• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback May Day Event

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
The 'or' element is exactly what players are asking for in many of the posts in this thread (and many other threads for other events). While I can appreciate players values on what they do and do not want to do, having any other alternative on these quests is better that no alternative at all.
I'm glad someone over there is on our side.

DeletedUser

Yes, it goes without saying that events and quests are optional and these sacrifices are asked from us, such as leaving an age when we aren't ready or due to the previous event just arrived, didn't even have the chance to produce enough goods to move on to the next age...
If this is the deal and meaning of events I know many many people including myself who will throw the towel and volunteer to not participate in a non mandatory event anymore.
Most grand prizes are not worth it anyway to jeopardize our gameplay for.
We should play the game as quick or slow as we want.
Why does InnoGames has so much interest to hurry us with teasing events?
There is a good reason people like to move in their own pace: the GE for example we need to work on our attack/ defense buildings in order to keep the GE doable let alone working on those GBs which allow us to collect enough supplies and coins to fund the new era's requirements.
Moving to a new era about twice a month will ultimately be undoable unless we pay the tech instead of produce/ trade the goods for it.
In this game time is of greatest value.
Time is needed to collect enough coins, supplies, goods (to pay the tech beyond others) and FPs (to bring our GBs to a reasonable level) just so we can really move on.

As is now events seems to be elitish: in the long run only doable for those who finished their tech entirely or those who smash with diamonds instead of goods and what not and not something for the entire community.
That in itself is a super sad signal to receive.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5160

No official statement here, just that I am passing this on with my own agreement on the feedback that maybe these quests need to be reconsidered.

The 'or' element is exactly what players are asking for in many of the posts in this thread (and many other threads for other events). While I can appreciate players values on what they do and do not want to do, having any other alternative on these quests is better that no alternative at all.
I'm a person that expects results. More often than not, the prior CMs left feedback, but we don't hear back on what they would or wouldn't do leaving me feeling like I was dismissed and thus creating more toxicity between the players and Inno.

DeletedUser8106

Research quests without alternatives suck.... It causes me to choose more and more often not to play these mini-quests... and I know someone will say they are optional... but there ain't much of a game left without them... choice=more strategy and more strategy=more fun.... imho

You're slowly losing another player with this format INNO...

DeletedUser

I'm a person that expects results. More often than not, the prior CMs left feedback, but we don't hear back on what they would or wouldn't do leaving me feeling like I was dismissed and thus creating more toxicity between the players and Inno.

There is a limit to what Community Managers can do.
We support and represent our communities and do our best to pass all of their feedback along to the devs and designers for consideration, but that is as far as we can go when it comes to game mechanics being changed or added, or removed for that matter.
The reality is that we may not always get information back on the suggestions we pass along, so we ourselves do not know what may actually be the result of feedback until we actually see an update with related content.
There is also a bit of a misconception here on Beta that player feedback will be immediately implemented into the game content. This is not the case. When it comes to bugs in the existing code then yes every attempt is made to get those resolved as soon as possible. However feedback on how players want existing mechanics to change is just that, feedback.
It is not realistic to expect feedback from a new event on Beta, especially feedback on changing the event mechanics, to be immediately implemented. At best the feedback would be considered for future events.
The point is Beta is not the place to expect immediate gratification when it comes to feedback visibly affecting existing code.
Regardless of what players want changed, or do not like about new content, short of bug fixes most new content will go to the live servers without having been changed from the feedback received on beta.
It takes time to create code, and to change it or modify it. As you are all aware here on Beta we have limited time to test content before it's release to the live servers. Our priority then is to use this time to correct bugs in the code. Any feedback for changes to the mechanics will then be considered for future events and/or game content.
None of this means that feedback is not considered, or that the ideas are being dismissed. It's simply a reality of the way the process works.

DeletedUser

I suppose we should no longer feel ignored then.
We are just here to detect & report bugs with more participants, IMHO, than stricktly needed for a technical test in order to gain an as smooth as possible gameplay.
One would expect this at least after such massive amount of test results.
Sadly the reality on the main server is different at least in NL
People suffer from severe lag and very severe on GvG yet more and more features are designed (rewards/ special effects in our city which can't be toggled off) which makes this issue even worse.

DeletedUser8092

I agree with that there is a lot of quests. But I did like this one better then 5year anniversery one, and if your thinking of cutting on it should be that one. I know this is beta so I know there will be more quest in this version then the main worlds. With all that said I enjoyed the Challenge of this Quest Line. It is very hard to complete in a week making it more challenging. I also like the detail in the won piece and how you can upgraded it. I dont think it is worth the space though unless you are a collector. It just doesnt offer a lot to lay down in city. I like theme, (I was not present during first May Festival) so i like that I got to experince it!

DeletedUser7274

Giving us a second option other than having to research a tech when I am not ready to advance into the next age is a complaint I hear often here and on live servers. I never complain but research a tech, not once but twice for May Day is one event I will not be completing...as this complaint still falls on deaf ears. Not happy with this event at all :(

DeletedUser6705

So far I have been lucky on the quest rewards (2 x diamonds), but the 1st Maypole upgrade sucks badly: In ME it was 2 x 2 for 620 happy points, and the once upgraded version is 3 x 2 for 1000 happy points and a 5 % coin boost. That means the upgrade is "worth" an extra 11% happiness, and let's just keep quiet about a 5 % coins "bonus". Probably good for players who don't have St. Marks, but rather irrelevant for anybody else. Seems mad to waste goods on it for the negotiation tasks or move forward in age

Has anybody already got the stats for the 2nd upgrade?

DeletedUser730

There is also a bit of a misconception here on Beta that player feedback will be immediately implemented into the game content. This is not the case. When it comes to bugs in the existing code then yes every attempt is made to get those resolved as soon as possible. However feedback on how players want existing mechanics to change is just that, feedback.
It is not realistic to expect feedback from a new event on Beta, especially feedback on changing the event mechanics, to be immediately implemented. At best the feedback would be considered for future events.
The point is Beta is not the place to expect immediate gratification when it comes to feedback visibly affecting existing code.

This has been (one of) the most requested changes when it comes to events, for some time now. I get that you're fairly new as a CM, and I'm not criticizing you in any way, but the game designers should have already taken this into account. These messages are (or should be) directed at them.

So in short, basically what she said vvv

Giving us a second option other than having to research a tech when I am not ready to advance into the next age is a complaint I hear often here and on live servers.

Also, while I understand some mechanics can't be changed overnight, as they require planning and coding, in this particular case, I'm pretty confident that this could have been resolved, because I'm 99% positive that the quest designers have a nice click-able interface where they create these quest chains for events, thus also being able to edit them through clicks. So really the only thing that would need to be done is maybe change the text of the quest (in case it no longer fits) and *maybe* (that's a big maybe) the artwork; again, this is just for 1 quest (in this events case two).

DeletedUser

This has been (one of) the most requested changes when it comes to events, for some time now. I get that you're fairly new as a CM, and I'm not criticizing you in any way, but the game designers should have already taken this into account. These messages are (or should be) directed at them.

So in short, basically what she said vvv

Also, while I understand some mechanics can't be changed overnight, as they require planning and coding, in this particular case, I'm pretty confident that this could have been resolved, because I'm 99% positive that the quest designers have a nice click-able interface where they create these quest chains for events, thus also being able to edit them through clicks. So really the only thing that would need to be done is maybe change the text of the quest (in case it no longer fits) and *maybe* (that's a big maybe) the artwork; again, this is just for 1 quest (in this events case two).

This all assumes that the devs and designers agree that the quests need an alternative. It is quite possible that they do not agree, or that they are working on some other type of option, I don't know for sure. The point is that just because something has been repeatedly requested, does not mean it is automatically integrated into the game.
While I personally would also like to see these quests have an alternative requirement, it is important to remember that the game has run without them for over 5 years, so it is not exactly a game breaker so far.

DeletedUser

This all assumes that the devs and designers agree that the quests need an alternative. It is quite possible that they do not agree, or that they are working on some other type of option, I don't know for sure. The point is that just because something has been repeatedly requested, does not mean it is automatically integrated into the game.
While I personally would also like to see these quests have an alternative requirement, it is important to remember that the game has run without them for over 5 years, so it is not exactly a game breaker so far.

Yes, that is the realistic side of things.
As long as people are willing to research a tech for quests it'll remain this way.
Certainly so if the devs feel they need an angle in how fast or slow we move forward.
I for one am very happy with you!
You really take the time to inform us wether it is a popular message or not.
It seems you actually hear us and that is very nice apart from what devs may decide or not.
Thank you! :)

Andi47

Overlord
I am stuck in this event quest line myself, it happens at times. Sometimes I do fairly well in an event, other times not so much.

I personally would like to see more quests that do at least give an either/or requirement instead of only 'research a tech' and 'scout a province'. I do think there would be a need for the 2 conditions to be balanced, which could be tricky.

How about something like "research a quest OR spend 30 FP to GBs"? or: "scout a province OR win 4 battles"? "conquer a province (or ...a sector)" OR win xy battles?

Forgepoints can always be spent to GBs without forcing a player to advance to the next era earlier as he wants - and battles can also be won in GE, GvG or the Neighbourhood.

Pafton

Viceroy
I'm pretty sure inno will take our feedback about research quests in and give us new alternatives:

Research a technology or Spend XX FPs in the research tree.

piohh

Baronet
Friends of me don't play the Events about Inno forced them to "Resarch a technology" each Event...

DeletedUser

How about something like "research a quest OR spend 30 FP to GBs"? or: "scout a province OR win 4 battles"? "conquer a province (or ...a sector)" OR win xy battles?

Forgepoints can always be spent to GBs without forcing a player to advance to the next era earlier as he wants - and battles can also be won in GE, GvG or the Neighbourhood.

These are all good ideas and I will add them to our feedback. I think if the alternatives are fair and relatively balanced they will be more open to considering them, thanks.

DeletedUser

Friends of me don't play the Events about Inno forced them to "Resarch a technology" each Event...

That's the sad part of this.
I know the 5-th birthday "King & Queen" is coming up with a tech research and the "May Pole" twice a tech and on the live server I won't do it anymore either.
The prizes are beautiful but I quess I can do without them and hear these sounds more often around me.

DeletedUser8061

I'm posting it once again, just in case someone didn't see it.

MAY DAY EVENT QUESTLINE (12/12 daily quests):
Main questline:
1. Gather 100 coins & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Maypole.
2. In a production building, finish a 1-hour-production 10 times & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
3. Research a technology & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
4. Motivate or polish 40 buildings & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
5. Recruit 4 units from your age or 6 from the previous age & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
6. Make people enthusiastic & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
7. Build 2 residential buildings from your age or 4 from the previous age & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
8. Scout a province & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
9. In a production building, finish a 4-hour-production 8 times & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
10. Acquire 2 sectors without fighting & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
11. Gather 40 goods & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
12. Gain control over a province & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random & Portrait Halvald.
Bonus for completion: Maypole upgrade & Renovation Kit.

Daily quests:
1. Buy 7 FPs & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
2. Infiltrate 5 sectors & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
3. In a production building, finish a 8-hour-production 6 times & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
4. Research a technology & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
5. Recruit 5 units from your age or 8 from the previous age & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
6. Visit 8 Taverns & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
7. Finish a 24-hour-production 4 times & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
8. Build 2 culture buildings from your age or 3 from the previous age & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
9. Acquire 2 sectors without fighting & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
10. Gather 50 goods & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
11. Contribute 20 FPs to GBs or research a technology. Reward: Random.
12. Gain control over a province & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
Bonus for completion: Maypole upgrade & 3 Boost Crates.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4381

An "or" option is indeed great... If I didn't want to scout a new continent it'd be my choice and I'd be fine with that. What the complaint is actually about is that it doesn't auto-complete when the primary objective has already been completed and is impossible to repeat.