• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Feedback Jules 20/12/2011

Jules

Squire
This feedback is based on the template from this post.
I posted my general first impression of the game in this thread.

What was your first impression of the game as a whole?
My first impression is positive, the graphics look fantastic and the principle sounds promising. I don't want to get into details, but if every aspect of the game was as polished as the first 5 minutes game time, the game would be fantastic.

Did you find it hard to learn how to play Forge of empires?/Were you ever unsure of what to do?
No/Yes
After the tutorial, there were quests that told me what to do until one moment 'Quest built a goods building', the quest accomplishion seemed far away and I didn't really know what to built until then. I wished a smother transition between the easy and time consuming quests.

How can we make things easier for new player?
see above

What do you think of the Gui(user interface) of Forge of empires?
It is useful, the whole browser is used to display the 'ground' unlike in Lagoonia, where only 1/4 of the browser window is used.
There is nothing wrong with the top-bar.
But the bottom-bar could be improved:
-The player tab should be abandoned and instead a ranking added where we could see the same details, also proper profile integration (onklick = opens new 'window' with the details.)
-The settings, ?, fullscreen, zoom, forums, innogameslink, agbs,.. in another at the right or at the very bottom.
-The icons(other menus) are well placed and I wouldn't change them.

How can we improve the gui/ What buttons or features would you like to add?
see above

What do you think of the balancing system of forge of empires?/ Is a unit, building or feature over- or under-powered?
The population is until now useless.
The happiness, gold and stone(?) are well balanced.
I can't say anything about units or buildings, as I have only seen few.

What are your thoughts on the world-map overview? / How can we improve it?
It looks like SevenLands, but I can't say more than what I said in my feedbackpost.
I don't know what the benefits of conquering are.

What did you think about the hex battlefield system, which lets you control your unit in battle? What is good, what is bad and how can we improve it?
It is totally new for me in a browsergame, so I like it so far. But I can probably see some major flaws. Sometime 'everyone' will have the best units and as only 8 are allowed, a fight between 2 same armies results in someone winning with only luck and without skill.

What do you think of the premium system(diamonds) and which improvements and features would you like to see in the future?
The only use of diamonds I have seen is that you can buy strategypoints with diamonds, this is acceptable and I am sure there will be more that can be bought with diamonds.
But I would rather want a premium-account, which I can activate for a 'few' weeks and which gives me more overview/more gold per hour/ more stone per hour/more stategypoints per hour...

General feedback:
Please state your thoughts ideas or visions for the game that did not fit into a category above:
Please read my first impression I posted in the public Feedback section.

I can only reaffirm that multiplayer has to be a key point in further development.

Thank you