• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Vs. Guild Improvements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Rusje

Steward
And if you remove archers, they will use oneother unit... Where will this end? Only SAM troops on the AA map???

DeletedUser8963

And if you remove archers, they will use oneother unit... Where will this end? Only SAM troops on the AA map???

Would you agree that spearfighters were abused, the same way archers are now?

I would love only Mars troops, but I'm not advocating that, just put first age with semi-decent barrack sizes and "standard" train time, whatever age has them first.

In.My.ConTroL

Inhouse Community Manager
Thanks everyone for providing us this feedback!
We are constantly checking this topic and forwarding your comments, complaints and requests (both negative and positive) to the development team, who will keep working on the feature before it goes live.

DeletedUser10112

when can we expect that ? tomorow with the new fall event?. just give us a deadline please.

DeletedUser8963

More on this, are archers really being produced by Iron age players who come to AA map to attack and defend their sectors? Or they are just abused for their barrack size and train time?

On my screenshot above you see PME player... and 62 Iron age barracks, you think those are used for Iron age campaign or for abusing on AA maps?

AA map is a "premium" map, those sectors give most points, but due to no-cost sieges and silly abuses guilds can hold large territory simply by exploiting shortcomings, which Inno tried to fix by removing spearfighters. Holding lots of points on AA map shouldn't be easy, it should be difficult, but if a guild is capable to do so, without exploiting, kudos to them.

1BFA

Viceroy
More on this, are archers really being produced by Iron age players who come to AA map to attack and defend their sectors? Or they are just abused for their barrack size and train time?

On my screenshot above you see PME player... and 62 Iron age barracks, you think those are used for Iron age campaign or for abusing on AA maps?

AA map is a "premium" map, those sectors give most points, but due to no-cost sieges and silly abuses guilds can hold large territory simply by exploiting shortcomings, which Inno tried to fix by removing spearfighters. Holding lots of points on AA map shouldn't be easy, it should be difficult, but if a guild is capable to do so, without exploiting, kudos to them.

Here is an Idea.

Since AA map was created primarily for ages after FE, why dont you restrict AA map to only players and units after FE? and rename the map to Advanced Ages map. This should have been done on the first day.

If someone wants to fight with archers, let them go to Iron age map. If someone wants to train lower age members there are lots of lower age maps.. This will make the lower age maps active too.

Edit: This will also encourage folks to age up atleast to AF and once they age up to AF there inst much incentive to camp.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8963

Here is an Idea.

Since AA map was created primarily for ages after FE, why dont you restrict AA map to only players and units after FE? and rename the map to Advanced Ages map. This should have been done on the first day.

If someone wants to fight with archers, let them go to Iron age map. If someone wants to train lower age members there are lots of lower age maps.. This will make the lower age maps active too.

That's the only reasonable thing I see. But that would probably be "long shot" to expect. I'd be happy just to patch exploits first.

AA gives most points, no one, absolutely no one from Colonial age (example) expects to go to AA and bring his guild #1 spot. It's a place where the best units in game are used for fights... a place that awards most points... and currently, also a place that's so easy to exploit with that "all ages" thingy.

dolphin

Marquis
What use it is to play GvG , it is still full of glitches and devs do absolutly NOTHING against siegebots , it is worst then before now.
Honest fighters have zero komma zero chances now

I agree. No real improvement in GvG. Still have the mouse scripts / bots owning prime area especially in AA map. Either in house Inno players or paying Inno lots of $. Not good for the game!

dolphin

Marquis
No need to find specific bots I can assure you that on Italian servers the use of bot in gvg is widespread. The difference is between the more or less advanced ones.
  • Just search for : "mouse scripting software" or "mouse macro recorder"
The evidence is plain as say for any computer literate user.

qaccy

Emperor
Reasoning "spearfighters have no place on AA GvG because in bronze age you can't GvG anyway" was always just poor reasoning and made little to no sense.

Spearfighters were used to fill sectors for large guilds (so they don't have to use strong troops, but still provide a means to slow down attackers) - and by attackers to be able to siege without using those same strong units on their own. That was the only reason to remove spears.

However, removing spears only partially solved this issue as now archers are in their place. Yes, they are nowhere near fast producing as spears, but just look at various GvG maps, archers are now abused and purely removing archers didn't solve an issue why spears were removed in the first place.

To be frank, it's pretty apalling to me that you don't understand why it makes sense to exclude Bronze Age units from the AA map. How DOES it make sense that an age with no GvG representation, an age where a player can't even ACCESS the GvG map and also cannot contribute goods to the treasury (since they're unused) suddenly gets an opportunity to provide military units? Keep in mind that the only way this can be done at all is if a player is already past the age where they're featured, as a Bronze Age player, again, cannot even look at the map. This long-overdue exclusion is just confirmation that allowing Bronze Age units was an unintended oversight. They could have gone the other way and simply changed Spearfighters to train in an hour like the other Bronze units, but it's obvious that Inno's intent was to correct their mistake here. Took way too long, but these things usually do.

Until Bronze Age players are allowed to access the GvG map and they get a province to fight in, trying to defend including the troops in the AA province is simply laughable to me.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Just my 5 cents, archers should be removed from AA too, we got rid of spears, which is good, but now Archers are in their place and things aren't really fixed. Problem with Archers is that their barrack is small and time to produce is fairly short.
There is a big difference: spearfighters barracks can easily be removed before harvesting Alcatraz.
62 Iron age barracks will remain.
The player therefore deprives himself of other units with Alcatraz.

DeletedUser8963

There is a big difference: spearfighters barracks can easily be removed before harvesting Alcatraz.
62 Iron age barracks will remain.
The player therefore deprives himself of other units with Alcatraz.

Well exactly that is happening in East-Nagach on international servers (62 barracks down, never go out), player doesn't care if he doesn't get any of units of his city age.

However, make no mistake, that barrack is built in 1h 20 min, and some similar time is required to train an archer. So even if you delete all of your Archery ranges before Traz collection, in a bit more than 6 hours you can again have 248 archers ready for exploiting. In next ~5 hrs 248 more, then again in ~5hrs 248 more...

I'm not saying there is no difference between spears and archers, I'm just saying both are an exploit, fixing one closes just one part of it.

To be frank, it's pretty apalling to me that you don't understand why it makes sense to exclude Bronze Age units from the AA map. How DOES it make sense that an age with no GvG representation, an age where a player can't even ACCESS the GvG map and also cannot contribute goods to the treasury (since they're unused) suddenly gets an opportunity to provide military units? Keep in mind that the only way this can be done at all is if a player is already past the age where they're featured, as a Bronze Age player, again, cannot even look at the map. This long-overdue exclusion is just confirmation that allowing Bronze Age units was an unintended oversight. They could have gone the other way and simply changed Spearfighters to train in an hour like the other Bronze units, but it's obvious that Inno's intent was to correct their mistake here. Took way too long, but these things usually do.

Until Bronze Age players are allowed to access the GvG map and they get a province to fight in, trying to defend including the troops in the AA province is simply laughable to me.

You really think spears were removed because bronze age players can't GvG anyway, and not because spearfighters were exploited on AA map by higher age players?

They can't change train time of spearfighters as they want to give players entering a world of FoE an opportunity to taste a game quickly before things slow down.

Removing spearfighters was not done because bronze age players can't enter GvG. Removing spearfighters was done solely as their build time was exploited by higher age players. And now archers are exploited because of their barrack size and train speed. Not a same, but a similar thing.

I posted two screenshots, one screenshot shows PME player producing archers, other screenshot shows a guild using archers, worth mentioning - that guild has no Iron age players, so try to guess if they were produced by higher age player or not.

So, that PME player has GvG ability as he advanced, and now he's using that ability to produce Iron Age Archers, by your reasoning "bronze age players can't enter GvG", why Inno stopped him from producing Spearfighters? Because that's an exploit.

DeletedUser10112

to all of us. the important thing is.
when will the changes come to real servers ?
we were promissed changes and new things. and my sons are almost graduated and i see nothing hapenning.
with this time schedulle we can expect the 8 hours reset by christmas and guild battlegrounds on the christmas 2020

DeletedUser8963

Fantastic, we know that :
- There will be a change to what is in the beta
- We do not know what
- We will not be able to experiment it
- ... we will cry when it goes live because we will be unprepared...
THAT IS A GOOD JOB !!
PLEASE CONSIDER THE ONE WHO PLAYS WITH FOE SINCE 5 YEARS !!!

Not sure if shouting is the way to go, just because someone is loud doesn't mean his opinion is more valid than someone else's.

They also have to consider ones willing, but not being able to participate for 5 years, which is partially what changes are here for.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8963

Herr Doctor, First, you may think things for yourself, you are not obliged to impose it on others, you can keep it for yourself.
Since writing here, either quietly or loudly, none is either consider, listened or answered, which is a shame !
So, I know simply express my discontentment here, for me to share it with other that I am sure have the same bad taste in the mouth about all what FOE does instead of considering pleasing their customers !

Why didn't you keep your opinion for yourself then? This is a place to write feedback on this particular topic and what's common is that people are being rude and not accepting that there are other players, shouting (writing in capital letters, coloring them and enlarging) goes against netiquette, it's rude.

By saying "everyone" disagrees or agrees about something is just plain wrong.

It's also quite wrong to assume they aren't reading or listening to their players/customers, let me give you few short examples:

a) most changes are based on complaints going on for years by multiple players across all worlds (on forums and via support*), they are not something that Inno placed in to mock existing players, other changes are QoL improvements which are welcome
b) Inno tossed upon us more changes than currently implemented on live servers, however, they implemented only ones which weren't opposed by some majority, but were welcomed (removal of spearfighters, map location persistance when switching views and so on). Those that aren't implemented yet and there is the biggest issue - a number of recalcs per day - were modified before being implemented even to beta, also based on feedback given here

I assume a constructive suggestion is worth much more than trying to give one's opinion more value only because they are shouting.

Will Inno please everyone? No. Not because they don't want to, but because they can't, and you know why? People have different opinions...

*disclaimer: I was in-game, social and forum moderator for a certain period of time, I've seen things first hand

DeletedUser8338

Oh my God, in your screenshot my archers!:p you want to raise the rating due to troops of other players, and archers do not give you this. Sadly))
Previously, comprehensive protection was put in the sectors, which was expensive to manufacture, and this did not save from attacks. You probably need Martian troops on a silver platter?)
they removed the spearmen, now they ask to remove the iron warriors, then someone wants to remove the others ..
Then call the map not All Age but Mars

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Emperor
Spearfighters being removed made sense as it’s essentially a instant build and it doesn’t lock out anyone if you remove Bronze Age units. Removing beyond that isn’t something I see a point to. Iron Age may be quick but it’s slow enough that you can’t just put it up 5 mins before recalc. You still have to plan ahead with Iron Age troops and if you removed them you’d be removing a portion of your competition given Iron Age players don’t have access to anything else

DeletedUser8963

You still have to plan ahead with Iron Age troops and if you removed them you’d be removing a portion of your competition given Iron Age players don’t have access to anything else

Except for the Iron Age GvG map.

But don't get me wrong. If people want to continue exploiting Archers in AA GvG, we'll just adapt to it, as we adapted to spearfighters exploit.

I only thought it's worth mentioning as I felt exploit isn't closed, just barely mitigated. We'll just get few players who only use our server as diamond server to produce archers for us and that's ok.

DeletedUser8963

Let me rephrase, don’t have access to anything other then Iron Age units

Ember, are we here again trying to protect "poor Iron Age players" and give them an option to fight on AA map?

I can only guess, so you can too, how many actual Iron Age players are going into AA map thinking to wreak havoc... Archers are not being built by Iron age players to be used on AA map, they are built by higher age players to save them from wasting higher age units.