• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected [Feedback] New GB contribution window

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser7265

First of all, thanks for this update, now you can spend directly 10 FP without opening a new window. So you can spend faster. BUT:

Why is there no free field to enter how many FP you want to spend? Now you have the space for it!
And why can I only level instantly with diamonds, even if I hvae enough FP?

So my suggestion:

Please insert a field, where you can input a number (like in market). That's the easiest way ever.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser5383

Frontenacs and Arc's aren't the only reason one might want to place more than 19 FP at a time, just simple players in 100 FP swaps, spotting a top slot in a GB paying out more than you put in (with or without Arc), paying for goods in above era deals, having a daily swaps with another player. As well as using Arc to hunt for good rewards in neighbours and friends GB's. Arc building swaps putting in thousands at a time, etc.

SirSmithy

Squire
Believe me, if you are speaking about the majority. They are not really aware of the "power" of GBs and FP or all these possibilities you've just mentioned.
Just look around in you main server. What is the percentage of the GBs over lvl 10!?

Come on...

DeletedUser5429

In all the years I have played FoE, in any of the worlds I play, I have never come across someone donating to a GB at the same time as me. So IF it does occur it must be a very rare event. and certainly does not warrant the exclusion of an 'any amount of FP's box' just to save you a few FP's just in case it might happen (which aren't real, it's only a game) Verses the hundreds of thousands of players having to clickfest across all worlds adding FP's to GB's everyday.
Well, it does happen to me. A lot.
When you watch a GB because it is in its profitable range, you jump on it when it levels.
And quite often, you are not alone...

DeletedUser7239

Honestly Whiskey-s is not the only one who stated, that the field to enter one amount is wrong. I strongly do understand with Whiskey-s. And an addition is, that there has to be some brake in putting the FPs to have some exciting competition when you donate to GB.
Remember, the online games are not for the lazy persons. On the top there will be only the ones, who invest enough time to a game. You can whine about it, that it takes lot of time to get to the top, or donate, etc.... but then perhaps you registered for the wrong game...

Perhaps, but not for the reasons you stated ;)

HuscarlTW

Squire
In all the years I have played FoE, in any of the worlds I play, I have never come across someone donating to a GB at the same time as me. So IF it does occur it must be a very rare event. and certainly does not warrant the exclusion of an 'any amount of FP's box' just to save you a few FP's just in case it might happen (which aren't real, it's only a game) Verses the hundreds of thousands of players having to clickfest across all worlds adding FP's to GB's everyday.
I have, and more than once or twice.

Even if there's only a 1% chance of it happening, that is still too much risk for me. I would prefer a 50 FP donation button.

And btw, there are definitely times when I don't want to put all of the FP in my bar onto one thing. For example, if I trade 30 FP daily with 2 people, then the donate all button is not helpful because I collect over 60 FP at once. With the current system I have to click 30x to donate 30/60 FP... or not collect all my FP at once.

Which leads me to my suggestion: allow a custom donation amount (default = all) for the FP in the bar.

Then remove the 1 fp donation button and replace it with a 2 FP one (to correspond with the FP pack)

DeletedUser7454

Imagine if 2 players both try to donate the first 50% to the same GB at the same time.

actually that is a real danger. Though the probability is low it will still happen. It happens also on the never-ending threads (or GB rings --or whatever the groups call it) that 2 players donate at the same time but then the loss is not that great then in this case.

Player 1: donates 1800, wins 1000 (100 FP profit with 90% arc)
Player 2: donates 1800, wins 500 (850 FP loss with 90% arc).

so yes this can be a very real scenario -- although not a one that will happen often but will happen
(it happened to me that I was donating to a GB at the same time as somebody else :)

DeletedUser6545

I actually would be really unhappy if this was the new donation system.

Imagine if 2 players both try to donate the first 50% to the same GB at the same time.

Player 1: donates 1800, wins 1000 (100 FP profit with 90% arc)
Player 2: donates 1800, wins 500 (850 FP loss with 90% arc).

I'm sorry, but that risk is not worth the possible time saved with your idea.

Simply. First is donating, First is served. The second one it'll prompted that the scenario is changed and what he would like to do.

DeletedUser5383

Believe me, if you are speaking about the majority. They are not really aware of the "power" of GBs and FP or all these possibilities you've just mentioned.
Just look around in you main server. What is the percentage of the GBs over lvl 10!?

Come on...
Quite a large percentage in fact on my main server, and you are right in saying that the majority will be under level 10, but then the majority of players are in the lower ages, but even they still particapate in swops etc, as again a large percentage are also on other worlds and like me AF and with level 55 Arc etc elsewhere. So they will and do understand the power of GB's, And since the Arc has been here a lot of players have Arc's in their cities in ages like HMA LMA, etc. I even know of one in Iron age.

I have, and more than once or twice.

Even if there's only a 1% chance of it happening, that is still too much risk for me. I would prefer a 50 FP donation button.

And btw, there are definitely times when I don't want to put all of the FP in my bar onto one thing. For example, if I trade 30 FP daily with 2 people, then the donate all button is not helpful because I collect over 60 FP at once. With the current system I have to click 30x to donate 30/60 FP... or not collect all my FP at once.

Which leads me to my suggestion: allow a custom donation amount (default = all) for the FP in the bar.

Then remove the 1 fp donation button and replace it with a 2 FP one (to correspond with the FP pack)
All you would have to do is enter the amount from your FP bar you wish to donate ie: if you have 60 and want to donate 30 then just enter 30, the box is in the GB donation page not on your FP bar. And get rid of Packs, there is no need for them, just one amount in the inventory, (which the new page just recently disabled was showing the total of FP's you had in your inventory)

actually that is a real danger. Though the probability is low it will still happen. It happens also on the never-ending threads (or GB rings --or whatever the groups call it) that 2 players donate at the same time but then the loss is not that great then in this case.

so yes this can be a very real scenario -- although not a one that will happen often but will happen
(it happened to me that I was donating to a GB at the same time as somebody else :)
No change there then, all this talk about being beaten to the reward by another (quicker) player is the same as it it now, it happens, you just admitted it has happened to you, so what is the difference if you have a one amount box???

DeletedUser7454

Simply. First is donating, First is served. The second one it'll prompted that the scenario is changed and what he would like to do.
that is not simple -- the to players can be donating at the same time... not 1st and second... and that is the problem. And if 1 has a faster net the person will be first. And I am in no way saying that the game should confirm to players internet speed... but rather that loosing 1K FPs can be a significant loss.

HuscarlTW

Squire
All you would have to do is enter the amount from your FP bar you wish to donate ie: if you have 60 and want to donate 30 then just enter 30, the box is in the GB donation page not on your FP bar. And get rid of Packs, there is no need for them, just one amount in the inventory, (which the new page just recently disabled was showing the total of FP's you had in your inventory)

I was talking about FP in the bar, not FP packs. Whether FP are stored in packs or a bank is irrelevant to what I was saying. Unless you are suggesting the FP bar get removed?

qaccy

Emperor
The only issue with recurring quests is that only a very small minority out of the vast majority of players do the recurring quests, therefore you have to go with the majority, and I don't mean the players on the forum, I'm talking about the millions of the silent majority of players who don't visit the forums let alone post.

'Going with the majority' means a text field to input how much you want to donate isn't necessary either. 'The majority' is not sitting on thousands of FP at any given time, nor do they donate to GBs that require large donations like that to be made on the spot. Any way you want to spin it, we're all talking about minorities here. The majority of players have low-levelled or even no GBs, and rarely use FP other than what accumulates in their bar over their time playing. What benefit would this text box serve them?

Of course, it can also be argued that the cycling of repeatable quests the way they have been is not intended either. Some evidence of that being the fact that the 'build 4 decorations' quest in AF got increased to 8 decorations once we got access to 1x1 ice flowers to use instead of 2x1, more expensive tube entrances.

DeletedUser5383

I never mentioned packs, I was using the figures you supplyed

I was talking about FP in the bar, not FP packs. Whether FP are stored in packs or a bank is irrelevant to what I was saying. Unless you are suggesting the FP bar get removed?
I never mentioned packs, I was just using the figures you supplied.

All you would have to do is enter the amount from your FP bar you wish to donate ie: if you have 60 and want to donate 30 then just enter 30, the box is in the GB donation page not on your FP bar.

'Going with the majority' means a text field to input how much you want to donate isn't necessary either. 'The majority' is not sitting on thousands of FP at any given time, nor do they donate to GBs that require large donations like that to be made on the spot. Any way you want to spin it, we're all talking about minorities here. The majority of players have low-levelled or even no GBs, and rarely use FP other than what accumulates in their bar over their time playing. What benefit would this text box serve them?

Of course, it can also be argued that the cycling of repeatable quests the way they have been is not intended either. Some evidence of that being the fact that the 'build 4 decorations' quest in AF got increased to 8 decorations once we got access to 1x1 ice flowers to use instead of 2x1, more expensive tube entrances.
But your forgetting that these so called lower leveled or no GB players will at some time have higher leveled GB's. We all start at the bottom and progress until you reach (at this moment in time) the end of AF tech, the vast majority of players are in the middle to late eras of FoE, and those are the ones starting to have, or have already the FP supplies on tap to use in leveling GB's (SoKs ,Bazaars, FP GB's.......etc etc) Those majority of players you refer to are mostly inactives or pop in once every couple of days whatever. Now our FP bar has a limit of 99 FP then there is more of a need to have a text box, rather than 30 clicks here and 20 clicks there.......ad infinitum.

DeletedUser7265

Yeah, because if i spent 900 and somebody drps 1005 is much better... Or even if i just spent 700, and we can continue, the fact is the same, i complete everytime the recurring quests because it's my strategy in a strategy game! The other player is simply lazy to do the same or has worse strategy. Now all the players got the chance to take over me while i'm doing the quests or donatin the 10FP packs, BUT i have the chance too to compete with the others to secure my place! That's nonsense i would be punished because i want to play better and take bigger efforts for the game...

Look at this picture:

1000FP.png

I can do, what you fear without that free entry field. So there is no disadvantage. But a huge advantage.

DeletedUser7265

99 FP is just the normal limit. YOu can't collect your FP-buildings after that. But Tavern FPs and FPs from guild expedition and from treasure hunt still go into bar. And i f you overpay a GB-Level with a pack, the rest goes into the bar, too. So the bar doesn't have a real limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.