• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback May Day Event

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

If quests require to research a technology, event after event after event and sometimes even twice, without an alternative I am in most instances not in anymore.
During the spring event I skipped the second lap of the same quest for that reason.
I hear the same complaints around me.
Many people don't want to be forced to an other era one has to be ready and prefer to follow their own plan.
No prize is worth to be controlled to this extend in the direction of our gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8121

When you require players to "research a technology" on your quests, you should offer an alternative like you sometimes do each time. On this quest, researching a technology will force me to enter Modern Era, which I do not want to do at this time. This also can come into play in my USA server worlds. In USA L I want to stay Postmodern Era for a while longer in order to help my guild. Forcing players to research a tech will cause them to stop playing the quest. Here in Beta, I have to stop because a tech will put me in the next age. Offer something else which doesn't require researching alongside the research. Thanks, BtB

Pafton

Viceroy
Alternatives are needed for the research a technology and acquire a province quests. Alternatives for scouting and negotiating sectors would be fabulous too. I guess the remaining are manageable.

Would be great to have the alternative for acquire a province as send 2 messages :).

DeletedUser7986

I have read the comments on a number of FoE events now.
Often the same comments pass by about having to research a tech or acquiring a province.
Fact is, some people simply can't do research anymore because they are at the end of Oceanic Future.
Similarly, some people have already conquered all provinces and therefore can't do scouting nor gaining control over a province.
I don't know whether it is possible for InnoGames to detect this for every player, but those players should in my opinon get an alternative for these quests to be able to (fully) participate in an event.

Then there is the more principal point about people wanting to stay in their current Age (to help their Guild or for their own convenience).
It would be nice to get a statement from InnoGames about this.
If InnoGames agrees there is no objection to this way of playing and enjoying the game, in my opinion they should always provide an alternative for researching a tech (e.g. by contributing to a GB, maybe with the contribution depending on the player's age).

This statement (and the change of the quests) would save a lot of the same comments and complaints we see in these event threads and make a lot of players enjoy the game a lot more.

DeletedUser

Fact is, some people simply can't do research anymore because they are at the end of Oceanic Future.
Similarly, some people have already conquered all provinces and therefore can't do scouting nor gaining control over a province.
I don't know whether it is possible for InnoGames to detect this for every player, but those players should in my opinon get an alternative for these quests to be able to (fully) participate in an event.
nice that you don't know but want to help those players

but the game detects the end and players who reached it don't need to do it anymore

so no alternative is necessary
it is great it when those quest conditions are already completed when I get those quests

DeletedUser

The thing is a bit complex.
In order to participate in quests like these we may have to leave some technologies open just so we don't have to move to a new era each event.
I used to leave essential parts from what my era has to offer open souly for events.
This means also I can not benefit from all facilities of my era under which the last militairy building and the best non diamond houses.
I have to say that this feels not okay.
Obviously we want to take advantage of all technologies our era has to offer wiithout the fear with doing so we get stuck in an event or are forced to move on to the next era too early.
I don't feel like taking this in calculation anymore and will research all technologies in the future.
If this means I can't participate in events anymore then so be it.

DeletedUser7473

I have read the comments on a number of FoE events now.
Often the same comments pass by about having to research a tech or acquiring a province.

Then there is the more principal point about people wanting to stay in their current Age (to help their Guild or for their own convenience).
It would be nice to get a statement from InnoGames about this.
If InnoGames agrees there is no objection to this way of playing and enjoying the game, in my opinion they should always provide an alternative for researching a tech (e.g. by contributing to a GB, maybe with the contribution depending on the player's age).

This statement (and the change of the quests) would save a lot of the same comments and complaints we see in these event threads and make a lot of players enjoy the game a lot more.

That would not decrease the posts at all.
All players that have conquered all provinces have the conquering quests already automatically completed when they appear.
Same about those players who have completed all non-diamonds researches getting the research quests makred as completed when they appear.

The complaints you talk about without even knowing left from right are complaints from players that have to send out a scout to explore a new province cause they have just conquered the last scouted province or from players that have just reached the end of their current age in the tech tree and don't want to change into the next age to fulfill the quest.

However all of them CAN complete the quests like all others.
It is just that they need to wait 1-3 days for the scouting of province or use 50 diamonds for instant scouting or that they have to go into the next age.

That however is no reason for them to get any alternative quests as they are able to fulfill them if they want to.
It is just a matter of what takes priority for them - the event questline or they current status quo.

DeletedUser5160

Can I get some clarification when we can upgrade the Maypole? Did we already have to have it placed before the first quest? Or do we get 1 upgrade from completing the main and another from completing the dailies?

DeletedUser7986

All players that have conquered all provinces have the conquering quests already automatically completed when they appear.
Same about those players who have completed all non-diamonds researches getting the research quests makred as completed when they appear.

Ok, so it is arranged by auto completing the quests for people who are at the end of research or the end of the map.

That leaves a statement from InnoGames about their point of view about forcing people to research a tech (and thereby being forced into the next Age).

DeletedUser7986

Can I get some clarification when we can upgrade the Maypole? Did we already have to have it placed before the first quest? Or do we get 1 upgrade from completing the main and another from completing the dailies?

You get an upgrade kit at the end of the stacked quests, which you should use on the Maypole which is placed in your city to get the Mighty Maypole and then you get another upgrade kit at the end of the daily quests which you can use on the Mighty Maypole which is placed in your city to get the Majestic Maypole.

DeletedUser7986

Daily quests
4. Research a technology & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.

DeletedUser4381

nice that you don't know but want to help those players

but the game detects the end and players who reached it don't need to do it anymore

so no alternative is necessary
it is great it when those quest conditions are already completed when I get those quests

Except when the scout/conquer/research quests have an "or" element... You are forced to do that element as the game does *not* auto-complete the quest in that scenario. I've had to abandon 2 of the last 3 events because the "or" requirement was to plunder people, and I am a peaceful player unless provoked.

DeletedUser

That leaves a statement from InnoGames about their point of view about forcing people to research a tech (and thereby being forced into the next Age).

No official statement here, just that I am passing this on with my own agreement on the feedback that maybe these quests need to be reconsidered.

Except when the scout/conquer/research quests have an "or" element

The 'or' element is exactly what players are asking for in many of the posts in this thread (and many other threads for other events). While I can appreciate players values on what they do and do not want to do, having any other alternative on these quests is better that no alternative at all.

DeletedUser

No official statement here, just that I am passing this on with my own agreement on the feedback that maybe these quests need to be reconsidered.

The 'or' element is exactly what players are asking for in many of the posts in this thread (and many other threads for other events). While I can appreciate players values on what they do and do not want to do, having any other alternative on these quests is better that no alternative at all.

Very much appreciated, thank you :)

DeletedUser4256

I'm at the end of all, so for me the campaign map quests are autocompleting, regardless of that I totally agree with all the above feedback, an alternative must be given on such quests.
The rewarded items of this event which just produce coins and some happiness have no value for me, I'm getting similar items on GE week after week and my inventory is already flooded of them and such like, oh! and I also have 15 Reno and 4 One-up kits sitting in my inventory :)

imo even for lower players having the Maypole (upgraded or not) is not worth it, once a player manages to build St.Marks the production and coins income wont be a problem anymore and by doing GE, whether fighting or negotiating, they'll get more coins and more items that provide happiness.
And yes, all the events are skippable, no one is forced to do them but careful with this bcos if a player doesnt bother doing more worthless events under his point of view maybe tomorrow he also will not bother to log in again

Among other things, the fun of a game like this is to build things not having to leave them in a inventory

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8024

I am torn about the issue of having to research/scout/conquer. I don't like those quests because it forces me to move through the game faster than I want. I am a relatively new player, but I have learned to slow down. It makes things more interesting and fun. When I get too far ahead of myself in a world, I then consider abandoning that world because it is more work than fun. When quests push me, you run the risk of me losing interest because I have been pushed to far too fast.

On the other hand I recognize the obvious answer: quests are optional, if you don't like them don't do them. It is hard to resists them, and when I get excited about the final prize only to figure out later that it's not worth what the questline demands, then I am bummed. Also, quests are meant to be challenging and even requiring sacrifice, so maybe I shouldn't expect to be able to have my cake (quest bounties) and eat it too (keep at my own pace).

My comments are really not to suggest a particular solution, but rather to explore the psychological aspects of this dilemma. You don't want to turn people off of the game, so the right mix is important.

DeletedUser8024

As we have players in all different states of progression in the game, finding quest requirements that are generally as difficult across most ages is not always as simple as it seems.
I have no doubt many of you may have ideas on this already, and I hope you will share what you think might be good alternatives.
I understand a lot of the feedback about 'oh no, not another event', but as has already been pointed out, none of the events are mandatory.

One of the problems with the research/scout/conquer requirements is the fact that it is so much harder to do these in more advanced ages. Finishing 24-hour production targets should be an equitable alternative for all ages. Collecting Tavern Silver is also more equitable since it doesn't change by age. Polishing/Motivating also is equal between ages.

DeletedUser8119

Daily:
5. Recruit 5 units from your age or 8 from previous age and spend 7 forge points.