• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback May Day Event

DeletedUser4446

I think many people are fine with it. Sure, all those quest based events are repetitive are not very exciting, but I don't mind. Events come with free stuff, so I'll gladly do one every week, if they would run it.

People mostly run to the forums when they're not happy, so it's not all about what people say here. It's also about what is not said.
To know what the player base really feels about these events, they should invite all players to take part in some online poll. Then they would also get some necessary feedback from the players that never visit the forums. I think the response rate will be quite high due to this new in-your-face announcement thing that you can't get rid of...

DeletedUser5450

Official feedback on the May Day Event: meh. I'm not terribly excited or repelled by the quests. I typically do not build culture buildings from any event, but the new avatar is not bad. What I would like to see different in future events:
1. No more time-delayed quests. Let us just finish it and be done if that's what we want? Time-delays are like ripping off a band-aid slowly. We want to just get it over with already ;)
2. The historical event popup on every login is annoying. Please limit the popup to the first log in. It's especially annoying to have to click away during a GvG battle aborted crash and you are trying to get back on the map quickly.
3. "Build 3 decorations of your age" is a quest that should offer an alternate. It's been stated numerous times on this thread and on the Easter Event feedback thread that this thread is near-impossible to complete without spending diamonds at certain points of the technology tree.

DeletedUser5473

Official feedback on the May Day Event: meh. I'm not terribly excited or repelled by the quests. I typically do not build culture buildings from any event, but the new avatar is not bad. What I would like to see different in future events:
1. No more time-delayed quests. Let us just finish it and be done if that's what we want? Time-delays are like ripping off a band-aid slowly. We want to just get it over with already ;)
Generally events are created to last longer than a day that's why there is time delays. It's so everyone can work around the same pace.

2. The historical event popup on every login is annoying. Please limit the popup to the first log in. It's especially annoying to have to click away during a GvG battle aborted crash and you are trying to get back on the map quickly.
Login popup is important to have. So many people don't read it and then ask questions that is already answered in that popup.... How ling until the event finishes or what does that building do... This event you would've noticed a lot of players still asking about the Maypole and what it does even thou the info is in the forum with stats and its in the pop up.

3. "Build 3 decorations of your age" is a quest that should offer an alternate. It's been stated numerous times on this thread and on the Easter Event feedback thread that this thread is near-impossible to complete without spending diamonds at certain points of the technology tree.
Build 3 decorations of your age, should've been current age and previous age to be fair. That has been taken up to the devs and questioned again. There is a few players stuck on this one and the troops version of this quest. Regards to spending diamonds I recommend not to spend them unless it's something you really want or it's part of the event games eg. Buy eggs for easter or tickets for summer or stars for winter events.

DeletedUser1283

I got caught too, it not exactly a bug but something to be fixed before it goes to live servers.

I have a quest to build 3 decorations of same age but I have another 200 FP to invest and 500 goods to find before I can get to my first decoration in FE. so the only way I can make the quest is to buy 200 FP and then use diamonds to buy 500 goods. I thought we had got agreement not to have quests where a player could get stuck because he was not far enough advanced in the tech tree.

DeletedUser7265

Most things were said, but one positive feedback: Thank you, that you give an alternative to "Research a technology". So that's the first of these short questbased events I can probably end.

DeletedUser7313

Okay enough with the same old poop!!! So sick of these events that you have to spend loads of coins and goods to complete and get nothing in return!! And why so much time between quests??? Why can't we just complete them as fast as we can?? Do you realize how long it takes to scout a province when you get advanced in the game??? 2 days for some eras!! Way too many of the same old events already this year. Do something exciting and new PLEASE!!!

DeletedUser6705

I think many people are fine with it. Sure, all those quest based events are repetitive are not very exciting, but I don't mind. Events come with free stuff, so I'll gladly do one every week, if they would run it.

What do you mean, "free stuff"?
Without the last event I can buy the astronaut status for a small handful of coins and supplies, in order to get it for "free" at the event I'd have to waste 200 PME and CE goods on negotiating sectors... In this carbon copy of any event some people would buy 200 FPs and probably buy some goods with diamonds in order to get a "free" 2 x 2 cultural building.

Of course I understand that Inno can't give wishy wells of SoKs away on a weekly basis, but somehow the effort required for an event ought to bear some relation to the potential reward. Personally, I would like to see more tasks that encourage players to visit other cities and think about the tech tree, for example
* polish 5 cultural buildings each from 3 different ages
* motivate three different productions buildings from your age twice
Quests like that may take more time and effort to complete than just paying money/coins/goods, but at least players wouldn't have to waste huge amounts of resources for paltry "rewards".

DeletedUser4446

The main prize is the victory tower, not the astronaut statue.
But obviously I agree that it's not worth it for many players.
Other short events have brought interesting gifts though; a champion's retreat, a king... not bad at all.

On most of my worlds I have completed the future, so there's nothing left to negotiate.
These quests auto-complete, so for players at that stage of the game, everything is indeed for free, besides having to build a few pod homes here and there.

Kylavo

Farmer
I am confused by reactions to these events. Why is there complaining about prizes? Why complain about what you aren't getting out of the events? I thought Beta was about finding what does and doesn't work. Finding things that need fixing before they go live. While I'm not a great fan of all the new mini-events, it is a great way to try new things.

I come here to try and find if others are having a similar issue to mine and all I see is whining. Really?

Tanmay11

Regent
I am confused by reactions to these events. Why is there complaining about prizes? Why complain about what you aren't getting out of the events? I thought Beta was about finding what does and doesn't work. Finding things that need fixing before they go live. While I'm not a great fan of all the new mini-events, it is a great way to try new things.

I come here to try and find if others are having a similar issue to mine and all I see is whining. Really?
Beta forum is no different than any other forum.....its usually the same bunch whining all the time about everything...but its best to just ignore them coz they will be never be happy.

mini events were never an issue....if yo don't like them just don't do it, its as simple as that.
don't try to force your opinion on others as there are a lot of players that like these events

Last edited:

DeletedUser4285

Seems like all the quests that involve map and tech have an easy alternative to them like spending some FPs (except maybe 1 or 2). This is great for those of us playing on many worlds. However the one with infiltrate a sector or two could do with an alternative. ;)

So how does the maypole compare to the regular cultural buildings of that particular age?

DeletedUser5473

Seems like all the quests that involve map and tech have an easy alternative to them like spending some FPs (except maybe 1 or 2). This is great for those of us playing on many worlds. However the one with infiltrate a sector or two could do with an alternative. ;)

So how does the maypole compare to the regular cultural buildings of that particular age?

Maypole
cpDEqk9.png

• Type: Cultural Building
  • Size: 2x2
  • Obtainable From: May Day Event 2016
Happiness is doubled while polished
Renovation Kit needed to upgrade building

AgeHappinessPoints
Bronze Age18020
Iron Age23032
Early Middle Ages32080
High Middle Ages350160
Late Middle Ages400240
Colonial Age460400
Industrial Age510800
Progressive Era5801,200
Modern Era6202,000
Postmodern Era6503,200
Contemporary Era7504,800
Tomorrow9108,000
The Future1,09012,800

Courtesy of @byeordie

DeletedUser2752

Even though it is way more efficient than normal buildings, it's a 2x2, which makes it a waste for me due to the small increase of happiness when it's aided.

DeletedUser4285

Yeah that extra 1k happies don't cut it huh as opposed to a good 7k from an eco park. ;)

DeletedUser6409

My only concern is if the mini-events are taking to much time from fixing the core problems with stalement in the game when you have completed all research and completed the campaign map.

DeletedUser6705

Well, please define "what does and what doesn't work" ;)
I suspect it's posts like mine that you classify as "whining". I assure you, that's not what is intended. However, this is now the 3rd event in a row which works only for reasonably new players and the old hands who have completed the map. For folks in ME - TE the cost (goods) to complete the quest line is so huge compared to the reward at the end of it that it would be madness to complete it on the live server.

That's fine as a one-off, but three times in a row is more than just a bit off-putting; therefore - the event in its current form does not work for players in the latter stages of the map. Where if not in the feedback section of the Beta server should this be aired?

DeletedUser5473

Yeah that extra 1k happies don't cut it huh as opposed to a good 7k from an eco park. ;)
eco park is 30 squares (6x5) at 7,000 happiness = 233.334 happiness per square
maypole is 4 squares (2x2) at 1020 happiness = 255.000 happiness per square

so when comparing these 2 future era buildings to a single square the maypole is almost 10% for happier then an eco park so really if you have a small 2x2 area its worth building.