• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback May Day Event

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7858

i just do the events as far as i can or want, even if the rewards are not that good
Same here. The only problem I have with events like the May Day Event is that dang pop-up "PLAY NOW" that will app0-ear every time you long in or refresh the page. It pops up when you when you can't do the quest because your waiting for the next cycle to do stuff like motivate/polish or scout or whatever. It probably will pop-up even if you finish the whole quest line and there is nothing else left to do.

No wonder there are so many posts on the main server forums about FOE trying to force game play through quests. Do the developers not release that a continuous pop-up of this nature is annoying a hell?

I (like many others) play a multitude of worlds, to which we log on 3 or 4 times daily, not to mention the times we refresh the page when on the world for a length of time doing GE or GvG. The simple math is as follows: Play 6 world 3 times a day with 1 refresh on each equals 24 times we have the annoyance of that "Play Now" pop-up.

It gets old - it looks like FOE think players are too stupid to know that there is an event running and need constant reminding. The simplest solution is to put the countdown timer inside the screen, in the case of May Day, of brother Event Quest - Halvard and a box where we can check DO NOT SHOW THIS AGAIN on the popup.

You wilol have a lot more happy players and the more happy a player isn the more they will spend $$ on diamonds.

It is clear that the growing number of events, few of them valuable, are in order for no one to be stuck in eras, but rather press for any player to advance ... it is the spirit of innogames to force this rhythm of play ...
FOE is also a war game (continent map, GE, GVG, pvp) that requires high level GB's. You dont just get to level 10 overnight, it takes thousands of FP over a length of time. Some quests will give us alternatives to researching a quest by donating to a GB, and they should be doing that every quest.

DeletedUser730

Same as other people: stuck on quest 2. This is getting seriously lame. Going to stop doing these events. Inno can shove them...

DeletedUser7431

If I research a technology I´ll pass to a new era and I can´t do this yet, so I can´t follow this event. :(
One thing is sure, moving up one age/era for a lousy Maypole isn't on the cards, no way !!
If Inno can't manage to provide alternatives - whatever that is - instead of forcing a player to move up a level I wouldn't bother the event.

DeletedUser5160

... Why cannot Inno understand that people play for fun, not for stress. Forcing us to play into terrible ages or when we're not ready is TERRIBLE TERRIBLE design.

P.S. Inno, we don't have to play Beta and the amount of people becoming inactive is increasing. Give us Diamonds so we can pay our way through what you are trying to test or run out of people that are willing to have their opinions ignored before it goes to Live.

Last edited by a moderator:

Achaeus

Marquis
There are some technologies in the tech tree that you do not need to necessarily complete. I leave those and go back to them when I am in a position of not wanting to age up or if I don't have the goods to complete a research quest. That being said I do agree that having an alternative available would be nice for the research and scouting.

DeletedUser7431

... Why cannot Inno understand that people play for fun, not for stress. Forcing us to play into terrible ages or when we're not ready is TERRIBLE TERRIBLE design.

P.S. Inno, we don't have to play Beta and the amount of people becoming inactive is increasing. Give us Diamonds so we can pay our way through what you are trying to test or run out of people that are willing to have their opinions ignored before it goes to Live.

" .... willing to have their opinions ignored .... " .... LMAO - nice one :D:rolleyes:

DeletedUser1279

Do I have to delete my current Maypole, and replace it with its twin? Or may I leave the old one in inventory and, If lucky to do all quests (anyone have 200 water so I can unlock a tech?) upgrade the one I currently have?

For your sake Inno just STOP the spend 7 FPs crap. Do you expect we have FP generating cheats?
For these I usually wait until daily collection, and then spend 7FP at a time while doing the other part of the quest. I also have a lot of FP packs to burn through these really fast. Its really annoying though because of the odd amount.

DeletedUser4285

7/12 quests done.
Currently on the scouting quest.

Can someone type down the remaining quests please?

DeletedUser5429

8/12 : scout a province (+ spend 7 FPs)
9/12 : finish a 4 hour production 8 times(+ spend 7 FPs)

DeletedUser5383

There I was actually just playing FoE for a change (peace) and then YET another event (which I wont be doing)
Do Inno not realise that might be struggling to get the goods for YET another tech research, or that not only do I have to do GE, GvG, but take YET another province so I can scout the next.? This is not only on Beta, but x 3 for the other live worlds I'm on.
Forge of Events is pushing these events too far and really taking the enjoyment & anticipation I used to have an for the next event. I'll except a Inno birthday event as an extra, but please cut out all these mini events so we can just get back to playing FoE, now and again.

DeletedUser8061

Can someone type down the remaining quests please?

MAY DAY EVENT QUESTLINE (12/12 daily quests):
1. Gather 100 coins & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Maypole.
2. In a production building, finish a 1-hour-production 10 times & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
3. Research a technology & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
4. Motivate or polish 40 buildings & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
5. Recruit 4 units from your age or 6 from the previous age & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
6. Make people enthusiastic & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
7. Build 2 residential buildings from your age or 4 from the previous age & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
8. Scout a province & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
9. In a production building, finish a 4-hour-production 8 times & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
10. Acquire 2 sectors without fighting & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
11. Gather 40 goods & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
12. Gain control over a province & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random & Portrait Halvald.
Bonus for completion: Maypole upgrade & Renovation Kit.

Daily quests:
1. Buy 7 FPs & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
2. Infiltrate 5 sectors & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
3. In a production building, finish a 8-hour-production 6 times & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
4. Research a technology & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
5. Recruit 5 units from your age or 8 from the previous age & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
6. Visit 8 Taverns & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
7. Finish a 24-hour-production 4 times & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
8. Build 2 culture buildings from your age or 3 from the previous age & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
9. Acquire 2 sectors without fighting & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
10. Gather 50 goods & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
11. Contribute 20 FPs to GBs or research a technology. Reward: Random.
12. Gain control over a province & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.
Bonus for completion: Maypole upgrade & 3 Boost Crates.

I'm still at first daily quest, because I have absolutely no coins to buy some more FPs. Didn't expect that one.:oops:

I can update my post for those who need it, though I think plenty of people will be ahead of me in knowing the new quests :)

DeletedUser1279

I sympathize with you, Harleen. I got the first quest, but will not be able to continue. I just do not have the goods required to unlock any techs, so that's it for me. The amount of goods required to unlock some techs and sectors are outrageous, and quest after quest after quest insist upon scouts, provinces, and sectors. If we were given an unlimited number of diamonds, and required goods, we could all do them, but such is not life. I also do not have anywhere near the number of goods needed to do the scouting, sectors, and provinces, regardless of the order they are requested.

Arete

Farmer
I have a question concerning the upgrade of the Maypole: Am I going right that after comleting the first questline I will get one upgrade item to upgrade my Maypole to a Mighty Maypole (2x3) and after completing the second daily-triggered questline I will get another upgrade item to upgrade my Mighty Maypole to a Majestic Maypole (3x3)? So I will have a possibility of reaching the highest level of the Maypole in just one event?
Thank you in advance. :)

DeletedUser8061

I have a question concerning the upgrade of the Maypole: Am I going right that after comleting the first questline I will get one upgrade item to upgrade my Maypole to a Mighty Maypole (2x3) and after completing the second daily-triggered questline I will get another upgrade item to upgrade my Mighty Maypole to a Majestic Maypole (3x3)? So I will have a possibility of reaching the highest level of the Maypole in just one event?
Thank you in advance. :)

You're absolutely correct.

DeletedUser7986

Daily quests
2. Infiltrate 5 sectors & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.