• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Oceanic Future Part 4

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7942

Has it been posted yet when The Kraken will be available on the Live servers? If not can someone guesstamate roughly when it might be available?
OF4/Kraken Hasn't been on Beta a week yet, so 1-3 weeks guessing?

DeletedUser8471

Any idea why the Kraken bonus is not viewable on mobile app yet? It showed the medal one, and then switched to the fp one when that was changed. It also brings me to a loading screen anytime I view the Kraken GB interface window

qaccy

Emperor
No need to counter with anything, not everyone plays the same so Kraken may be more useful in GvG to some than others, same for PvP, GE and cMap. If they could make Kraken apply to these area separately as opposed to lumping them all together and trying to balance a GB around that lump then I think it would make more sense.

I'm merely pointing out that there's not really any reason to do so. It actually makes more sense to keep it as-is as there isn't any other GB that provides different effects based on which part of the game you're looking at. Other hypothetical examples would be the Seed Vault providing a different chance of activating depending on whether you're aiding a neighbor, friend, or guildmate, Zeus providing differing bonuses depending on where you're battling, or the Chateau having a different bonus % depending on whether it's a recurring or story quest, or even having differing %s depending on the reward itself. Why make it more complicated?

Any idea why the Kraken bonus is not viewable on mobile app yet? It showed the medal one, and then switched to the fp one when that was changed. It also brings me to a loading screen anytime I view the Kraken GB interface window

I would assume it's because, as mentioned in the announcement, parts of OF4 may not work properly on mobile until the app has been updated as well. If it's already been updated as of OF4's release, then it's a bug and should be reported!

maxbergheim

Squire
the number of battles in the kraken seems to me adequate. the medals seem to me a ridiculous bonus, I think that as a second bonus would be a% bonus of materials. I see that you have added other expansions: I know that all they want but I think the villages are now too large and too many expansions. you have to choose the buildings you want to build: you can not build everything

DeletedUser7942

I'm merely pointing out that there's not really any reason to do so. It actually makes more sense to keep it as-is as there isn't any other GB that provides different effects based on which part of the game you're looking at. Other hypothetical examples would be the Seed Vault providing a different chance of activating depending on whether you're aiding a neighbor, friend, or guildmate, Zeus providing differing bonuses depending on where you're battling, or the Chateau having a different bonus % depending on whether it's a recurring or story quest, or even having differing %s depending on the reward itself. Why make it more complicated?

I suppose the concept may mean more complication for devs but that shouldn't really be the main concern from a player's perspective and complexity or nuance does not necessarily mean complicated for either devs or players. I'm not sure why a new GB has to behave like other GB's just because those other GB's function that way. Your Zeus is example is more inline with the concept and to me makes sense, I mean if they want to make some aspect of the game more difficult than another or make it more useable in one area than another that could very well be an option, which could also be dependent of the players own advancement. I think also as time goes on and more gets added to the game it makes more sense to try to design GB's around certain playstyles and varying parts of the game rather than trying to balance the GB itself with regards to the game as a whole because in one area it might do good but in another useless, why not make a GB so it has more utility to varying play styles and varying aspects of the game when it affects those aspects differently?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I suppose the concept may mean more complication for devs but that shouldn't really be the main concern from a player's perspective and complexity or nuance does not necessarily mean complicated for either devs or players. I'm not sure why a new GB has to behave like other GB's just because those other GB's function that way. Your Zeus is example is more inline with the concept and to me makes sense, I mean if they want to make some aspect of the game more difficult than another or make it more useable in one area than another that could very well be an option, which could also be dependent of the players own advancement. I think also as time goes on and more gets added to the game it makes more sense to try to design GB's around certain playstyles and varying parts of the fame rather than trying to balance the GB itself with regards to the game as a whole because in one area it might do good but in another useless, why not make a GB so it has more utility to varying play styles and varying aspects of the game when it affects those aspects differently?

As much as some players might not have an issue straightening out the nuances of a more complex building and evaluating them - many others would see a wall of conditional text and feel it too complicated. Complications to figure out should come from overall strategy not from a single building's situational usage text. If the details of the current Kraken are that it's not that good for heavy GvG fighters, it's not the end of the world - there's like 20 of those on most servers. There's thousands of people who do light GvG, and/or GE, and/or fight their continent. Adding special conditional usage to make it more useful for people who do hundreds of fights is really not necessary.

DeletedUser7942

As much as some players might not have an issue straightening out the nuances of a more complex building and evaluating them - many others would see a wall of conditional text and feel it too complicated. Complications to figure out should come from overall strategy not from a single building's situational usage text. If the details of the current Kraken are that it's not that good for heavy GvG fighters, it's not the end of the world - there's like 20 of those on most servers. There's thousands of people who do light GvG, and/or GE, and/or fight their continent. Adding special conditional usage to make it more useful for people who do hundreds of fights is really not necessary.
Ay, but perhaps it can help encourage more ay? I don't know. I'm sure most can handle more complexity.

Cardena

Squire
If fights don't count while the Kraken is not connected with the town hall, I think the building is usefull for GvG fighters also. Of course NOT for the fights in GvG. But most of those players fight elsewhere a lot, and there the Kraken is usefull, as long as you can make sure that the number are not wasted in GvG.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Because that particular content is not yet in with the current version of the app, and will come with the next app version. :) As the announcement mentioned, while OF4 is available on mobile as well, some parts of it may not work properly yet.

DeletedUser8471

Because that particular content is not yet in with the current version of the app, and will come with the next app version. :) As the announcement mentioned, while OF4 is available on mobile as well, some parts of it may not work properly yet.
Makes sense thanks! Thought something weird was going on my end.

DeletedUser7951

It produces FP in addition to the attack effect. Medals have been replaced for FP

DeletedUser5882

After seeing the + change in the bonuses, I immediately built the Kraken. I took over a province yesterday and in one of my battles one enemy was killed by the kraken. This morning I did 6 GE battles and had kraken do its work in one them. I should point out that all these happened while it was still level 1!

So Kraken has turned into a great GB. The bonuses are great and the instant kill feature works really good. I think it has become much better than the AO!

DeletedUser8273

does Kraken do his move also in defence?
if not, why we have St' Basil and Deal Castle?

DeletedUser8513

whats tomorrows content release then? or is there nothing released?

laclongquan

Steward
New Great Building looks ugly, not really impressed, it looks like just another building in the city, nothing stood out like AO/RFP were.