• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Show Hall

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7239

How unenlightened are you people exactly... >.< all it does is try to persuade you into buying something or just tracking you with a cookie, which can be cleared or you can just use a VPN.

You do not know nothing about how online ads company works, so its of no use to try to argue with you :)
Sush and learn something.
Ps: you are very cheap to get, you sold your info for 1fp. ha ha ha

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-03-15 - Since I also edited the quote, here I also edited accordingly ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Miepie

Baronet
How unenlightened are you people exactly... >.< all it does is try to persuade you into buying something or just tracking you with a cookie, which can be cleared or you can just use a VPN.

At this moment you don't sound very bright yourself, but hey, you got an fp, almost as good as a cookie, so all is well :rolleyes:

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-03-15 -Edited quote to include my original edit ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7239

I give up on you two, you're too thick.

I have something thick, and it is not my top head... i always listen and pay attention, but when you tell me its fine and call others names because of something you do not understand well its hard to explain.
Not only they do not assume any responsability for any privacy breach (read t&c), as they receive cents per view and you get a measly fp coins or whatever.
What you call that?

DeletedUser

We have already stated the only player information used for viewing an ad is the country you play from.

On another note, this thread is for feedback, whether you agree with another player or not, let's all play nice.
Thanks all,
Z.D.

DeletedUser8800

Not only they do not assume any responsability for any privacy breach (read t&c), as they receive cents per view and you get a measly fp coins or whatever.
What you call that?
1fp = 50 diamonds
50 diamonds = 83¢
Suppose InnoGames earns 5¢ per view.
The chance of me winning an fp is 15% in IA.
Statistically, every 7th view will be an fp. For every 7 views, they earn 35¢. They earn 35¢, and I get the value of 83¢ for FREE. Who wins @Zarok Dai ? I did my math :) It'd still be worth it even if it took me ELEVEN views to get an fp.

DeletedUser7239

We have already stated the only player information used for viewing an ad is the country you play from.

On another note, this thread is for feedback, whether you agree with another player or not, let's all play nice.
Thanks all,
Z.D.

Do you guarantee that? inno guarantees that no extra info is sent or breach?

DeletedUser7239

1fp = 50 diamonds
50 diamonds = 83¢
Suppose InnoGames earns 5¢ per view.
The chance of me winning an fp is 15% in IA.
Statistically, every 7th view will be an fp. For every 7 views, they earn 35¢. They earn 35¢, and I get the value of 83¢ for FREE. Who wins @Zarok Dai ? I did my math :) It'd still be worth it even if it took me ELEVEN views to get an fp.

Dude, incidents, and friend taverns give way more than that and it is safe.
You like it? good i give you mine, then you can have two.

DeletedUser8800

Do you guarantee that? inno guarantees that no extra info is sent or breach?
It's SUE S A over here ( I replaced U with sue :p – It's true ) so if they say that and they don't, it's sueing time from some overreacting people

DeletedUser7239

It's SUE S A over here ( I replaced U with sue :p – It's true ) so if they say that and they don't, it's sueing time from some overreacting people

Thats one thing i love in the us&a :D sue sue sue
more specifically, class action sue

DeletedUser5160

If Inno won't offer a way to toggle out the Show Hall, maybe we can come up with a way to prevent it from appearing in the town...

DeletedUser7046

My bet is you will run into many technlogically challenged folks like myself who are unable to watch the ads because we have some random ad blocker on. Just spent 45 minutes going through everything I could find about locating and figuring out what I am running that would block ads to no avail. Perhaps there is a way for you to let a user know more about why an ad is blocked (what program is doing the blocking). Otherwise my guess is you will have a large percentage of people who never even have the option to see the ads.

DeletedUser6590

I still have no problem with this feature - if you don't like it don't use it. However people have brought up a good point in that you (Inno) are obviously using this as a revenue stream so why not make the payoff to the player more in line with that. Sell different length ads (15, 30, 1:00) and make the payoffs correspond to the length -
15 seconds gets you production rewards (common if you will): coin, supply, medal, 1 fp, 2 goods
30 seconds gets you a more advanced reward (semi-rare): 5 goods, 2 fp, 10 diamonds, etc
1:00 gets you most advanced reward (rare): 10 goods, 5 fp, 25 diamonds, buildings?

Use the same structure you currently use for Guild Expeditions but maybe scaled back a bit since there's really no effort being expended other than our time - which IS worth something especially if we're using it to watch ads which gets you revenue.....just a thought

And again for all you complaining about this "feature" or "Development", this literally probably cost Inno nothing in time to develop and gives them an additional revenue stream so that they CAN keep developing game content...obviously everyone ISN'T buying Diamonds left and right on the live servers or they wouldn't have to come up with something like this to generate money. Simple business practices....it doesn't negatively affect the game and if you're not inclined to use it then don't. Those of us that don't mind clicking a button, going to the bathroom, and then coming back to some free stuff will just continue generating revenue for them.

DeletedUser5097

Just a thought of me about this new thing. Why can I watch an add
for a free infiltration and not an free negiation? The last one is much
more expansitve and annoying when it pop-up in events (especialy
a lot like 3!!).
This would be booming feature when you could negiate
with watching an add, especialy during evetents with stupid ''negioate
3-4-5 times'' since this is overprised for any age and the beginners
perhaps don't want to flush their goods away because of an event
that forcing them to do or quiting the event. This feature may an great
sollution and this type of event missions could be fantastic motivations
to watch adds for the mass.
Than I think more people will find it usefull.
Since we already have a candybar for the type of rewards that it gives
and it's called incidents.

In short
Make it possible to negioate with watching an add or with it dropping
the huge prize for it a lot.

DeletedUser7239

I still have no problem with this feature - if you don't like it don't use it. However people have brought up a good point in that you (Inno) are obviously using this as a revenue stream so why not make the payoff to the player more in line with that. Sell different length ads (15, 30, 1:00) and make the payoffs correspond to the length -
15 seconds gets you production rewards (common if you will): coin, supply, medal, 1 fp, 2 goods
30 seconds gets you a more advanced reward (semi-rare): 5 goods, 2 fp, 10 diamonds, etc
1:00 gets you most advanced reward (rare): 10 goods, 5 fp, 25 diamonds, buildings?

Use the same structure you currently use for Guild Expeditions but maybe scaled back a bit since there's really no effort being expended other than our time - which IS worth something especially if we're using it to watch ads which gets you revenue.....just a thought

And again for all you complaining about this "feature" or "Development", this literally probably cost Inno nothing in time to develop and gives them an additional revenue stream so that they CAN keep developing game content...obviously everyone ISN'T buying Diamonds left and right on the live servers or they wouldn't have to come up with something like this to generate money. Simple business practices....it doesn't negatively affect the game and if you're not inclined to use it then don't. Those of us that don't mind clicking a button, going to the bathroom, and then coming back to some free stuff will just continue generating revenue for them.

Here is the next president of us&a, you spoke so well, yet failed to see the main issue here.
The problem is not the feature is there, the problem is the security issues, and the greedy way of returning something to players, i see some players like the rest of others(what can i say, some man trash is other man treasure), but i do not sorry :) if we are exposed to that trash of ads(assuming they guarantee security until now no one did that), at least share the wealth.
They have good revenue already , right? look at the events.

DeletedUser8887

I agree with the comments above. getting 150 coins isn't worth my time to watch the ad, even in Iron Age. The show has to be a revenue source for you and the rewards cost you nothing. I liken this to someone who completely expands their tavern but has not tablecloth and they want friends with the burgundy tablecloths: Take everything you can and offer little to nothing in return. BTW, giving blueprints from several ages back is an insult, and a reward

shad2389

Viceroy
Infiltration? Let's see, spend some of my jillions of coins to infiltrate with a single click (2 seconds max), or generate ad revenue for Inno and take maybe 10 times as long...

As Beta has said, other games give premium currency for ads. It's become the de-facto standard for freemium games, in fact, so getting low amounts of random (easily obtainable) stuff isn't going to go far. Infiltration ads are also a pointless thing for most players.

At the end of the day you want players to watch ads. (As many as possible, or as many as you allow them to.) To achieve that you need to offer things that make players *want* to watch the ads. If you are open to a suggestion that *would* make me watch an ad, then get rid of all the current ad rewards and instead offer a random piece from the various building sets. (They can't be obtained easily, or at all, so it's going to be a big incentive to use the feature.)

Also, don't dilute the rewards by sticking in the booby prize of a high percentage chance of FP or somesuch. Do it as follows;
Cherry Garden Set (20%)
Indian Fountain Set (20%)
Indian Palace Set (20%)
Royal Garden Set (20%)
Winter Village Set (20%)

That will get you far, far more ad views than what's currently being offered. (If the rewards stay as they are then you are never going to get me to watch an ad, as my time has better uses than generating you ad revenue for a random pitiful reward.)

i'd like FoE to implement a kind of store where you can choose prize you want then FoE eather asks you to watch a number of adds for the prize you want or pay diamonds for the prize in the store i think the present prizes are'nt enough

DeletedUser8895

Hi!

First of all I think the Show Hall is a disturbance to the game and a terrible idea for earning some extra money by InnoGames.

But, here is some constructive criticism. In the chest there are five awards and like always it is based on percentages (please come up with something new for rewards, it is getting boring). In my chest I have two awards that BOTH can give me 150 coins. BUT, both chests have 35% each, which means that in summary I have a 70% chance of getting 150 coins. The very low amount of coins from start does not motivate me to look at the commercial and realising I have a 70% chance of getting this reward, I will never ever look at the commercial.

If you want to attract me to look at boring commercials, you have to put something else in the chests AND with better percentages. We are surrounded by commercials all the time in the rest of our lives and I play FoE to take a break from real life. This will not make me a happier player.

Regards...

DeletedUser8880

I am watching them atm as am only beginning on here and anything free is a help .Once I get up a few eras then it will consigned to " that awful Ornament at the edge of my city " Might even hope for a big tree to grow on front of it but we can all wish .
The space looks like its been cleared in the other worlds so looks like Adblocker will be on full time in the near future