• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2019

That's bad, because now I was just the population deleted. Instead, there is now demographic deduction. Sorry, I do not understand. The building was really great!

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 12

DeletedUser10039

Thank you INNO for balancing out the event building. As last an event building in 2019 that doesn't give a tonne of population (net result we gain happiness even though it looks like you get negative happiness you actually gain loads of happiness as a result of this change.) Now I can tear down half my happiness buildings and put that space to better use.

DeletedUser7503

TOTAL bush league move inno with your change to the abandon asylum................... you really upset a lot of people who now have neg population, neg happiness and may have, like I did,[sold residences which diamonds were used to pay for] to accommodate the population the asylum initially provided. Now cities can't be restored to their previous status without spending more diamonds!!!! where are the diamonds to compensate all the people whose city you messed up?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously disappointed with this move. I actually bought diamonds to get this building and now I have to find space for more houses to offset the change, thanks a bunch, last time I put money INNO's way.

qaccy

Emperor
TOTAL bush league move inno with your change to the abandon asylum................... you really fuk'd over a lot of people who now have neg population, neg happiness and may have, like I did,[sold residences which diamonds were used to pay for] to accommodate the population the asylum initially provided. Now cities can't be restored to their previous status without spending more diamonds!!!! where are the diamonds to compensate all the people whose city you fuk'd up?????

Welcome to beta. Things can and will change; that's part of the beta process you signed up for when those free diamonds and seeing things early sucked you into creating a city here. Better it happens here than on live servers where free diamonds are far less common and it would affect far more people.

DeletedUser10286

Thank you INNO for balancing out the event building. As last an event building in 2019 that doesn't give a tonne of population (net result we gain happiness even though it looks like you get negative happiness you actually gain loads of happiness as a result of this change.) Now I can tear down half my happiness buildings and put that space to better use.
if the problem was happiness it was just selling some houses

DeletedUser10057

build the alcatraz you are in progressive era you can build the alcatraz problem solve, once again someone of a supirior age complaining with out a reason

DeletedUser10057

That's the thing though; having a lot of houses is what the game is 'intended' to be. Population is supposed to be like a currency that you 'spend' on military, goods, and production buildings. It still is, but if you look at the game without event buildings, you're supposed to have a great deal of houses in order to run the rest of the buildings in your city. I don't have a problem with event buildings cutting down on the space needed for population, but I do have an issue with there not being equivalent event buildings to cut down on the space needed for happiness. In fact, the current trend INCREASES the space needed for happiness because we're still stuck using pretty much normal buildings in order to satisfy the requirements of these event buildings. Do you see what I'm getting at yet?
no normal buildings build GEs
and it´s so important for you in SAM era this event buildings? don´t you have enough pfs coins goods already?this events buildings are important for beguiners they make a diferance in a city, not for a guy that receves already 200pfs and 200 goods every day in SAM era
and the solution couldn´t be one more upgrade in the graveyard ore in the sparrow or onother hapiness building?
and as i say before go to the tavern and buy the bonus of hapiness
the game also intended to have goods buildings why event building gives goods?

DeletedUser10057

great bridge, graveyard, may pole, elefhant fountain, scarecrow, gate of the sun, face of ancient all hapiness buildings do you have this buidings? GEs alcatraz, atomium, gaia, lotus? why don´t use this for balance?

qaccy

Emperor
@marcoags The thing with GBs is that they can only be built once, and their permanent bonuses are balanced around other buildings from their age. However, event buildings can be built multiple times, there are multiple events per year, and they provide valuable bonuses along with things like population that are usually two or three ages above what normal buildings provide. What this means is that the more events you participate in and the more prizes you build, the more and more imbalanced your city will become because Inno isn't balancing the event offerings currently, and hasn't since the middle of last year.

You're essentially just looking at this single event instead of looking at the bigger picture here that I'm trying to explain to you.

DeletedUser10057

you all stell see what you want to see
you don´t care if a city dosn´t have goods buildings (becouse of the event buildingas) but you worry that a city dosn´t have houses
you haven´t space for cultural buildings but you have space for houses
no i don´t understand

DeletedUser10057

i sujested to all my guild members to buid the alcatraz as a startegy for extra population and now they change the buiding becouse there is persons that whan´t cultural GEs (can only be buid once but can be level several times...)

DeletedUser10057

you defend your position and i defend mine of course but yours arguments are contradictory
like "a abandoned asylium shoudn´t give population becouse is abandoned" but ok if it gives atack bonus

DeletedUser10057

"if you have a lack of population build houses" but you if have lack of hapiness only complain don´t want to do nothing

DeletedUser10057

@qaccy as i say if you are in SAM era and don´t build this building that is not a big problem but for someone that starts is a big diference and all that are saying that population is bad are in superior ages (live)

DeletedUser10057

this is a problem that is in discuss at least from the summer event, and they took the easyest way, in the middle of a event cut population and give negative hapiness
should i be happy with this? and you are tryng to convence me that is a good for my city?

DeletedUser10193

build the alcatraz you are in progressive era you can build the alcatraz problem solve, once again someone of a supirior age complaining with out a reason

Not everyone is interested in that building. I know I'm not. I'm not into fighting, so I have no use for those kinds of buildings.
Now, on the live world I don't actually have a problem with happiness though. The change to this building means I won't be building it when the event hits live servers. I'll use the event to farm some stuff and dump the building into the auction house. Meh.

qaccy

Emperor
Alright, we're starting to conflate two separate issues here. Regarding the Asylum specifically, no, it should not provide population if it's also being called 'abandoned'. However, it could have gone the other way and been renamed instead in order to keep the population - either way would have been fine with me, though I obviously prefer the route they took.

The other issue, which you're kinda mixing in with the above, is that event prizes are consistently providing population. There is no balance with event buildings right now, which is a problem for long-time players. Doesn't matter what age they're in, because the longer they play, the more event buildings they're going to get and the more their population is going to spiral out of control unless things change. This has nothing to do with age and everything to do with the amount of event buildings in your city.

Let me put it to you like this, since you're entirely focused on this one event still: Imagine a city that's already got the happiness GBs built. Now, fill the rest of the city space with Asylums that provide population. This is essentially what folks like myself are talking about: Cities filled with event buildings, not necessarily a single building by itself. My city contains prizes from multiple events, all of them providing population because that's what Inno decided to slap on them. Regardless of what age I'm in, I'm going to have these same event prizes and I'm going to have the same population issue because, again, that's what Inno decided to slap on them. If I was a player in SAM who had no event buildings in my city, yeah, everything looks awesome because I'm replacing ordinary buildings from the research tree with them. However, anyone who's been playing events for the past couple years is going to have population well in excess of what they want (or need) no matter what age they're in.

I think I've said this before, but what it really boils down to is that when you look at events as a whole, there's too much population being offered. I want to see less population coming from events. That could lead to the assumption that I want to see more happiness, which I do, but it's possible to have a great event prize that provides neither one of these things and I'm more interested in simply seeing less population.

DeletedUser10057

then i repeat what i´m saying from the begining
this decision is good for players that are in the game a long time along, but aren´t a good decicion for players that begin a few time ago (and they must balance this)
you are seing the all events and don´t want to see the other view
, i have a city with a lot of event buildings but also have a city that y start 2 months ago , i see all events but also the point of view of a player that is playing is first or second event