• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Incidents

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7779

I don't even bother to look anymore. Call it bad luck or whatever but I'm not wasting my time in staring at the screen a few times a day looking for something that might not be even there.
I dont mind the feature, whoever has the time can spend all day searching...I only hope this won't add to the lag and make our cities crash even more.

DeletedUser7855

Just another useless feature
@Inno: is it not something like treasury hunter? Did you analysed how offen it is used before introducing a new similar feature? I'm pretty shure the popularity is as high as of those buttons to finish resource production for 50 diamonds :D

DeletedUser7942

Just another useless feature
@Inno: is it not something like treasury hunter? Did you analysed how offen it is used before introducing a new similar feature? I'm pretty shure the popularity is as high as of those buttons to finish resource production for 50 diamonds :D
I'm just going to take a wild guess here but the boardroom papers might look something like this;

Data Analysis X% of players use X feature.
Of those, X% have bought X amount of diamonds/packages.
X threshold of % of diamonds/package reached who use the feature then keep feature.
X threshold of % of diamonds/package not reached then remove feature.

In other words if enough diamonds/package buyers use a feature it stays. Of course another metric might be effectiveness of another goal to keep players signing in. In this case perhaps they measure how many players use the Treasure Hunt feature, how often etc. So if it keeps players coming back to the game they may find value in keeping the feature. I think it's pretty clear the intent behind Incidents is not only to get players signing into the game but keeping them there a lot longer than Treasure Hunt does as for Treasure Hunt all you need to do is sign in and click and go whereas Incidents you got to keep signing in over and over and search incessantly with wonder and distress if there's one out there, somewhere.

Lionhead

Baronet
I think it's pretty clear the intent behind Incidents is not only to get players signing into the game but keeping them there a lot longer than Treasure Hunt does as for Treasure Hunt all you need to do is sign in and click and go whereas Incidents you got to keep signing in over and over and search incessantly with wonder and distress if there's one out there, somewhere.

That´s not really true. Many might do that, but pretty unnecessary. I believe it´s stated, that incidents spawn randomly timewise and stays for 24 hrs. So as some have mentioned in this thread, all you really have to do is log in once every day and do a thorough search to find incidents.

As for the boardroom reasoning to keep features like this and Treasure Hunt, I don´t really have an opinion and pretty much don´t care.
I do have an advice to those who find them useless though. If you don´t like or enjoy these features, don´t do them. Simple as that.
Therefore I think it´s valid to discuss the option to turn these features on and off in settings.

A way to see if there are Incidents hidden behind tall buildings in your city: By selecting "Move" from the "Build" menu and hovering the "Move"-cursor over the stretch of road that's hidden, the building in front of it turns transparent, and hidden incidents can be seen.

It does work - I just found an incident hidden behind a Progressive Era Publishing House in this way.

DeletedUser8304

Just found a fallen tree. Loving the new 'incidents' feature. Thank you.

DeletedUser7942

That´s not really true. Many might do that, but pretty unnecessary. I believe it´s stated, that incidents spawn randomly timewise and stays for 24 hrs. So as some have mentioned in this thread, all you really have to do is log in once every day and do a thorough search to find incidents.
In its current form a player has no way other than to search to know if they have an Incident. Given that when should they check? Sure they could check only once a day but the Incidents can spawn and "will disappear after 24 hours and therefore, will be renewed basically daily" but the player would not know when or if they even have any as they can get 0.

Just imagine WW on a random spawn timer, sure you could check once a day but you don't know when it will spawn and if the spawn was 0 then this will lead to what we are seeing on here with players wondering if it's even working which the only way to know with certainty is to either constantly check or just sit and wait. Add into that a lot of these are difficult for many to find and you end up with people constantly checking wondering if they missed one reporting it must not be working.

qaccy

Emperor
In its current form a player has no way other than to search to know if they have an Incident. Given that when should they check? Sure they could check only once a day but the Incidents can spawn and "will disappear after 24 hours and therefore, will be renewed basically daily" but the player would not know when or if they even have any as they can get 0.

Just imagine WW on a random spawn timer, sure you could check once a day but you don't know when it will spawn and if the spawn was 0 then this will lead to what we are seeing on here with players wondering if it's even working which the only way to know with certainty is to either constantly check or just sit and wait. Add into that a lot of these are difficult for many to find and you end up with people constantly checking wondering if they missed one reporting it must not be working.

It doesn't really change the fact that you only 'need' to check once a day, presumably at the same time as you make your daily collections or do your aiding, whatever it is. If you miss some, so what? Are the rewards that great? Just like the treasure hunt, not really. If you're actually straining yourself and/or complaining about this feature when the rewards are very much akin to the treasure hunt, your obsessive tendencies are at fault more than Inno IMO.

DeletedUser7905

Hello, I find this feature totally useless, it could be but the gains are shabby just like the crew in the Arctic port that allows to have a random reward plus I had 1000 merchandise! (Not on the beta but on the French server)
Frankly, instead of doing these kinds of features it would be far better than you to improve the system of rushing and recurring quests that is totally ramming and now it's starting to really take a long time !!!
We know that this concerns only the "big players" who do not pay any more because they need more, but the life game thanks to the big players, without them the smallest players can not have advice, help (in forges And resources) etc ... etc ...

I love Forge of Empires, but there are some things to improve and urgently!

PS: Sorry for my spelling, I'm French

DeletedUser7764

I've seen 1 incident on the day it was released after that 0 I'd like to test this feature but unfortunately it looks like it doesn't want to be tested

DeletedUser8061

I'm one of those players who got incidents on the first day, and none since then. I'm online very often, but never found a single incident. You can't say it's the case of probability. It has less than 0.1% chance that we don't get this feature for so much time. And if it really stays for 24 hours, I would have noticed them, ofc.

DeletedUser7566

I on the other hand, have had 1-4 incidents daily. Luck of the draw I guess, but they are out there

I'm one of those players who got incidents on the first day, and none since then. I'm online very often, but never found a single incident. You can't say it's the case of probability. It has less than 0.1% chance that we don't get this feature for so much time. And if it really stays for 24 hours, I would have noticed them, ofc.

I too had incidents on the first day and none since. I think it would be an ok feature if I ever got any.

DeletedUser8121

I like this idea, but with the following reservations:

1) The icons are very hard to find, and searching the screen is tedious. It was much easier to find tickets/flowers/apples/Easter eggs from previous events. I find myself taking way too much time to find these very small figures that are well disguised. I never found one in a road.

2) The rewards aren't worth the effort. Receiving 280 coins when I have 70 million coins is negligible. Ditto for supplies. The best I ever got was 2 forge points.

Make the icons easier to find and make the rewards more desirable without getting ridiculous.

BtB

DeletedUser7942

It doesn't really change the fact that you only 'need' to check once a day, presumably at the same time as you make your daily collections or do your aiding, whatever it is. If you miss some, so what? Are the rewards that great? Just like the treasure hunt, not really. If you're actually straining yourself and/or complaining about this feature when the rewards are very much akin to the treasure hunt, your obsessive tendencies are at fault more than Inno IMO.
People with OCD and such, what can you do, I won't be bothering with it myself.

Oh and please look through this entire post and count how many times people think it's not working, this will go on forever.

OmegaLee

Steward
I finally spotted one. However, they are very hard to find. I'm on a large monitor right now, and they were small on that. People on 15" laptops will never find these.
I'm of the opinion a dud feature, unless they are designed to stand out more.
I play without animations, so I will never see a traffic jam.

DeletedUser8316

I may have found a bug with Incidents. After scanning the entire map and seeing no incidents, I turned off animations (it forces you to reload the game window) then suddenly 2 of them showed up. So there may be an issue with animations and incidents. I just noticed it this morning so I haven't had time to test it.