• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Vs. Guild Improvements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

jovada

Regent
Data doesn't lie. These changes did not have the negative impact that people on the forums were saying they would. Don't have to participate in GvG to look at those graphs and see that nothing's really changed.

If nothing really changed so why make the changes then, to keep us out of our sleep ???

And if you look well at the graphs you will see that before the drop most of these guilds had a climbing bar and now most of these guilds have a descending bar.

DeletedUser5135

Are you certain about that?
In the short term, there is no fall. But in the long term there will be supersaturation caused by fatigue of fighters, devastation of the treasury of the guild, misunderstanding when protection will fall from sectors. Guild Battlegrounds will be added to this hard online.
In this way, we will see the collapse of GvG.
I look forward to seeing these changes put in place on live servers to see all the dirt that will flow out on Inno. However, they deserved it :)

lorenzo75

Merchant
It doesn 't show the perspective. It doesn 't show the consequences. It is necessary to really participate in GvG to understand all horror of changes.
As a real military commander, I say these changes are bad and will not lead to anything good.

I think instead that they will give everyone the chance to play instead of only those who can enter at 20. I think that many guilds think they will lose their power now that they really have to do gvg and not just 10 minutes a night

DeletedUser5135

I think instead that they will give everyone the chance to play instead of only those who can enter at 20. I think that many guilds think they will lose their power now that they really have to do gvg and not just 10 minutes a night
More like no than yes. The main point of GvG is to recruit as many sectors as possible and retain them.
So, with 3 recalculations a day, it 's a problem even for a large guild, not to mention all the small ones.
This is now clearly visible on beta maps. The movement takes place mainly on the map of All Ages. The commodity cards are quiet. There is no goods and it is pathetic for everyone to let in the wind.

If you don 't take the goods for siege, then a revival is possible. But even then players will be sorry to spend units, because a lot is now spent on the Guild Battlegrounds.

I am also talking about the fact that those players who are comfortable coming to 3 recalculations will not be able to act normally. The guild will not have enough resources, accordingly and for them the war will end.
It 's about perfect guilds, of course. But for guilds of 1 person, paradise will come. If Inno cares about these guilds, then it 's hard for me to understand...

Last edited by a moderator:

lorenzo75

Merchant
More like no than yes. The main point of GvG is to recruit as many sectors as possible and retain them.
So, with 3 recalculations a day, it 's a problem even for a large guild, not to mention all the small ones.
This is now clearly visible on beta maps. The movement takes place mainly on the map of All Ages. The commodity cards are quiet. There is no goods and it is pathetic for everyone to let in the wind.

If you don 't take the goods for siege, then a revival is possible. But even then players will be sorry to spend units, because a lot is now spent on the Guild Battlegrounds.

I am also talking about the fact that those players who are comfortable coming to 3 recalculations will not be able to act normally. The guild will not have enough resources, accordingly and for them the war will end.
It 's about perfect guilds, of course. But for guilds of 1 person, paradise will come. If Inno cares about these guilds, then it 's hard for me to understand...

The problem of goods could be solved by reducing the cost to 1/3 as the value of the sectors has been reduced to 1/3. It seems to me better than letting the gvg be only at 8pm. Anyway, on almost all the ages maps, all eras tend to be the most alive.

for too long now the gvg is just keeping sectors and fighting very little. With this change it becomes more dynamic. There should no longer be guilds above the others.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5135

The problem of goods could be solved by reducing the cost to 1/3 as the value of the sectors has been reduced to 1/3. It seems to me better than letting the gvg be only at 8pm. Anyway, on almost all the ages maps, all eras tend to be the most alive.

for too long now the gvg is just keeping sectors and fighting very little. With this change it becomes more dynamic. There should no longer be guilds above the others.
I 'd really like it if it were.
But so far, the changes are bad.

qaccy

Emperor
@OveRLoaD As always, keep in mind that this stuff affects everybody. It doesn't just affect guilds holding a lot of sectors. It doesn't just affect small guilds. It doesn't just affect guilds that don't have players who can be online at every reset. It affects *everybody*. In that light, how can a change be 'bad' (or 'good') if it affects everyone? Can't really opt out, so the way I see it all of these changes are just changes. Adapt to the new way GvG is going to work, or don't. Everyone else will have to do the same.

Sl8yer

Regent
@OveRLoaD As always, keep in mind that this stuff affects everybody. It doesn't just affect guilds holding a lot of sectors. It doesn't just affect small guilds. It doesn't just affect guilds that don't have players who can be online at every reset. It affects *everybody*. In that light, how can a change be 'bad' (or 'good') if it affects everyone? Can't really opt out, so the way I see it all of these changes are just changes. Adapt to the new way GvG is going to work, or don't. Everyone else will have to do the same.

It does not effect the majority that does not play GvG.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Comparison GvG and GB:
GB = more guild power gained than GvG.
GB = good personal rewards; GvG = 0 personal awards.

We must add personal rewards to GvG otherwise she is dead.

DeletedUser8410

Any chance we can go back to where sieges and shields updated on maps without having to reload?

It was finally working perfectly then got broken again.

jovada

Regent
It was predicted that this would be the end of GvG, nothing happens on lower era's, only the AA is action and when i say action it's mostly guilds resieging each other sectors so non can go through.
You can see how much innogames is interested in GvG, they do nothing about siegemacro's and how often the mods gave a reaction here.

DeletedUser9396

I already consider myself a GbG player much more than a GvG player. GvG was never more appealing to me than GE or event play. On the other hand, I GbG like a crack addict in a burned out neighborhood.

As for the GvG changes, they all seem to encourage changes in strategy. Resistance, references intended, to change is futile.

DeletedUser8410

That is exactly what InnoGames want - to get rid of GvG since this feature costs a lot (server a.s.o)
They've done a good job with the changes lately, hopefully the code cleanup saved them some on operating costs :)

GbG sounds fun, need to try it.

jovada

Regent
And again another week later , look at the maps , 6 era's without a single shield , only resieges on AA and a little bit action in FE and that is because a lot of players stayed in FE to avoid the useless goods they receive from ARC in higher era's.
And still no more reactions from the mods, are they goiing to bring it to live servers or not ? It is about time they serve clear wine, we are 3 months later now.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8410

And again another week later , look at the maps , 6 era's without a single shield , only resieges on AA and a little bit action in FE and that is because a lot of players stayed in FE to avoid the useless goods they receive from ARC in higher era's.
And still no more reactions from the mods, are they goiing to bring it to live servers or not ? It is about time they serve clear wine, we are 3 months later now.
Bring what to the live servers? If you mean time changes etc, I assume it will be soon. They tested daily challenges for months and it paid off - I'd rather wait and have them get it right :)

As for action on other eras, don't know about Beta but on US25 it's very active (albeit not Iron Age - HMA) on the lower eras. We just fought in ME today, wiped out a guild in LMA last week, and we're fighting tomorrow in a couple eras below TE. That's on top of the TE, FE, and AA fighting we're doing.

About staying in FE, I hear that. I am doing same on Z, most people around my rank are 2-4 eras higher. I am getting close to being able to beat space age with hovers without taking horrendous losses :) 246% on attacker's defense is doing the trick, need just a bit more att/def and I'm solid.

Just putting that out there - you can stay in FE and still play AA for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9327

Hello! I apologize if I repeat the topic, but I do not understand English well.
Please tell me, is it planned to remove the def in one click on GvG? It became impossible to fight like that. It all depends on the patience and time of the players, and not on skill or strategy.
Or please give a link where the discussion of this topic took place?

DeletedUser10002

When will you make 4 hour recalc live?
I tend to leave GvG alone until you do that....
Or go GBG all the way when it comes live and forget GvG all together