• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Incidents

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8295

At first I thought this would be a good thing, how can free stuff be bad ya know? but seeing as they spawn so rarely, 1 spawn outside of the initial 5, I don't think I'll continue to waste time looking for them. Knowing my luck they're all Kites in trees and traffic jams hiding behind Alchemist.

DeletedUser7781

5 when it started, 1 the day after, nothing for about 24 hours now. Getting a headache from peering at the map every time.

I N D I C A T O R please!!!!!

angelgail

Baronet
I really liked this to start with had 5 the first day 1 yesterday an none today.i think it would help if the player is playing at the time as we all live in difrent time zones.an work,things like that we are not all on at the same time just a thought O:)

DeletedUser4285

a blocked road gave me 5 fps earlier and for couple of other incidents so far today but rewards were coins and 1 bp.

It sure is a good addition but would be far better if there is an indication that there is an incident.

conqueror9

Regent
is the incident stopped, cannot find any more in the last 2 days

suppose there is 5 incidents per day
but hardly to find

especailly
in city, some of road are sheltered by building, impossible to check

in the water/beach, it is still able to find it

in the wilderness of city, the background ....incidents are very diffculties to find any incidents

suggestion:
in city : no more incidents inside city as incidents can cover by buildings
in water/beach: keep it
in wilderness of city: please make a white border square (like a transparent box ), we look for the "white border square"..so incident can be find easily

also
add a icon at right side ...it pop up we have mature building to collect ...so we know there is incident in the city for us to find

DeletedUser6330

Hi :)

I really like this new feature :)

But the image from the announce
2mdoxs1.jpg

for me it's looks more like Disasters add-on from Sim City 4 (if I remember correctly), don't know why, the mountains behind the city or the sun/sky?

I have a question, does Chateau Frontenac increase the rewards?

Thanks for the answer :)

And the rewards I have got for now are (progressive era):
280 coins
280 supplies
2 forge ponts
random blueprint
5 diamonds

and some image:
2637oz7.jpg
lfzb8.jpg
117gwf4.jpg
21297q.jpg
oarn0n.jpg

Nomak

Keritan

Squire
Seems the incidents will wander around the map. Just like the spring event.

I found a tree on a road in city. wanted to see if visible with animation turned off. force reload of game and the tree moved to a different part of the city. Same time saw a beehive above city and wanted to see if everything would move again when turn animation back on.
Both the beehive and the tree moved again.

jtrucker

Baronet
HI guys...
so I had randomly a few, I am only in Iron age - 5 FP and 2 FP are OK, but 15 coins and 15 supplies is ridiculous. That reward NEEDS to be at least equal to motivation reward (which is 50 coins for Iron Age) . I think (sorry - bad memory) I might have had 5 goods as well, which would be fine too. Just the coins and supplies need correction.
As for some other feedback I've read here - I don't think the indicator is all that much needed. Yes, a little icon on the side of the screen would be nice, BUT - c'mon guys, you don't have to check the map every few hours... Just do one good check at the same time like 6pm.. daily.. Any incidents stays for 24 hrs, so if you do one good check once per day you won't miss any.
And I definitely would NOT put any white square around the incident. Where would be the fun of hide and seek? It is GAME... supposed to be played and be fun, not everything served on golden plate just to collect. When you looked for apples last year etc, those weren't marked either. And if you miss one incident, so what? You just missed a few extra something, it is not like someone attacked your city and robbed you of your own production:)...
Well, just some thoughts :)
Have fun everybody

DeletedUser6813

Total time killer I'm going to throw up over this, when it's released on live servers. Just think we're many players playing multiple servers - please try again

Sl8yer

Regent
I found 5 the first day. Not a single one since then. I know the principle of it, so it is possible this happens, but I can't be bothered to start searching anymore if it works like this.

Andi47

Overlord
I found 5 the first day. Not a single one since then. I know the principle of it, so it is possible this happens, but I can't be bothered to start searching anymore if it works like this.

Same for me. Is the "Incidents" feature still active? Did anyone find an incident yesterday or today?

Andi47

Overlord
Hmmm... maybe a coincidence - I had no incident since I activated the city animations on thursday around lunchtime.

So are the incidents visible when the city animations are ON? Did anyone, who is playing with animations switched to ON see an incident yesterday or today?

@xskywalkerx - when did you find the SOS and the tree?

DeletedUser8299

I like the feature especially the rhino. What's the problem?

DeletedUser7942

I'm sure it's been mentioned but think it's worth repeating if it has been is I think the biggest problem with this feature is not knowing if there is or is not an incident somewhere. I'm not saying put a big bouncing blue arrow over each incident or make them obvious in some way to make it easy to find them but just at least have some indication like 0/5 counter or something on screen so people know if they even have one. This thing is going to drive me nuts just knowing they're out there somewhere lol.

Incidents Indicator example;

incidents indicator - Copy.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7566

Come on guys. If you like hunting for stuff, do it and if you don't, ignore it. The fun is in the seeking and the occasional good reward. Those who want a shortcut like an indicator, are like folks who watch the last few minutes of movie first. It takes the fun of anticipation out of it. I for one, like the hide and seek.