• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Historical questline - Rosa Parks

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

qaccy

Emperor
"Donate 800 Current/Previous Goods to the treasury."

So 40 days worth of daily production from one Goods Building, or 10 days if you happen to have 4 of them.

Forget it... Any and every quest that asks something like this is an event breaker as far as I'm concerned. You are going to have to offer a hell of a lot more than 7 random goods for the reward building for me to even consider completing this kind of task.

The 'intended' objective in a quest with alternatives is usually the first one, which if I've been following the thread correctly is to scout a province in this instance. For those who for whatever reason are not going to scout but want to complete the event, that's the alternative you get. 800 may seem like a lot, but people who negotiate 100% of their map provinces because they want to keep scouting ages ahead of their research throw away more goods than that per province they acquire anyway. I'm speaking in very broad terms here, of course, but that's generally what I see happening.

On a related note, the person above who mathed out how 'impossible' it was to donate 800 goods to complete this quest mentioned being in Iron Age...now, why wouldn't they be able to scout a province instead? I don't believe the alternative is intended for players this low in age, when scouting only takes a few hours rather than 1-2 days.

DeletedUser4381

The 'intended' objective in a quest with alternatives is usually the first one, which if I've been following the thread correctly is to scout a province in this instance. For those who for whatever reason are not going to scout but want to complete the event, that's the alternative you get. 800 may seem like a lot, but people who negotiate 100% of their map provinces because they want to keep scouting ages ahead of their research throw away more goods than that per province they acquire anyway. I'm speaking in very broad terms here, of course, but that's generally what I see happening.

On a related note, the person above who mathed out how 'impossible' it was to donate 800 goods to complete this quest mentioned being in Iron Age...now, why wouldn't they be able to scout a province instead? I don't believe the alternative is intended for players this low in age, when scouting only takes a few hours rather than 1-2 days.

Iron age have a fair chance of scouting but, as has been mentioned in the other threads, if a player scouts something then the Daily Challenge will push them towards taking the province several sectors at a time - a few quests with a scout requirement pushes the player ever further ahead of his military strength until they get stuck, which negatively impacts both game enjoyment and the chances of completing quests/events/challenges.

But the scouting isn't happening for me either... and I'm a high age player. It's been clearly stated by lots of players that they do not wish to be forced to advance, and when the alternative is something like it is here then we/they just ignore the event instead. There's a nice new era just been released and, being that not everyone will have a huge stash of goods to donate, those 800 goods would unlock 4 (or more) techs.

Not worth the outlay for the reward.

DeletedUser8152

I received the quest to scout or donate goods. This quest made me look at the rest of them. Sure enough take a province is at the end. The royal cascade MIGHT be worth it if it had a smaller footprint. The take a province is a deal breaker for me. This will be the first quest line I will NOT complete.The scouting quest at least gives another option although I think the donation of goods is WAY to high. Innos, please stay away from the continent map. I am almost through the next age on the CM, ( with no tech done as I want to stay in the age where I'm at ) almost ENTIRELY because of these quest lines. Provide an alternative AND lower the bar a bit. The same goes for tech research. When this goes live, I won't be doing it on my other world either, for the same reasons.

DeletedUser4379

I think we have pretty much established that the Devs don't know what they are doing. Supposedly, comments/suggestions on Beta are forwarded to the Devs. Supposedly, the Devs read the comments.

I personally don't think either of the above happen.

DeletedUser1418

I don't believe the alternative is intended for players this low in age, when scouting only takes a few hours rather than 1-2 days.
Nonsence... these quest should be designed to be played by ALL players, no matter the Age for that matter, and the requests in the quest-line's should be at least fair. Giving away 800 goods no matter what age you are is idiotic, and the number of quests repeatedly asking to scout and acquire provinces, research tech as a way to force players to move on will actually have a very negative side effect: players will quit ;)

DeletedUser7942

Nonsence... these quest should be designed to be played by ALL players, no matter the Age for that matter, and the requests in the quest-line's should be at least fair. Giving away 800 goods no matter what age you are is idiotic, and the number of quests repeatedly asking to scout and acquire provinces, research tech as a way to force players to move on will actually have a very negative side effect: players will quit ;)
I genuinely wonder, do you think everything in the game should be able to be done by all players no matter how they play?

DeletedUser

I think we have pretty much established that the Devs don't know what they are doing. Supposedly, comments/suggestions on Beta are forwarded to the Devs. Supposedly, the Devs read the comments.

We have proven multiple times this year that we do listen, and changes have been directly made based on that feedback. However, as I have said before, just because we listen to all feedback does not mean we make changes based on every single thing players may suggest.

DeletedUser4381

I don't doubt that feedback goes back to the devs, and that they read it. However, I'll just quote a previous post (yet) again.

"Feedback that doesn't agree with what you want is simply a case of the person not having enough information, and can therefore be ignored."

I paraphrase, but I used to work with someone who believed the above... Thankfully not for long.

DeletedUser730

A few things:

[...] will actually have a very negative side effect: players will quit ;)
Exactly. I did quit for over half a year because of exactly what you were saying.

2. Whoever says that feedback doesn't get to the devs is probably right, because it's not supposed to go to them. It's supposed to get to some sort of project manager / product designer. Devs usually don't get a say in what features a product has, so stop bashing on the devs.

3. To get on-topic here, my personal opinion about this event is that it went on for far too long. I finished it about 48h after it started. Now I know not everyone will finish that fast (admittedly I used diamonds to speed it up), but I feel like this event has gone on for ages. Maybe after finishing an event's quests, give out some recurring quests which reward random stuff (not highly valuable items tho), so that we don't get bored? (Only for historical questlines, and maybe the description of the text could be stuff like "did you know?" about the person)

DeletedUser7942

As a matter of a fact: Yes, I do.
So I should be able to do all the quests, events, Daily Challenges, GE, GvG, Continent Map while in Bronze Age using nothing but Spearfighters, get all the expansions and have space for every single building in the game while never advancing or spending a single fp?

qaccy

Emperor

See...this is why alternatives exist. Not so that both options are equally completable by everyone (in that case, it's not really an alternative as I see it), but so that generally speaking, everyone is more or less able to pick the one they're more ready/able to complete. In this example, a higher-age player is more likely to complete the treasury donation requirement as scouting takes a longer time, and a lower-age player is more likely to scout as their scout times are a lot shorter.

Quests are, at the most basic level, intended to ask you to play the game. They're not just buttons you click to get free stuff. If I may ask, what would your ideas for 'acceptable' quests be? I can't help but feel like your suggestions would be along the lines of simply collecting small amounts of resources for all quests.

DeletedUser8553

Sigh........more Scouting, More Research Tech or Take a province. Those of us in Live at higher levels are being forced to NOT complete Event or move into higher ERA. Why must higher level players be penalized in every event due to those quests? Surely there must be another alternative. Also, I don't mind goods donations, but be real. 800 is a bit much.

DeletedUser4381

you need to reach the highest level

then those things are auto-completed :D

that is cheaper than buying 3 sectors with goods

Aye, 3 sectors at 280 goods each. Which was more annoying, as it included goods from two ages behind my current age (which are scarce in my guild/hood) so I had to wipe out a bunch of buildings so I could get them.

DeletedUser8410

Not sure if this was brought up in beta, but 800 goods is pretty much impossible on the first week of a world.

Or even your first week of playing. That kind of reward should have the number adjusted based on either player's age, or at least player's world registration date - to account for campers.

So someone on the first week of a world might be able to reasonably get it done with 50 or even 100 goods (and even that is a bit much at this stage, honestly).

Thought I'd bring it up here since more eyeballs.

I hope this can be considered for future quests as it would help out newer players greatly. Thank you.

DeletedUser8404

Also, someone in the first week is likely still in Bronze Age, meaning they probably can't donate anything to the guild treasury at all.

DeletedUser4381

Or in my situation, conquer several provinces because the quest order was acquire sectors > scout > take province instead of scout first.

There's a reason I'm ignoring the event on live... Too many stupid decisions/choices to be worthwhile.