• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Historical Questline - Galileo Galilei

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Just receive some concerns form some lower age players in my guild
some just age up from BRONZE AGE to Iron age. Thy don't have the goods to donate to the treasury
so there for thy can,t finish quest 4. As we all know you need to trade double the amount of bronze age goods for Iron age goods
The time thy can do it the quest is done. This i feel is a disadvantage to all smaller players and small guilds
how can an alternative be an disadvantage ?

they could only offer research like in past events

:rolleyes:

this is very unclear
as i donate all ages from IA to Ind age and nothing show that is been donated
No i cant donate from my currant era/age as i age up about a 2weeks ago so i will not have any goods near the amount been ask

PLEASE clear this up
what is unclear ?
your era = the era you are in
era below = one era earlier

iron age is only the era below if you are in early middle age
and ind age is the era below progressive era

DeletedUser7942

Just receive some concerns form some lower age players in my guild
some just age up from BRONZE AGE to Iron age. Thy don't have the goods to donate to the treasury
so there for thy can,t finish quest 4. As we all know you need to trade double the amount of bronze age goods for Iron age goods
The time thy can do it the quest is done. This i feel is a disadvantage to all smaller players and small guilds
I guess 300 goods can seem daunting to a newer player but as lionhead mentioned they can easily do the other part instead by researching a tech. Getting the goods shouldn't be all that difficult either, throw down five Vineyards or whatever and they'll have the goods in a couple days, less time if you help them and trade them at 2:1.

DeletedUser

the goods part of that quest is only for the players who:
mimimi I don't want to go to the next era and want to stay forever in my current era but I want the final reward
and those players have enough goods.

for normal advancing players there is the technology part of the quest

LadyHecate

Marquis
900? Is there a 900 one? The one shown in the posted screenshot says 300.
Quest 5: Galileo Galilei: " Research a Technology OR Donate 300 goods from your age or the previous to the treasury" and " Spend 20 Forge Points "
Quest 12: Galileo Galilei: "Gain control of a province OR Donate 900 goods from your era to the treasury" and "Activate 3 Boosts OR Spend 30 Forge Points"

DeletedUser7942

Quest 5: Galileo Galilei: " Research a Technology OR Donate 300 goods from your age or the previous to the treasury" and " Spend 20 Forge Points "
Quest 12: Galileo Galilei: "Gain control of a province OR Donate 900 goods from your era to the treasury" and "Activate 3 Boosts OR Spend 30 Forge Points"
Thanks, I blasted through the questline and didn't take note and just did the Research one and Province one. Yeah newer players that are not aware of beta to plan ahead won't be able to do 1200 goods in a week, that's 171 a day, doable for not so much newer player though, especially ones that plan ahead.

DeletedUser5429

Thanks, I blasted through the questline and didn't take note and just did the Research one and Province one. Yeah newer players that are not aware of beta to plan ahead won't be able to do 1200 goods in a week, that's 171 a day, doable for not so much newer player though, especially ones that plan ahead.
Goods donated by the Observatory, Arc or Atomium count, I suppose?

DeletedUser

newer players can research in less than a day
and easily acquire a province (scouting in less than a day)

so why should they plan to have 1200 goods ?

that would be stupid

900 goods is still a fat chunk of change even for an OF player.
I can sell them to you everybody in my main world
maybe for 150 FP (that would be comparable to the amount of FP needed for one research)

or ask the players with the highest chateaus in your world
they make that amount and more every day

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7942

newer players can research in less than a day
and easily acquire a province (scouting in less than a day)

so why should they plan to have 1200 goods ?

that would be stupid
I realize, just sayin there's that option as there's a variety of players, playstyles and players in a wide variety of time played to just starting to over 5 years, to each their own I say, stupid or otherwise.

DeletedUser4381

The incentive for OF players is to have completed the campaign map and as such the Quest will auto-complete!

It likely won't auto-complete, leaving the only option to donate goods.

One of the previous events had a map quest, with an alternative of plundering. "Pillage 2 buildings or Acquire 2 Sectors without fighting."

I'd completed the map, and it didn't auto-complete. I contacted support about it, and they informed me this was definitely by design.

[...] because the quest is designed with two alternatives and if you cannot meet one alternative you have to meet the other. [...] - the quest does not autocomplete.

(I'm a non-plunder player - except in revenge - so it was an event-killer for me, which is why I remember it.)

OmegaLee

Steward
The big challenge with so many quests is coming up with stuff we can still use.

Many of us are already maxed from previous events. I still have stuff rotting in inventory. Unless this building is exceptional, it will probably stay in inventory.