• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Incidents

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8362

No, that would be dreadful, would be like it was before the aid button was introduced, having to load players cities just takes so long & all for the chance of finding a few coins/supplies

What are you saying... just because you don't want to load other players cities and hunt for rewards, no-one should have that option? I, for one, would have quite enjoyed having a reason to load other players cities. So much for a game to cater to different styles and strategies.

DeletedUser8393

Agree wholeheartedly!!! I had two road incidents today, hiding completely behind BLACKSMITHS. I'd never find them in my live cities. I love the incidents as a concept. The glow helped. But an indicator, a way to make buildings invisible, or removing all street incidents would all be solutions.

Heck, I'd even take an entry in the event log. Something.

I agree. I accidentally found an incident on a road, I would have never fount it by looking. Until then I thought incidents were only "outside" the city. The highlight feature isn't much help either way. It appears too slowly. I recognize incidents because they look different than the rest of the background objects.

DeletedUser8393

On the whole, I reckon that Incidents are a flop, in their current guise.

So, I can hunt around the town (and I do, when I remember) and pick up some free stuff. OK but why do I get this stuff?

There is no strategy, no challenge (I either spot something or not, if not I assume there is nothing there so it's not like I feel I missed something).

There isn't even the hint of a story (e.g. "Grivas must have dropped these map chests ... he rewards you for returning them.") and so this free stuff actually detracts from the game by devaluing what I otherwise have to strategise for (along the lines of "what's the point of me gaming hard to get ahead when all I need to do is look around the place and pick it off the ground").

If Incidents appeared after certain game milestones, or were tied into story/event quests, or appeared after every building or GB level or something, then they might make sense. Randomly appearing - or not - without even a description of what it is I click on, is worse for the game than nothing.

Yes, the incidents should have something more to them. At least when you hover on it a name or explanation of what the incident is.

DeletedUser8393

Yesterday I was given a side quest to upgrade road tiles, I did so and received an incident reward for 35 coin. This tells me that there must have been a hidden incident on a road I just happened to touch.

For the second time I 'found' an incident by accident when there was no other way to see it. I have very tiny EMA houses in front of the roads so if I can't see anything behind those I doubt anyone will be able to see it behind theirs.

I still think there needs to be a ToR style icon telling you to look for an incident, but even that will do little good when they can't be seen. The glow was a step in the right direction but I think asking the community to spot tiny specks of occasionally glowing dots on the screen will not go over well on live.

Many people I have met who play FoE, at least on the US server are older than your average gamer and my guess, the average developer. Also color blind people who came out in droves the last time items were hidden in the wilderness were unable to see it and those were much easier to spot than these. I don't think as is, incidents will go over particularly well on live where older people with poorer vision, or color blind people feel they have been put at a disadvantage. This could be a really cool idea that I think most players would enjoy quite a lot if it were done better and made more inclusive of those who won't even be able to see these things.

I am older and color blind - so any other method of increasing the visibility would be greatly appreciated!

Macha

Squire
What are you saying... just because you don't want to load other players cities and hunt for rewards, no-one should have that option? I, for one, would have quite enjoyed having a reason to load other players cities. So much for a game to cater to different styles and strategies.
players can already hunt for incidents & rewards in their own cities, why change it & make it less convenient for players just beause you need an excuse to visit other cities, if you want to visit other cities then go visit & do a manual m&P

DeletedUser8362

players can already hunt for incidents & rewards in their own cities, why change it & make it less convenient for players just beause you need an excuse to visit other cities, if you want to visit other cities then go visit & do a manual m&P

well... I disagree... I think it would have given a different dynamic... you prefer simple click and reward... the game is catering to your taste so you'll get what you want... I think they missed a trick though...

LadyHecate

Marquis
Whilst I was disappointed with the simplistic nature of Incidents, (I was hoping for a little challenge upon discovering one; a market exchange, a simple battle, etc), now that we've had them released on the Beta app version for several weeks now is there an anticipated release date for them on the live servers?
Or are the developers still planning on tweeking them further from what we are currently seeing, resolving non-visible road block incidents etc?

DeletedUser8341

I would hope the developers do not release incidents as-is. They don't add anything to a strategy game billed as 'grow your empire'. There must be more to them, giving them meaning and reason, such as the Spring Lanterns have.

Hunt-and-peck fulfils some players' need but should be a genuine integration, not just another add-on detached from story, goal and strategy.

Macha

Squire
well... I disagree... I think it would have given a different dynamic... you prefer simple click and reward... the game is catering to your taste so you'll get what you want... I think they missed a trick though...
if you think the current format should be changed then post it as a new idea

DeletedUser8341

if you think the current format should be changed then post it as a new idea
That should be redundant. The existence of this feedback thread is presumably indication that the feature is not fixed and that, therefore, improvements shouls be suggested here.

Could forum moderators comment, please? Do we need to post loads of seperate threads for ways we want to see Incidents improve?

Keritan

Squire
Question for those with 2 lane roads: Have you seen the cracks/potholes in the road?

I am not there yet so do not know. I have seen the cracks on my Gravel Road and was just thinking that they would be really hard to see on the paved road.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
That should be redundant. The existence of this feedback thread is presumably indication that the feature is not fixed and that, therefore, improvements shouls be suggested here.

Could forum moderators comment, please? Do we need to post loads of seperate threads for ways we want to see Incidents improve?

Feedback threads are indeed meant for ALL kinds of feedback, including suggestions for improvements and new ways for implementation :)
In other words: there is no need to start separate threads.

DeletedUser8316

Here's my feedback: scrap incidents. They are a waste of time and add nothing to the game. The rewards aren't worth the time it takes to look for them. Work on some of the real issues with the game (namely moving away from Flashplayer).

Give us the ability to rotate buildings 90 degrees instead even.

DeletedUser

Here's my feedback: scrap incidents. They are a waste of time and add nothing to the game.

In your opinion. In which case you do not have to look for them, and therefore will not waste any time. That does not mean that others may not like having the option available to them, but that's just my opinion :)

Work on some of the real issues with the game (namely moving away from Flashplayer).

We have already posted on our efforts to move away from Flash. The work on this has been going on for some time in fact.

Give us the ability to rotate buildings 90 degrees instead even.

This would require completely changing the building game mechanics, not to mention all of the graphics. In all of my time as a player I have always felt that the fact we could not rotate buildings was part of the challenge of city design and planning, which for many is a big part of the game.
Thanks for the feedback :)

DeletedUser7951

Had my first traffic jam today. My street was empty, and no building over shadowing it. If it hadn't been for what looked like a twinkle I would never have seen it. What should/could have been a fun incident fails when it comes to show. The city incidents really need to be reworked somehow when it comes to visibility.

DeletedUser8077

@Zarok Dai

Hello,

For some days, the incidents have appeared for some players on different French servers.
There is a sense of inequality with other players.
Can we find out why?
Thank you

DeletedUser7107

The only issue I have is with the rewards. really now 600 supplies? 65 medals? In contemporary? How worthless, it isn't even worth the effort looking for them. I stopped doing treasure hunt a year ago because the prizes were so irrelevant, so I am not to likely to do this either