• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Incidents

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8134

I haven't seen any in a few days or they are so small or blocked that I can't see them. What about some type of indicator on the left or right side to prompt people to look. The ones in the city on the roads just seem problematic, way too many of my roads are not visible.

DeletedUser7454

I take it as it is still under development. I do not mind these extra gifts and and see it as something what one can collect or not.

BUT please designer keep in mind that buildings can cover roads and part of wilderness.

So as per wilderness incident should not be placed 1 or 2 squares next to the Northeast and Northwest edges of the town.

As per road blocks -- either add a beacon that is taller the buildings or as some suggested and indicator that there is an incident in the town.

Well, I had a new incident just a few hours ago (360 supplies - my heart is inditing!). It has been said previously in this thread that one will not necessarily get incidents every day - one can get anywhere from 0 (zero) to 5 within a day.

I don't know if I've missed any incidents on roads. If you select "Move building" and hover the Move-cursor over anything behind a building (for instance a road-tile hidden by the building), the building turns transparent. Can incidents on roads hidden by buildings be seen when the building is made transparent like this?

DeletedUser

Because the Incidents system doesn't work! I've not had any Incidents since Wednesday last week!

So, let me share a few thoughts here.
First, I think the perception of this feature is being heavily affected by a few realities of the way it currently works, versus the way our community feels it should work.
Incidents are working, and being generated every day. I know this because I have been going through many, many logs to make sure they are actually spawning.

As I have stated previously, currently 0-5 incidents will randomly be generated each day for each player. However this does mean that not only will there be days when some players will get no incidents, but it is also mathematically possible to get no incidents for more than one day in a row. Not getting incidents does not mean that the feature is not working. I have asked if the minimum can be raised from zero to one, mainly because it is too easy to think it is not working when you do not get any, and at least 1 a day makes it more engaging in my opinion.

Another point is that even when you do have active incidents, it does not necessarily mean you can easily find them. I myself have had considerable difficulties seeing some of these incidents (oddly the common ones in the wilderness are often extremely hard to see against the background). I do agree (as a player) with others feedback that finding incidents on roadways that are obstructed by tall buildings is tedious at best, and near impossible at worst.

Can incidents on roads hidden by buildings be seen when the building is made transparent like this?

In theory I would say yes, but as I have had difficulties finding them even by physically moving buildings, I can't say for sure until I see it work :D

Spawned incidents type and/or location changes if I reload the page?

The location can change on refresh, but as I understand it to be working the type will remain the same within that spawn period. I will test this to be sure.

Anyway, I am sure I have bored you all enough by now, so I will stop here :)

Thanks for all of your feedback and ideas on what you feel will make the game better, keep it coming...

Z.D.

DeletedUser8304

Hi, I am enjoying the new feature 'incidents'. Have found a clothes line, man on a surfboard and sunken treasure chest.

Great work

DeletedUser7942

I have asked if the minimum can be raised from zero to one, mainly because it is too easy to think it is not working when you do not get any...

won't work, you'll be inundated for the rest of your FoE days with players saying it's not working because players don't know if it's there or not, might as well make the explanation your signature now;)

LadyHecate

Marquis
Incidents are working, and being generated every day. I know this because I have been going through many, many logs to make sure they are actually spawning.
Zarok, many thanks for your feedback! Any chance of access to our Logs?!!
but it is also mathematically possible to get no incidents for more than one day in a row
Guess, that I'm really, really, REALLY unlucky then!!!
Another day dawns and still no Incidents!!!! I can't believe that they are spawning but are really so difficult for me to spot when I found the five on Day 1 in seconds.

DeletedUser7829

Another point is that even when you do have active incidents, it does not necessarily mean you can easily find them. I myself have had considerable difficulties seeing some of these incidents (oddly the common ones in the wilderness are often extremely hard to see against the background). I do agree (as a player) with others feedback that finding incidents on roadways that are obstructed by tall buildings is tedious at best, and near impossible at worst.

Considering this, rewards for incidents should be more attractive. I can spend 2-3 minutes to find some forge points (2 or 5 it's fine for the common incidents, I'm not asking 200), but 100 coins...
Also, if less interesting incidents appear more frequently, and there could be days without incidents, the advantage for the player is too low: in two days I collected 100 coins, 100 coins and 7 medals...

Silveralius

Squire
One of many today Incidents :)
v5FqHrJgSgmit6elcgJuAw.png

DeletedUser7529

At first I liked idea. But after few days I think Ill ignore this, unless incidents happen in front of me.
Game becomes more click-time requiring, this time you need to waste another 10 mins to scan whole area if something is there. Without any indicator (like relic hint in Guild Expeditions) for me its waste of time.

LadyHecate

Marquis
At first I liked idea. But after few days I think Ill ignore this, unless incidents happen in front of me.
Indeed! I'm with you!! Having finally got my first Incident since Day 1 a week ago, I amassed a whopping 150 coins! Obviously one of the Common Incidents but I get more from Aiding one of my Guild/Hood/Friend and their avatars and icons are both infinitely easier to locate and I know they're going to be there every day!
It's a shame, as most of us here are the sole Beta testers for our guilds on the live servers and the consensus that we're telling the Live server players is not to bother with Incidents.

DeletedUser

Keep in mind this is still in testing here, so it is still possible some of these issues can be improved. I passed on a list of things yesterday that you all have mentioned that should be considered for improvements.

My second day was bad (maybe 1) but other days have had good number of incidents. A quick way to do it is to just check around the outer edge of the map where the water is at. The water ones are easy to see and you will see the big Wilderness ones, too. The small ones in the Wilderness will remain hard to see but, except for the 2 FP prizes, the little ones are not really worth looking for prize-wise anyways.