• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Incidents

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8394

So it's up to 5 times per day, right ? What's the minimum number of them happening in a day because it feels a bit too low...Is 1 guaranteed ?

Achaeus

Marquis
I will see what I can find out for you :)

Zarok have we discovered anything about Incidents being on some servers and not others? Guildies in live are asking and rumors are spreading that it is being activated on US servers for some players and not other, etc. etc.. Anyway, players are getting too much misinformation and upset that some injustice has been perpetrated, so I thought I would ask to see if you had anything to help dispel the rumors.

DeletedUser8394

Shatterhand it is 0 - 5 per day so you can have no incidents in any given day.

0 ? Ouch! :S Once this feature hits the normal servers i can imagine it getting a bit annoying pretty quickly when i log in several times a day and check for Incidents but the vast majority of the time don't see any.

DeletedUser8381

0 ? Ouch! :S Once this feature hits the normal servers i can imagine it getting a bit annoying pretty quickly when i log in several times a day and check for Incidents but the vast majority of the time don't see any.
If I remember correctly, Zarok got the developers to move the minimum up to 1 per day.

DeletedUser8341

Bug - app/browser Incidents are different?

Earlier today, I logged in on my app, looked around and saw no Incidents.

VERY soon after, I had reason to log out and log in on the browser. Imagine my surprise when I saw there were two incidents in the water (one a boat, one looking like an ex-boat washed up on the shore).

So, I immediately logged out of the browser and logged back in using the app. Sure enough, no Incidents to be seen anywhere.

Back to the browser again, the boat was still there in the same place but the wreck had moved up the coast a bit.

So:
  1. Are Incidents supposed to be fixed in place? Given that some of them are trees, it is a bit silly if they can move around between log-ins.
  2. Are Incidents supposed to be the same on browser and app? It seems more than a bit silly if players need to log in on both platforms to catch all Incidents.

DeletedUser8381

After playing this for a couple of weeks, I think this will be more successful on the live servers if the prizes scale based on the player's age. 35 coins is fine for EMA, not so much for Tomorrow. I think more advanced players will be less likely to play with smaller rewards.

Keritan

Squire
Incidents are not set to any one spot. Was put out way back in the beginning. Relogging will move them and make ones previously hidden, by city buildings and such, possibly now visible.

I have swapped from app to PC and back many times to watch them move around. They have always stayed the same picture and almost always moved. They do sometimes stay in one spot for a couple relogs, then move. So, I would say, Random chance of moving. :)

DeletedUser8341

Wy do incidents on the browser glow to help be found but incidents on the app just sit there coldly hoping nobody will notice them? Is the glow part of 'animations'? If so, I think the glow should be treated like the 'production ready' symbols and not be affected by the animations option.

Frankiedk

Squire
Just got on here to see if Incidents has been taken away again, as i have seen none the last 2 days.

Only difference in my town is that i have my Victory Towers standing, unharvested, and i don't recall seeing incidents while they have been unharvested.
The reason they have not been harvested is that i an trying to sync to a Live city VT's, so they will stay unharvested in my city for 1d10h , at least

DeletedUser8341

Nevertheless, your question, by itself, raises the issue:

How is anyone supposed to know if they have missed an Incident, or whether it simply is not there? The rewards are, necessarily, too small to be a big impact (on anyone but absolute beginners) so continual hunting for something which might not be there is unlikely.

So, maybe the only main intent is to help beginners but if that is the case, improving the tutorial to actually teach beginners about playing the game (such as setting up a defence army but there are many other areas) would be far more worthwhile.

If the presence of Incidents were flagged by something like the Relic advisor on GE or by a storyline general hint (e.g. "There is a lot of town gossip about what is happening around town") or specific clue to what is available (e.g. "What is that pile of bones the dog has uncovered?") then Incidents would become more inclusive and part of the game, rather than yet another detached bolt-on.

DeletedUser8411

I like the incidents. They are cool although hard to see sometimes. They blink which helps.

DeletedUser8341

I like the incidents. They are cool although hard to see sometimes. They blink which helps.
I was astonished when I logged in using a browser to see the glowing/blinking. On the app, the Incident graphic is simply there like all the other features. Far harder to see. IDK whether I should report that as a bug; I fear just being told yet again to suck it up, as though it's my fault for falling for Inno's advertising FoE as an app game.

DeletedUser8404

I'm not a huge fan of incidents, but if they stay, rewards need to make it more worth it to track them down. In the first couple of days, I got rewards that were a little overpowered for a single-click reward. I don't know if they were rebalanced since then or if I've just had a string of bad luck, but I've gotten nothing more exciting than a paltry amount of supplies or gold in the last few days. If it's not just my luck, then a happy medium needs to be found. I'm not going to use a feature that takes scrolling all over the map (or using the browser to zoom out until it's full-screen, then zooming back in when done). This becomes tedious very quickly.

Also, when minor rewards are received, I feel like they should just be the usual +X floaty-text near the gold/supplies indicators rather than full-fledged popup windows. That's just extra clicks for something that's basically useless even to someone who's still in Bronze Age. The same could (and I think should) be done for apples. It's seriously irritating to have to click on a tree only to be told I got 2 whole apples, have to wait for it to pop up before moving on, click to acknowledge it...and to have to do that numerous times per day. Just put a little apple floaty text somewhere near the tree and I can move on to the next tree in a second rather than wasting time acknolwedging a bazillion popups.

DeletedUser8373

I don't have a screenshot unfortunately but I've received from apple trees 2 apples twice. Are you sure that's intended? :D

DeletedUser8373

Third time. Why I cannot upload pnd file? What formats are allowed?

DeletedUser8373

Oh these are for fall event! I get it now :D I play mobile mainly so missed its release and got confused... still quite strange: event is available only on browser but i can get apples on mobile :D