• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Mahatma Gandhi Historical Questline

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

LadyHecate

Marquis
Is this another event that is only being tested on the browser?
Or is it is supposed to appear on the app as well?
As usual, it's only on the Browser! Got half way through the event yesterday on my PC and then logged onto my mobile this a.m. and no event! Can't even remember which quest I was on so that I could knock that one out for next time I log onto the PC.
I won't be building it anyway; I avoid having any decorations or cultural buildings in my city.

DeletedUser8341

Sometimes, when logging in on the app, there is a little message about "you can also play on the browser." What a joke, when the browser is the only platform properly supported.

DeletedUser8408

Just an FYI, the Did You know on the log on page says we have until Oct 12 to finish the Mahatma Gandhi questline...

DeletedUser7781

O... that's... quite a long time...

giphy.gif

DeletedUser

The reward is poor in every age - in bronze even, it takes too much space...
And really - if someone is so desperate about 5% boost for coins and supply - why don't you rethink your city, because it obviously isn't efficient and no 5% boost will improve it, seriously, it will only take so much space you need for production buildings to make it more efficient...

DeletedUser8341

The event has appeared on the app now! I am pleased to see it being given a reasonable chance to be tested.

The event button appeared on the Quest Overview without any prior message or introduction. Is that intentional, or should there have been an introductory screen, like there has for other quests?

My Daily Challenge includes "win 4 battles" while the Historic Quest is titled "The path of nonviolence". That's not a criticism, just an amusing occurrence.

Last edited by a moderator:

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
The event has appeared on the app now! I am pleased to see it being given a reasonable chance to be tested.

The event button appeared on the Quest Overview without any prior message or introduction. Is that intentional, or should there have been an introductory screen, like there has for other quests?
In general things are not there on the app at the same time on browser because of technical limitations. When something new is created it is there with a new game update. For browser on Beta that happens on a daily basis, but for mobile that's not a possibility. The app has to go through the app stores and it's also the same app used on live - meaning updating it frequently would mean potentially more issues on live.

Activating any new feature, questline, etc. on the app when the correct game version has not yet been released and set as lowest possible app version, could make more trouble or even make your beta gameplay on the app not possible at all with no possibility of fixing that in a reasonable time (because once any 'fix' is done the app would have to be tested & resubmitted to the stores and then we'd need to wait for the appstores to approve it). So while not being able to test things all the time in parallel on both platforms is certainly not very convenient, it's happening like that for very good reasons.

As for a prior message/introduction, I am not fully sure what you're referring to but if you're thinking about the questline's info screen then you have clearly already seen that on browser and therefore it would not appear elsewhere. :)

DeletedUser8341

Thank you for the considerate response, Darkstar. While I am not aware of which software you use for programming the app, I have been a software developer for a few decades (gosh, does that make me sound experienced, or just old?) and can imagine some of the challenges. I am surprised by the implication that an event requires a software update, as I had just assumed (there's that dangerous word in software development) that a new event was data-only.

As for a prior message/introduction, I am not fully sure what you're referring to but if you're thinking about the questline's info screen then you have clearly already seen that on browser and therefore it would not appear elsewhere. :)
I have been suspecting for some time that there is a general belief in Inno that the app is an adjunct to game-play on the browser.

Bear with me while I explain how I came to Forge of Empires:
I was playing a WW2 strategy game on my iPad. (An IPad, containing a processor more powerful than in most PCs 12 years ago and with a screen resolution beating most laptops, is easily enough to handle my own game movements while simultaneously computing the movements of a couple of dozen other nations' troops, ships and planes.) The game was free to play but showed adverts all the time, most of which I happily ignored. After a time, one advert kept catching my eye; it was about another app strategy game I could play that sounded vaguely like another game I used to play, starting from stone age and building an empire while improving technological levels.

After a while, I decided to see what this app was about and had a look on the App Store. I don't even remember reading about 'bring it to your iPad' - all I was aware of is that it is a game I can play on my iPad, which is what it is still advertised as.
IMG_1106.jpg
Hey, that sounds fun, I'll load it up and see what it's like.

For very personal reasons, my PCs are not available to me at the moment (I have a couple of my development screens from a setup like this but that's of no use to me at all .. I digress). What i have is an iPad Pro, which I am surprised to find is quite able to do most of my personal computing needs. It also plays Forge of Empires, well .. as you know, it doesn't really, it just plays a limited version of it (though there are a few areas where the interface is superior).
I play Forge of Empires a lot, I take part in the forums and the fan wiki. All on my iPad, without ever touching a PC.

I would like it if the game was as advertised but I have got used to playing a cut-down version of the game and that many top guilds will disbar me from joining, since I can't play the full game.
I am not alone in ONLY or PRIMARILY playing Forge of Empires on the app. I have had conversations with a lot of app players, some of whom only play in the PC now and then because they want to do something the app does not allow them to do. One player only plays while commuting on the train, never at work or home.

So, I hope you now see that "you have clearly already seen that on browser and therefore it would not appear elsewhere" is in error. Like many people, I don't play the game on browser (though I have had some occasional access). If an event is to commence then it needs to be announced to app players, just like it needs to be announced to browser players. Maybe it could be noted that a player has seen it on one device, so does not need to see it on the other, but without that, it is better to show it on both so that people who don't play on browser, or experience the Event on app first, get an introduction to it.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
So, I hope you now see that "you have clearly already seen that on browser and therefore it would not appear elsewhere" is in error. Like many people, I don't play the game on browser (though I have had some occasional access). If an event is to commence then it needs to be announced to app players, just like it needs to be announced to browser players. Maybe it could be noted that a player has seen it on one device, so does not need to see it on the other, but without that, it is better to show it on both so that people who don't play on browser, or experience the Event on app first, get an introduction to it.
Let me clarify, since it seems there's a misunderstanding here. :) You will always see the info screen, if one exists, regardless of which platform you are playing on. But since we do not want to annoy people because on live markets when something becomes active it's activated for all platforms at the same time - this info screen will only be shown once. Which means if you login via mobile first, you will only see it there. If you login via browser first, you will only see it there. But ultimately you will see the info screen regardless of the platform you're using.

The case with Beta is very particular because we cannot always active things on mobile at the same time as on browser, which means if you play on browser (in addition to mobile) chances are you will likely see it on browser (and only there). There are indeed further limitations for mobile because it's not just data sent across servers, you also need all the basic components of the app (such as graphics) in order for it to function properly. For new content all those new components are not there till an app update takes place.

Regarding the general state of the app compared to the browser - there is very little that is on one platform and not the other (such as GvG), or very little that is different (some buttons functionality). Of course some things look different because the app has an app interface, while browser has a browser interface. But in general the aim is to try and unify content and behaviors over the two. Not all was there from the beginning since of course browser had a head-start on development, the mobile apps came later on. But lots of work has been done toward that goal, and it continues to be done.

DeletedUser7951

Sadly the reward still is as useless as before, and nothing I would consider putting up in any age. It's not worth the space it takes, it just isn't.

Fairy Lily

Steward
I don't see it as useless. I am always low on supplies... always! This will help boost my productions amount and will make it worth building both here and in my live Arctic era world. Plus it looks like really nice!

DeletedUser8469

Hi everyone!!!!

I have a city in EMA and the reward is great for my city

but but but I would like to ask to have less productions quest (15 15 minutes etc) : I really don't find interest in that kind of quest

The pavillon is nice and it's worth getting it for small cities like mine :)

psssst : thank you for the 400 Diamonds :)

DeletedUser7781

Well it is 10% boost now.

I am revising my earlier statement, will tell my guilds not to place it. For a 4x4 building it is underwhelming...

DeletedUser8277

A historical questline that requires CMap and tech tree advancement or 1200 goods into treasury? No thank you.

On beta I'm not in a position currently to do either of those things, and on live the prize is so underwhelming I'm not going to bother. Besides we have to now save thousands of goods for weekly DC's...

This prize would have been meh as a 2x3.

DeletedUser8341

Quest 8 (? It isn't so easy to tell with the Quest Overview, since the numbering is no longer in the heading)

Scout a province
I don't have a scouting opportunity without taking at least one province (I have no way to know if just taking one will be sufficient). For all I know, a later quest will want me to take a province and then what do I do, since I have already been pushed into a future age by past quests/events/challenges.

This kind of quest would be better if it were scaled to the age of player and were 'have xyz province or take one new province' because at least that way, we are not continually pushed into the future but, instead, are rewarded for keeping up.

Yes, there is an option...

or solve 12 encounters in the Guild Expedition
I have already reached 45 in the GE and my guild has not (and is not likely to) open up level 4. So, I am stuck on this option unless I wait until next week .. yet I still have 7 quests to go over the next 4 days. So, this 'option' is an almost impossibility for me, especially if there is any of the 15x8 hour productions or multiple demands for even 10 FP. If the Questline were launched on Sunday and this was the FIRST quest, then it would be OK. Otherwise, it is not good: some players are at level 4 by the end of the first day, presumably having spent money to buy the opportunity to do so!

This kind of quest would be far better if, as I have seen lately, it was to have solved an entire level of GE. I might as well be asked to achieve something on GvG despite being an app player.

(What this means for me, individually, is that I should give up on this quest right now.)

Instead of guiding a new player into all the aspects of the game and getting them engaged, this kind of quest teaches us all to hold BACK on the game as much as possible until an event requires us to move forward. Also, it discourages those who buy diamonds to rush through GE or the Continent Map.

DeletedUser8471

[QUOTE="Prinza the Hunter, post: 52041, member: 8341"If the Questline were launched on Sunday and this was the FIRST quest, then it would be OK. Otherwise, it is not good: some players are at level 4 by the end of the first day, presumably having spent money to buy the opportunity to do so!

Also, it discourages those who buy diamonds to rush through GE or the Continent Map. [/QUOTE]

I just want to say don't spend money on diamond to rush GE to Cmap. And yet if I do choose I can complete GE1-4 in the first day or 2 of the week. Again, I do not buy Diamonds (my financial state doesn't allow this at the moment). Diamonds are rewards for completing certain stages in GE, most common in level 4. You can also use Medals to purchase extra attempts, and extra attempts are reward in some stages as well. I have had weeks where I was able to complete level 1 Spending little to no medals, and sometimes would still have nearly a full bar and would need to wait for someone to unlock the next levels.

So your assumption of players purchasing diamonds and using them to rush through GE on the first day is incorrect. In late game medals can build and build having run out of Victory expansion and (surprise!) not compete in GvG because they are a mobile based Guild. So they will spend excessive amounts of medals on extra attempts to just get it over and done with all at once.

DeletedUser8341

If the Questline were launched on Sunday and this was the FIRST quest, then it would be OK. Otherwise, it is not good: some players are at level 4 by the end of the first day, presumably having spent money to buy the opportunity to do so!

Also, it discourages those who buy diamonds to rush through GE or the Continent Map.

I just want to say don't spend money on diamond to rush GE to Cmap. And yet if I do choose I can complete GE1-4 in the first day or 2 of the week. Again, I do not buy Diamonds (my financial state doesn't allow this at the moment). Diamonds are rewards for completing certain stages in GE, most common in level 4. You can also use Medals to purchase extra attempts, and extra attempts are reward in some stages as well. I have had weeks where I was able to complete level 1 Spending little to no medals, and sometimes would still have nearly a full bar and would need to wait for someone to unlock the next levels.

So your assumption of players purchasing diamonds and using them to rush through GE on the first day is incorrect. In late game medals can build and build having run out of Victory expansion and (surprise!) not compete in GvG because they are a mobile based Guild. So they will spend excessive amounts of medals on extra attempts to just get it over and done with all at once.
Your well-meaning advice is understood but I wasn't talking about how well-developed players might strategise. I am saying that the result of pushing GE quests or challenges at the wrong point in time will discourage any players from paying money for GE. It might only be a few players who would but I imagine that Inno have a care for their own income.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8471

Wel that makes more sense to me explained in that way. It would indeed make me want to spend less if I was a player that purchased diamonds for the sole purpose of rushing GE in that way.