• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Historical Questline - Cleopatra

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8115

nice "obelisk"
We need more Provinces to conquer...

in the conquer action.... "or" or not "or", that is the question XD

PD.- In Decorations there are a Menhir that has the same name that the Obelisk ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8362

Acquire a province with no alternative... on a mini-event ??

If you want to encourage players to acquire provinces... then why do you have that sneaky mini quest once you've reached a certain province map that forces players to jump all the way to the Industrial Age or recurring quests disappear ??

DeletedUser5439

Quest line:
1 gather x coins; spend 15fp
2 research a tech OR donate x goods
3 negot 2 sectors OR negot 8 GE encounters; spend 15fp
4 recruit 5 or own or 6 of prev age; pay x coins
5 finish an 8-hour prod 10 times OR win 5 battles: spend 21fp
6 build 6 decs from own or prev age; spend 21fp
7 mot/pol 25; pay x supps
8 activate 3 boosts OR win 5 battles in a row; spend 30fp
9 finish a 4-hour prod 22 times; spend 30fp
10 gather x goods; infiltrate 5 sectors OR buy 10fp
11 build 1 cult bldg of own or prev age OR gather x goods; spend 42fp
12 acquire a province; spend 42fp

DeletedUser5439

And once again we have to acquire a province - that sucks for lower age players who have already been pushed far ahead on the map through doing endless events.... not sure the end building is worth the hassle. AND right after a 62-quest event that gave, well, what I got wasn't worth the effort. Not sure I will be doing any more events other than on beta, unless the rewards start being commensurate with the effort.

DeletedUser8115

12 acquires a province; spend 42fp .... o_O:eek:

How many provinces does the game have? How many days do you say "acquire a province"? What math teacher do you have? I do not get the accounts.
Players need more territories, more provinces of all ages, double or more...

DeletedUser

How many provinces does the game have?
more than 250

so if you make one every week (and events don't want more than one per week) it will take you 5 years to do the whole map

What math teacher do you have?
they don't have math teacher

because math teacher work at school
and InnoGames is obviously not a school

Players need more territories, more provinces of all ages, double or more...
500? which makes almost 10 years when doing one per week ?

that sucks for lower age players who have already been pushed far ahead on the map through doing endless events....
after 1 year in iron age I really also have problems doing the map part in events

DeletedUser7942

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Province_Rewards
(oh and the Wiki needs fixing btw, you got the last OF at the top)

257x50=12,850 travel diamonds (though I think you can get away w/o spending diamonds on the first couple)
BA-CA 51
IndA 16
PE 10
ME 11
PME 12
CE 12
TE 13
FE 23
AF 40
OF 1/3 38
OF 2/3 32
OF 3/3 10

rewards:
Coins - 82,974,200
Supplies - 88,159,200
Medals - 42,975
Diamonds - 1,700
Goods - Lots
Access to higher age Towers
Access to 36 Medal Land Expansion

But yeah this often brought up issue it is a not so good I think. With more and more events that have more and more map/research requirements, despite the effort to add "or" conditions, I think is eventually going to hurt the game as the persistent pressure applied to choose to either advance and play the events or forgo events to play at one's owns pace mounts more and more players will become nothing but frustrated.

I mean maybe they should instead design events that scale in reward relative to age, yes I realize random rewards scale and some other benefits of special buildings scale, like most other games you get better rewards the more advanced in the game you are, here you get the same reward despite your age.

So this event for example maybe IA players would get a building that produces coins but OF players get one that produces an FP.

I think that's a better model for incentivising game advancement as opposed to this either or thing, either advance or don't play events.

DeletedUser8362

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Province_Rewards
(oh and the Wiki needs fixing btw, you got the last OF at the top)

257x50=12,850 travel diamonds (though I think you can get away w/o spending diamonds on the first couple)
BA-CA 51
IndA 16
PE 10
ME 11
PME 12
CE 12
TE 13
FE 23
AF 40
OF 1/3 38
OF 2/3 32
OF 3/3 10

rewards:
Coins - 82,974,200
Supplies - 88,159,200
Medals - 42,975
Diamonds - 1,700
Goods - Lots
Access to higher age Towers
Access to 36 Medal Land Expansion

But yeah this often brought up issue it is a not so good I think. With more and more events that have more and more map/research requirements, despite the effort to add "or" conditions, I think is eventually going to hurt the game as the persistent pressure applied to choose to either advance and play the events or forgo events to play at one's owns pace mounts more and more players will become nothing but frustrated.

I mean maybe they should instead design events that scale in reward relative to age, yes I realize random rewards scale and some other benefits of special buildings scale, like most other games you get better rewards the more advanced in the game you are, here you get the same reward despite your age.

So this event for example maybe IA players would get a building that produces coins but OF players get one that produces an FP.

I think that's a better model for incentivising game advancement as opposed to this either or thing, either advance or don't play events.

I couldn't agree more.