• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Historical Questline - Vincent van Gogh

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Please leave any feedback for this questline here.
You can find all the details here.

Thank you!

DeletedUser

3x2 with 3FPs daily is very good, nice! But with medals for 24h production is a nuisance... WHY always medals, we practically ALWAYS don't want to produce? Why do you have to put them in every new thing: daily challenges, new GB, new event building...

DeletedUser7779

Reward looks cool ...half the size of Rosarium and even if we can't collect the FP 3 times a day but only 2 it's totally worth it.
Thumbs up for making it available on mobile also.
If there's acquire a province on that one too, might skip Cleopatra on live servers to save the province for this one. Like most of the others, I'm way ahead on cmap in my farm cities on live

DeletedUser4381

I'm not sure about earlier ages, but the Magnum Opus 24h reward of 197 Medals in OF seems to be at least 10% too low.It is falling short when compared to other small medal producing special buildings, in that 6 Victory towers give the equivalent to 240 medals/day, and the SoA equates to 217/day.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I do not want a few medals for 24 hours produktion, that's a waste of space and 2 FP for 24 hours would be a nice change. Supply are more useful than medals or give 8 Crowns for 8 hours

DeletedUser8859

Magnum Opus, only medals in the 24h productions? I don't need it.
You may not, other may do.
However,
  • Medals are more commonly seen as the 1 hr or 4 hr production. Also the 8 hr production at the Santa Workshop.
  • FPs or Goods are more commonly the 24 hr production.
  • It is the first time I see Medals as the 24 hr production of a special building.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8406

In Beta events starts in the beginning of week. So if there is quest "Search technology/Negotiate sectors OR negotiate 8 encounters in GE", the GE can be easily used as alternative.
But in live it starts on thursday - in this day I have usually almost 3 leverls in GE solved and 4th lvl is not opened every week in our guild. So I am not able to use it as alternative. This situation was in Cleopatra and probably will be in Van Gogh too.

Something is wrong. Would be possible to start events in another day on live or give another alternative or mark as solved when player have solved all opened levels of GE?

DeletedUser8859

Supply are more useful than medals
True, medals are only useful for EXPANSIONS, and maybe to buy attempts at GE. While supplies are needed for construction of buildings, training units, and completing quests.
However, there are more options to get supplies than medals, and even in those options that can give both (events, quests, others) the supplies are more commonly given.

DeletedUser8910

swap medals and guild power - depending on era - minimum of 10 and up the crowns as the player advances like a Hall of Fame - that's the only reason this has my interest

DeletedUser8859

Not all players value medals, guild power (crowns), supplies, coins the same way.
  • A Farmer style player, who does not fight a lot, may see a medals producing building in a different way than a
  • Warrior style player who do as many battles (GvG, GE, Hood, Continent) as he/she can manage and consistently get rewards for several PvP towers.weekly.
  • A player that plays say just one (1) hour daily, at night, may judge differently a special building than a
  • Player who play for hours, at several times during the day, who easily collect two and three times during that period. For this player, the 4 hr and 8 hr productions maybe more important than the 24 hrs one when judging if a special building is better than other one.
It maybe a good idea from INNO to not set all special buildings productions in the same order. Not all players are the same, or would benefit the same from a special building. Not all special buildings are meant to be "special" for everyone.

DeletedUser8406

True, bad strategy to complete or almost complete GE on the first day. Save attempts for later in the week for event quests, DCs.
Yes, bad strategy. Player who wants to play events cannot go forward in continent map, technology tree and now also GE too quickly.

In Beta players should try game news and find bugs. But there are not equal conditions - diamonds on beta (this should be some kind of promo) and different day of start (without further announcement, last two events first started and few hours later was announcement in main page).

Diamonds I can buy on live (and that's the point inno wants), but is impossible to delay start of GE.

DeletedUser7942

Would be possible to start events in another day on live or give another alternative or mark as solved when player have solved all opened levels of GE?
Doubtful they would. But yeah between DC and Events and just playing the game for many it seem it's coming down more and more to choose one and forget the others. I often like completing GE64 day one on my main world, to inspire the troopers you know, but if I wanted to do DC's or Events that throws that out the window.

And if there wasn't a beta to which I find the quest requirements before going Live so I could prepare I wouldn't do anything in game because I would have no idea what then next quest would ask for. Something is definitely wrong here.

DeletedUser

True, bad strategy to complete or almost complete GE on the first day. Save attempts for later in the week for event quests, DCs.
So, what is GOOD strategy for doing GE? 8 attempts per day? And if we have enemy, who is done with 133% on Thursday, everyone in the guild should say: "hey, no matter, I must save my attempts for event or DC's, so I won't finish GE before Monday morning!"? I do 64 in 2 days, I used to do it on Tuesday - I have tons of useless medals in inventory, but I got bored for the whole week, so I slowed...

DeletedUser

And if there wasn't a beta to which I find the quest requirements before going Live so I could prepare I wouldn't do anything in game because I would have no idea what then next quest would ask for. Something is definitely wrong here.

Yeah, now first thing I do in the game is freeze, when it's loaded. I can't do practically nothing if I won't open a DC chest. That is frustrating and now I get a tip: don't do GE... Yeah, great tip.

DeletedUser7942

So, what is GOOD strategy
The only good strategy is planning ahead. We're lucky enough to have a beta so we can know what the quests will be before they go live. Now I don't know if the same can be said of DC's because I don't have any experience in them to know if you can plan ahead but at least for events you can.

DeletedUser7942

don't do GE... Yeah, great tip.
well that's the nature of it if you want to do events, I mean you know generally what they ask for so you'll have some idea but yeah it's not such a good situation I think with so many events, DC's and regular game play. You're really just best off planning ahead when you can. When an event comes on Beta I don't collect anything, clear tavern, do GE, nothing. I wait to see what the next quest says. What stinks about that is unless you have a bunch of fp's in inventory you have to wait because of so many quests requiring fp's to be spent, so I'll go days without collecting, clearing tavern etc. just in case something like that comes up in a quest.

DeletedUser

The only good strategy is planning ahead. We're lucky enough to have a beta so we can know what the quests will be before they go live. Now I don't know if the same can be said of DC's because I don't have any experience in them to know if you can plan ahead but at least for events you can.
Well, you see, there is a thing with DC's... they don't have alternatives and they don't last for a week, only 24 hours.
So, when I get: negotiate 5 sectors and I have one available and I have to do a recon of new province, which would take me 2 days, I get a TIP from suport that I should plan ahead and make sure I have enough available sectors (how? how should I know how much would be enough? after all, there are provinces with only 4 sectors at all...) ... and that recon may be speeded with diaxes... P2W, right?

And there's event going on through this particular DC and I KNOW that tomorrow I would get "conquer a province". I may choose to skip DC, because I know about event, but why Inno is making me to skip DC? Or pay real money for not skipping?

The game is no longer about planning and strategy, but more and more about paying. I don't like that.