 damage in places like GE.

EDIT: After more consideration, I have to add in that I still think the Nautilus' terrain bonuses are very lackluster because of how rare those terrain types are, so paired with the subs' much better bonuses and the fact that it has dug in the Nautilus may not have that much defensive advantage after all. Would it be possible to have these re-evaluated or at least make those terrain types slightly more common so that they're actually usable? Other units would benefit from this as well!

Thanks for that - I had the same general feeling but you never know if some1 has seen a niche use that I might have missed.